PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Beanie Wells a Patriot????

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Wells gets drafted at 25 by the Patriots I'll stop watching this team. Waste of a first rounder.

If Wells gets drafted at 25 by the Patriots I'll stop watching this team. Waste of a first rounder.

I'll be happy to have you off the bandwagon then. I'll continue to watch this team whoever they draft. If they take a RB it's because they deemed it a big enough need/value to do so. I don't know how many times I've seen fans *****ing after a BB draft, but BB/Pioli are rarely wrong, particularly in round 1.

I'll be happy to have you off the bandwagon then. I'll continue to watch this team whoever they draft. If they take a RB it's because they deemed it a big enough need/value to do so. I don't know how many times I've seen fans *****ing after a BB draft, but BB/Pioli are rarely wrong, particularly in round 1.

Because it's your decision on who is a bandwagon fan and who is hardcore? Chill out you flamer. It's just another way of me saying it would be a horrible pick, which it is.

You're the one who announced you'd jump off the bandwagon if the Pats don't make a pick that agrees with you. Whatever. I've seen plenty of people who think they know more about the draft than the Pats and they are rarely right. I seem to remember people trashing the Richard Seymour pick over the receiver, etc., etc. It never ends.

Why the hell not? if he is available at 25, might as well get some immediate bang for the buck.

You're making a big assumption that the Patriots would be getting some immediate bang for the buck. The list of Patriots draft picks who have given them immediate bang for their buck is rather short. Seymour, Light, Mankins, Mayo, Wilson, Kaczur and to a limited extent Maroney. Most of the others took a year before they were truly productive.

You're making a big assumption that the Patriots would be getting some immediate bang for the buck. The list of Patriots draft picks who have given them immediate bang for their buck is rather short. Seymour, Light, Mankins, Mayo, Wilson, Kaczur and to a limited extent Maroney. Most of the others took a year before they were truly productive.

Running back's can make a difference right away, generally RB productivity is tied to touches. Any rookie or veteran who gets 20 touches a game will get way over 1,000 yards. The tough thing is being able to take the punishment and in the Pats system knowing how to block. Wells has not proven he can stay healthy (they said the same thing about AP) and I don't know how much receiving he has done...

In the end I don't see an offensive player being taken in round 1 but if they see a stud RB or WR they may feel that they can work with the youngsters on defense while improving the offense.

Imagine if they had Forte in this offense? Too bad #32 was stolen by Goodell!! A lot of good players were available in the late 1st, early 2nd range.

*cough* Hobbs *cough* Gostkowski *cough*

Why?
The Pats have Maroney, Morris, Faulk, and BJGE under contract for next year? Why not re-sign Jordan and let him try and win a spot?

Re-sign Jordan? The same Jordan that has proven to be nothing short of a stud in all 14 weeks this season? No thanks. I think I'd rather spend that time developing the Lawfirm to go along with Maroney when he comes back and Morris.

IF we were going after a top-ranked RB this year, I'd rather take Moreno. I mean, Kevin Faulk has to get old sometime, doesn't he? Moreno would be a special teamer for a year, until he learns to pass block, and Year two, he could start taking over.

Of course, I'm not a fan of drafting RB at all in the first, but if we were, I think that would be the way I'd go.

I also prefer LeSean McCoy over Wells, although I think they'll all have nice NFL careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back