PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs re-signing Chris Jones to record breaking deal:

This is where you tell us 15 million, or what he earned in 2018, was a great salary for Tom Brady.

Stop trying…
oh look there's a surprise!! Wozzy completely pulling random BS out of thin air and putting those words in someone else's mouth after they've proven him wrong about something!!

I said what I meant and I meant what I said and you aren't smart enough to put words in my mouth: Tom Brady's 3rd highest cap number in his NE career as a percentage of the overall cap was 2018, the season they beat the Rams in the Super Bowl.

Keep trying, though.

oh look there's a surprise!! Wozzy completely pulling random BS out of thin air and putting those words in someone else's mouth after they've proven him wrong about something!!
Brady's salary went down from 19 Million in 2014 to 13 million in 2015, then it sat at 15 million per for the next three seasons. He went to the Bucs and averaged 33 million for the next 3 years. Did Tom take less money as a Patriot?

And before you say it, he didn't take less money because BB was a meanie or Kraft was cheap, he took less because he understood the salary cap, team building and how his contract as the most expensive player on the team effected it.

He was never a slave. At any point he could have stopped playing ball and earned top dollar there or elsewhere.
I said what I meant and I meant what I said and you aren't smart enough to put words in my mouth: Tom Brady's 3rd highest cap number in his NE career as a percentage of the overall cap was 2018, the season they beat the Rams in the Super Bowl.
He was taking close to half what he could have earned on the open market... and you're telling me the percentage of cap he owed at the end of his Pat's run, while they were kicking his cap debt down the road was "among" the highest of his career... not surprising.

In 2010 Tom Brady became the highest paid player in the entire NFL... for a while, and that was the big difference between then and from 2014 on when he was taking half the money and the team was pushing his cap debt into the future. Big shocker, from 2018 on the Patriots pushed Stephon Gilmore's cap debt down the road also. That and a thigh injury is why they had to trade him for peanuts.

You providing a one season snapshot of a player's cap figure with zero context, just tells me you don't understand the cap.
Keep trying, though.
I'd suggest you stop trying at this point.

Last edited:
Brady's salary went down from 19 Million in 2014 to 13 million in 2015, then it sat at 15 million per for the next three seasons. He went to the Bucs and averaged 33 million for the next 3 years. Did Tom take less money as a Patriot?

And before you say it, he didn't take less money because BB was a meanie or Kraft was cheap, he took less because he understood the salary cap, team building and how his contract as the most expensive player on the team effected it.

He was never a slave. At any point he could have stopped playing ball and earned top dollar there or elsewhere.

He was taking close to half what he could have earned on the open market... and you're telling me the percentage of cap he owed at the end of his Pat's run, while they were kicking his cap debt down the road was "among" the highest of his career... not surprising.

In 2010 Tom Brady became the highest paid player in the entire NFL... for a while, and that was the big difference between then and from 2014 on when he was taking half the money and the team was pushing his cap debt into the future. Big shocker, from 2018 on the Patriots pushed Stephon Gilmore's cap debt down the road also. That and a thigh injury is why they had to trade him for peanuts.

You providing a one season snapshot of a player's cap figure with zero context, just tells me you don't understand the cap.

I'd suggest you stop trying at this point.
You're just embarrassing yourself here.

1710131708927.png

Wow, so a stud all world player gets paid record setting top dollar by KC ownership cuz he's a beast and a difference maker. So they're paying #1 money for the greatest players in the NFL, just like the Krafty Bob Pats here in New England. Oh wait...

You're just embarrassing yourself here.
Embarrassing is you telling us Tom taking 15 Million per season, half of what his peers were making, led to his larger cap hit in 2018.

Embarrassing is you telling us Tom taking 15 Million per season, half of what his peers were making, led to his larger cap hit in 2018.
What I said is 100% factual. Tom Brady's 2018 cap hit (the year they won SB53) was the 3rd largest of his NE career when measured as a percentage of the overall salary cap.

That is a fact and all your whining and trying to put words in my mouth does nothing to change it.

Wow, so a stud all world player gets paid record setting top dollar by KC ownership cuz he's a beast and a difference maker. So they're paying #1 money for the greatest players in the NFL, just like the Krafty Bob Pats here in New England. Oh wait...
In all fairness, it has been years since we've actually had a stud worth keeping....

That's a lot of money for a big guy on the wrong side of 30. They're on the hook for the first 3 years averaging out at over $30 Million per.

Tom Brady, Gronk, Antonio Brown (3) and Joe Thuney (2) have 5 SB rings between them since the Pats let them walk over money. There's a reason for that.

In all fairness, it has been years since we've actually had a stud worth keeping....
Umm, my memory fails me a bit. Did we EVER pay a player at a premier position(QB,CB, DE, OT,WR) top of market salary?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back