PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

cincy post article

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061002/SPT03/610020346/1022

"They'd trade player for player with us any day," said T.J. Houshmandzadeh, who might have been the only Cincinnati representative to actually acquit himself well in Sunday's 38-13 home defeat. "It's frustrating because I feel like we're the better team by far, but the score indicates they were the better team by far."

"I don't understand it," said the Bengals' still-rising receiver (four catches, 95 yards). "I didn't see any way they could beat us.

brady was asked about this on weei..says the team has heard it since last 4 yrs so its nothing new...

SVN said:
http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061002/SPT03/610020346/1022

"They'd trade player for player with us any day," said T.J. Houshmandzadeh, who might have been the only Cincinnati representative to actually acquit himself well in Sunday's 38-13 home defeat. "It's frustrating because I feel like we're the better team by far, but the score indicates they were the better team by far."

"I don't understand it," said the Bengals' still-rising receiver (four catches, 95 yards). "I didn't see any way they could beat us.

brady was asked about this on weei..says the team has heard it since last 4 yrs so its nothing new...

Wow, I've always really liked Hoosh, but these comments are really lowering my opinion of him. He thinks we'd rather have Rudi than Dilloroney? He thinks we'd rather have Palmer than Brady? ETC ETC ETC. Talent isn't everything. He needs to read the plaque on the wall - We are not gathering talent, we're building a team.

Hoosh is a Doosh.

That's why these guys are not ready to take the next step. Too eager to distance themselves from the loss. They would rather look good and bring attention to themselves individually than play as a team.

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:
Wow, I've always really liked Hoosh, but these comments are really lowering my opinion of him. He thinks we'd rather have Rudi than Dilloroney? He thinks we'd rather have Palmer than Brady? ETC ETC ETC. Talent isn't everything. He needs to read the plaque on the wall - We are not gathering talent, we're building a team.

Hoosh is a Doosh.

Good post.

And "Dilloroney", I like that. :rocker:

bunzoburns said:
That's why these guys are not ready to take the next step. Too eager to distance themselves from the loss. They would rather look good and bring attention to themselves individually than play as a team.

Bingo, we have bingo!

SVN said:

Heck, we've(they've) been hearing it since XXXVI against the Greatest Faux on Turf.

Where have I heard this before?

Isn't that what every team said during our 21 game winning streak?

Welcome to the club hoosyourmama....Welcome to the club!

Yeah, our front 7 versus theirs. That's a toughie... :singing:

More seriously -- Brady is exactly right, that's what they've been hearing for years. I remember Zach Pillar, a good OLineman for the Titans, making the exact same comments after the Pats 17-14 win in the playoffs, and this was after the Pats beat them TWICE in the same year (earlier it was 38-30).

And who can forget the immortal Kordell Stewart and "sometimes the better team doesn't win".

You can BET the Pats were thinking the same thing about the Broncos after last year's playoff game, but they didn't say it because they lost twice in the same year to them, and would've looked like morons if they had.

DefenseRules said:
Good post.

I didn't coin that one, someone else here did a while back (in the first 'name the backfield' thread). It makes me laugh though so I still use it.

Hoosh is a Doosh ... I love it!

Doushmandzadeh is more bitter than vinegar!

He's the only player on their team that didn't stink.

Chad Johnson may be well trimmed and dyed blonde, but how does he smell?

(I got a million of these folks.... problem is, they all suck)

The one unit that you can say the Bengals are better is their wideouts. I don't think I'd take another unit on that team. For some reason teams with great wr's become the media darlings, it doesn't matter that the rest of their squad blows.

Brownfan80 said:

He's not alone though. A large segment of Pats fandom who think they could do a better job armchair GM-ing this dynasty needs to have that tatooed on their asses for easy reference. ;)

Return of the Nizz said:
The one unit that you can say the Bengals are better is their wideouts. I don't think I'd take another unit on that team. For some reason teams with great wr's become the media darlings, it doesn't matter that the rest of their squad blows.

Cincy has been called the "next great team" for a million reasons. Although Johnson and Houshmanoverrated are good receivers, they are "me first" guys who don't always lead to championship teams. Palmer is good, but Rudy Johnson doesn't do it for me. Defensively, Cincy looks very abyssmal. I think they'll win their division, but will go quickly in the playoffs again.

Return of the Nizz said:

And while BB admires the "talent" on that unit, they couldn't play in the system because 85 cannot keep his yap shut and Henry can't grasp the significance of keeping his teamate or himself on the wagon or off the police blotter. Imagine what a braindead screw up you have to be in Cincy for Marvin to suspend you...

Hoosh (I'm not even bothering to take the time to spell his name correctly because it isn't worth my time) needs to just shut his mouth. He isn't doing himself or his team any favors should we meet these fools ever again.

SVN said:

Trade player for player with them? Yet, if we ever are going to put together a convict team, we'll give ya a call TJ.

Well I don't know who TJ whosyourmama is but I know who his Daddy was last night.

Last edited:
I thought that the Bengals were talking waaaay too much, in the week leading up to the game. For a team that has won absolutely NOTHING!, they got some really big mouths. WHile watching all the talking heads on ESPN last night eating thier respective dishes of crow, along comes a clip of Carson Palmer's press conference, where he says
"That is a team that we should beat everytime"

Apparently Carson's thought process is a little muddled after being introduced to Mr. Seymour's forearm......

1159796272_8066.jpg

MoLewisrocks said:
He's not alone though. A large segment of Pats fandom who think they could do a better job armchair GM-ing this dynasty needs to have that tatooed on their asses for easy reference. ;)

Why put it in a spot where they will never see it? Put it on their damn forehead! :cool:

DefenseRules said:
Good post.

No no no it's Dine & Dash! :rocker:

Houshmazilly's comments don't bother me. They're a talented team, but the D just flat out stinks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes