PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Classless Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's not the point of this thread is it? The point of this thread is to call out the Chargers for trash-talking a division rival.

No, that wasn't the point.

The point of this thread was to point out the hypocrisy of the chargers. They complain when other teams celebrate in what they perceive as a taunting manner, yet they do the same thing. If they believe other teams are classless for doing it, then they should also admit they are classless.

It isn't about trash talking, it is about hypocrisy.

You're wrong about that. The head coach has a lot to do with how you act when you win. Players will act how their head coach tells them unless they are just loose cannons. Anyone who ever watched the Spurs knock out the Lakers on the Lakers home floor after the Lakers had won three championships in a row remembers the camera in the huddle with the Spurs coach telling his players in the last couple minutes that they will win with class. He demanded it. No player dared defy that directive. People could learn a lot about how to win with grace from the San Antonio Spurs and their head coach.

Maybe Mr. Norv Turner should have a talk with his starting QB, ya think?

The video is pretty damning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma5LAUHTQUA&eurl=http://beta.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

chargers won tonight? i didnt even know they played... i dont watch meaningless games... maybe if they can get themselves into an important game, someone in the country will care.

hehehe....the Chargers are pretty much irrelevant this year aren't they? You're right about the fact that no one is noticing ANYTHING about them after all the talk of their greatness last year. In order to be deemed classless, you have to be one of the teams on top, otherwise, no one cares (except Sanvara;))

Since Rivers has shown he is a run-of-the-mill quarterback at best, he should be the last one taunting any player. He's been pitiful this year.

Last edited:
You're wrong about that. The head coach has a lot to do with how you act when you win. Players will act how their head coach tells them unless they are just loose cannons. Anyone who ever watched the Spurs knock out the Lakers on the Lakers home floor after the Lakers had won three championships in a row remembers the camera in the huddle with the Spurs coach telling his players in the last couple minutes that they will win with class. He demanded it. No player dared defy that directive. People could learn a lot about how to win with grace from the San Antonio Spurs and their head coach.

tsk, tsk, tsk....poor Sanvara is still hurting from last year's playoff loss and this years POUNDING the Chargers received at the hands of the Patriots. May I suggest a long, hot bath with candles and some of that aroma-therapy to sooth the pain and help you heal.

It all starts with the first step. Now repeat after me,

"The Chargers lost to a better team, the Chargers lost to a better team..."

Rivers is a punk. Anyone read Bruschi's book? Vrabel shut him up. Vrabes is one of my favorite players.

"You'll never be Drew Brees!" had me rollin!!!

San Diego just irks me because they have never done anything. The only bowl they've been to is in Hawaii. Granted, they're very tallented but don't know how to close tight games against tough opponents. They're young and brash without veteran leadership. Anytime you combine great tallent with a dearth of leadership you get the Classy ****tail.

Last edited:
LOL.

So much hatred for the Chargers, unbelievable!

16-0 is great, but can you win in the post season?

Most Charger players want to be 4th seed so they can avenge the loss to the Jags and a chance to meet up with your p**ssy QB and smack him around.

Whoever comes to San Diego in the PS is dead meat at this point. San Diego is peaking at the right time. Their 1-3 start was expected: coaching debacle and FO changes bring about losses. Now everything's clicking. They're also getting healthier.

I wish that SD and NE played each other in week 14; the '72 Dolphins would have been very glad.

Your offense is weak against a 4-man rush, thanks to the Eagles and the Ravens. Plus, you have no running game. A cheap shot to pu**y Brady spells doom to your 4th ring.

:)

I think the better question is can YOU win in the post season? Ummm, apparently not.

I've noticed the charger fans seem to really reflect their team.

all mouth, zero accomplishment.

classybaby_116.jpg

I've noticed the charger fans seem to really reflect their team.

all mouth, zero accomplishment.
That's for sure, just like their team.

Next week all the teams still playing will have the same record you arrogant prick. The Pats won't be in the Superbowl.
Actually next week the Pats will be 0-0, the Chargers will be 0-1.

Not being a Chargers fans I have often wondered, is your team called the Chargers because of all the rich socialite women who use their husbands credit cards in those high dollar stores. That would explain why Lt cries like a baby all the time and Phillip Rivers purse.

I find it interesting that pats fans are thumping their chest behind a possible 16-0 reg season and ripping Chargers fans relentlessly over the teams 5 losses this season. Ya, 16-0 is a rare achievement if it happens but pats fans should know as well as anyone that it's just the beginning.

Maybe the pats will go 19-0 but maybe they won't. As I recall the pats opened 1-3 in 01 and went on to achieve a respectable 11-5 record on the season and then managed to distinguish themselves in the postseason.

The pats are a very good team this year. I just hope the Chargers get the opportunity to learn more from the pats in the playoffs.

Do you mean can the Chargers? Well they haven't won **** since they were in the Superbowl in 95? I don't think Kotong plays for the Chargers.

Yes, I mean the Chargers. Where do Charger fans get off talking about success and what they are going to do when their history is utter failure. It's even funnier that it is on a Pats message board--cuz the Pats have no history of winning anything recently.

I like the Chargers. I'm not all that impressed with Charger fans...they can't seem to see the forest for the trees.

I find it interesting that pats fans are thumping their chest behind a possible 16-0 reg season and ripping Chargers fans relentlessly over the teams 5 losses this season. Ya, 16-0 is a rare achievement if it happens but pats fans should know as well as anyone that it's just the beginning.

Maybe the pats will go 19-0 but maybe they won't. As I recall the pats opened 1-3 in 01 and went on to achieve a respectable 11-5 record on the season and then managed to distinguish themselves in the postseason.

and that's what sets the pats apart from the chargers.

oh, that and the chargers' ****ty attitude.

I like the Chargers. I'm not all that impressed with Charger fans...they can't seem to see the forest for the trees.

Internet Charger fans are horrible. I got Cali once a year, my brother lives there year round. We both see the same thing, Charger fans in real life are very nice people, but could really care less about football.

Phillip Rivers and several Chargers players seen taunting the Denver Broncos after their win tonight... waving goodbye and talking smack.

So I expect LT to come out tonight and lambaste his own team for being classless in the win.

I also expect Steve Young and Mike Ditka to come on ESPN and talk about how classless an act it was for Rivers and his teammates to taunt an inferior team like that.

I mean, it's only fair, right ?
Players on every team in the NFL including the pats talk smack. Here's one example. http://www.zippyvideos.com/3301608671899746/koyfavrewhip/

If pats fans on this board are suggesting their team is beyond reproach, well? That's just ridiculous. That the end of the game antics are being misinterpreted isn't even relevant at this point.

the difference being pats talk smack and back it up --- chargers just GET smacked.

I guess that's another difference.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes