PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Quick Note On This Season

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Morning Everyone,

Just a heads up, I don't know how many of you have seen what we've been up to this week, but we've changed the format of what we're running here at the site in terms of the content for the 2013 season. We've come up with a pretty good weekly line-up and they've done pretty well so far, so I just wanted to post a recap of what we've run this week for those who haven't seen it:

Patriots 2013 Opponents, 5 First Impressions of the Billshttp://patspub.patsfans.com/2013/09/03/patriots-2013-opponents-5-first-impressions-of-the-bills/
By: Steve Balestrieri
OVERVIEW: Each Week Steve will provide 5 first impressions of the team, which this week's version was pretty thorough so I think you'll find these are a pretty interesting read.

Week One Television Coverage, Patriots at Bills
By: John Morgan
OVERVIEW: John always does a good job with these, looking at the weekly coverage for the team but the title doesn't do the article justice because he also includes interesting "subplots" for the game as well.

PODCAST: Patriots vs. Bills Preview
By: PatsFans.com Staff
OVERVIEW: The guys will be doing this every week throughout the season just like they did last year, and it's grown quite a bit to the point where they're now getting thousands of downloads. If you haven't heard it, be sure and check it out.

Who Has The "Razor's Edge" - Patriots, Bills
OVERVIEW - This is a great piece from Steve and it's more or less a great preview to each week's contest. If you didn't read the opening edition, make sure you check it out :)

Two Way Street - Patriots at Bills
By: Derek Havens
OVERVIEW: In this piece Derek will look at both how the Patriots could win/lose the game each week, with a quick analysis of both scenarios.

5 Things to Look For - Patriots at Bills
By: Russ Goldman
OVERVIEW - Each Week Russ will have "Five things to Look for", and this week's edition is now available.

Player To Watch Chandler Jones, Patriots - Bills
OVERIVIEW - Each week this season Steve Balestrieri will spotlight a player to watch, which this week focuses on Patriots defensive end Chandler Jones.

Morning Huddle Columns - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
By: Ian Logue
OVERVIEW: These will run every morning and will focus on some individual topics as well as include some news and notes along with daily links to all the local media sources. It's a work in progress, but the response so far has been tremendous so hopefully it will be something everyone enjoys each morning. They're a lot of work to put together, so certainly feel free to drop a comment in the comments section if you do/don't like something or if you have any suggestions.

We also have a pretty substantial line up that will run after Sunday's game, so be sure and check that out as well ;)

Excellent. Well done.

Excellent. Well done.

Thanks. We've got a pretty good group right now and I know a lot of people in here don't necessarily check that part of the site, so hopefully everyone enjoys what we're working on this season.

I think all the changes you have made enhance the site.. particularly like the twitter feeds from the pundits as well as the players...

Only being an online twitterer, saves a lot of effort on my part..

I remember when, you have come a long way...

I have posted many time that Twitter is the spawn of the Devil, but let me agree that your twitter field here is EXCELLENT! A great feature for those of us not on Twitter.

I think all the changes you have made enhance the site.. particularly like the twitter feeds from the pundits as well as the players...

Only being an online twitterer, saves a lot of effort on my part..

I remember when, you have come a long way...

I appreciate that. Every year I learn a little more from other projects, so hopefully it'll keep improving ;)

I also encourage everyone to bookmark the site's news story aggregation page:

New England Patriots News, which includes up to the minute news from all the top local media sources. We feature Patriots news links to the top sources available, including Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston, Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald, Boston Globe Patri

With Reiss's site being a bit harder to follow (without insider) and with the globe and to an extent the Herald steping up a bit, I find it really useful to be in my bookmarks bar.

my only complaint is that it's not very visually appealing- wish you could get a graphics-savvy person to work on that, Ian. Maybe grab a thumbnail pic from each link and have it there?

I also encourage everyone to bookmark the site's news story aggregation page:

New England Patriots News, which includes up to the minute news from all the top local media sources. We feature Patriots news links to the top sources available, including Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston, Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald, Boston Globe Patri

With Reiss's site being a bit harder to follow (without insider) and with the globe and to an extent the Herald steping up a bit, I find it really useful to be in my bookmarks bar.

my only complaint is that it's not very visually appealing- wish you could get a graphics-savvy person to work on that, Ian. Maybe grab a thumbnail pic from each link and have it there?

I was trying to keep that page fairly clean, but I could work on adding that, it's just tough if the individual posts don't contain any images. I've noticed more and more people are starting to use that page, so I'll definitely see what I can do there :)

I was trying to keep that page fairly clean, but I could work on adding that, it's just tough if the individual posts don't contain any images. I've noticed more and more people are starting to use that page, so I'll definitely see what I can do there :)

Clean >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cluttered

More chrome on a really nice site. It's wicked nice now. :D

Seriously, Ian, I can't thank you and the rest of the crew enough for all the effort that goes into this site. I spend more time here than on most of the other football sites I visit combined. The quality of postings, comments, articles, etc is just head and shoulders above most of the other NFL sites.

V/R

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back