PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Harper released [9/17 edit: Re-Signed to Pats PS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
At one time there were teams who would go after our "table scraps" then they realized that these guys who do well in our system may not do as well in their system... so they are a less valuable commodity, which works to our advantage....

At one time there were teams who would go after our "table scraps" then they realized that these guys who do well in our system may not do as well in their system... so they are a less valuable commodity, which works to our advantage....

How many 2015 patriot scraps are on NFL rosters? I think that the number is much smaller than many posters think.

Welcome back Harper. We now our #4/#5 WR depth where it belongs, on the Practice Squad, and we have finally found a returner.

Both Amendola and Mayo will be cut next year because they have out of line contracts for 2016.

Both Amendola and Mayo will be cut next year because they have out of line contracts for 2016.

Apparently you believe that the patriots are incapable of reaching a deal with either of these two players. Mayo and Amendola will not be playing for the patriots in 2016 under their current contracts. It does NOT follow that they will be cut.

In fact, if Mayo is healthy, IMHO, he would be very, very unlikely to be cut.

Mayo should be smart enough to know that there will be very little demand for an aging, oft-injured LB with mediocre coverage skills. If the Pats ask him to restructure, he'll do it.

How many 2015 patriot scraps are on NFL rosters? I think that the number is much smaller than many posters think.

You know, I guess you are right, and off the top of my head it seems like most of them are ex-Patriot DB's. These include Sterling Moore at TB (who previously started at DAL), Arrington at BAL, Darius Butler at CAR (who previously started at BAL), Brandon Merriweather at NY (who had started for WAS), James Ihedigbo for DET (who had previously started for BAL) and Sergio Brown for JAC. There are a number of other Patriot DB cuts that appear to be hanging around but they haven't been signed yet. Did I leave anyone out?

Glad to have WR Chirs Harper back now lets hope one of our Rivals don't raid our PS.

You know, I guess you are right, and off the top of my head it seems like most of them are ex-Patriot DB's. These include Sterling Moore at TB (who previously started at DAL), Arrington at BAL, Darius Butler at CAR (who previously started at BAL), Brandon Merriweather at NY (who had started for WAS), James Ihedigbo for DET (who had previously started for BAL) and Sergio Brown for JAC. There are a number of other Patriot DB cuts that appear to be hanging around but they haven't been signed yet. Did I leave anyone out?

Besides the DBs, there are Jeremy Mincey and Ted Larsen.

I don't think Hoyer, Mallett and Cassel fit into this discussion, however. And to the original point, our receivers tend not to do well elsewhere. Grahambo and Watson were effective on other teams, but I think in even less of a receiving role than they had with the Patriots. I think Welker is the one who was as effective on his next team as on the Patriots, only he didn't last long, whether due to his QB getting him clobbered or just the general short career span of NFL layers.

I don't think Hoyer, Mallett and Cassel fit into this discussion, however. And to the original point, our receivers tend not to do well elsewhere. Grahambo and Watson were effective on other teams, but I think in even less of a receiving role than they had with the Patriots. I think Welker is the one who was as effective on his next team as on the Patriots, only he didn't last long, whether due to his QB getting him clobbered or just the general short career span of NFL layers.

You are right, few former Patriot receivers do well on other teams. Welker's case has been well discussed, and with Graham and Watson they just got more money elsewhere than the Pats would pay.

I guess you could argue that Hoyer and Mallett both were cut (or traded for negligible) because something better came along but both are still playing.

It is just weird to me that there are so many former Patriot defensive backs (Moore, Arrington, Butler, Merriweather, Ihedigbo, and Brown) that were cut for performance (as opposed to getting a giant payday with another team like Revis, Talib, and Samuel) and ended up having productive career with other teams. Any Patsfans football brainiacs that can explain that? :cool:

What about Woodhead?

What about Woodhead?

I was including guys who were bargain-basement prices when leaving the Pats, plus any receivers. So yeah -- pass-catching RBs are right on the border.

You are right, few former Patriot receivers do well on other teams. Welker's case has been well discussed, and with Graham and Watson they just got more money elsewhere than the Pats would pay.

I guess you could argue that Hoyer and Mallett both were cut (or traded for negligible) because something better came along but both are still playing.

It is just weird to me that there are so many former Patriot defensive backs (Moore, Arrington, Butler, Merriweather, Ihedigbo, and Brown) that were cut for performance (as opposed to getting a giant payday with another team like Revis, Talib, and Samuel) and ended up having productive career with other teams. Any Patsfans football brainiacs that can explain that? :cool:
Most of those guys who got cut just went that good, butler sucked in Carolina for a year before turning it around in Indy, merriweather is pretty much the same guy he was when he was here

I was including guys who were bargain-basement prices when leaving the Pats, plus any receivers. So yeah -- pass-catching RBs are right on the border.
Woody signed with SD for what I consider a very, very reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back