PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs re-signing Chris Jones to record breaking deal:

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Man.. kinda surprised they were willing to go this far on his contract.

Not surprised. He was a monster in the SB. He did not get anywhere enough credit. He even pressured the QB on the last play that ended the game on offense. The QB had a wide open player if he had the time to see him.

Christian Wilkins is looking at about 20 to 25 mill.
Not paying that.

Christian Wilkins is looking at about 20 to 25 mill.
Not paying that.
The team needs talent, they have to spend, you guys don’t want to pay anybody but complain the team sucks. Guess what, you want a talented team, it’s gonna cost money to assemble one. No they can’t rely solely on the draft.

The team needs talent, they have to spend, you guys don’t want to pay anybody but complain the team sucks. Guess what, you want a talented team, it’s gonna cost money to assemble one. No they can’t rely solely on the draft.
I’d rather use that 25 mill to bring in Ridley and Gabe Davis.

A wr corps of Ridley, Douglas, Davis, Thornton, Rookie, Ju Ju if he’s not traded.

Not surprised. He was a monster in the SB. He did not get anywhere enough credit. He even pressured the QB on the last play that ended the game on offense. The QB had a wide open player if he had the time to see him.
He’s good but that play wasn’t a result of anything special he did. He wasn’t blocked.

OK, who's getting cut to get the cap room?

How do the Chiefs pay the big $ to multiple players? Kudos to them for working the cap like magic.
They lock up their best and most important players for multiple years.

Maybe in the near future, pats will start shelling out the $ to lock up key players and gain some continuity
BB sure as hell didn't do it

How do the Chiefs pay the big $ to multiple players? Kudos to them for working the cap like magic.
They lock up their best and most important players for multiple years.

Maybe in the near future, pats will start shelling out the $ to lock up key players and gain some continuity
BB sure as hell didn't do it
Voided years and they have lost players lol Tyreek Hill perfect example but they've drafted well the past couple of years

Didn’t McDuffie get quick pressure on that corner blitz on the last play?

I mean....he's amazing.

No Chris Jones, no Super Bowls. Mahomes, Kelce, Chris Jones, that's the heart of the team.

No Chris Jones, no Super Bowls. Mahomes, Kelce, Chris Jones, that's the heart of the team.
I'd put Jones over Kelce honestly. He saved 2 touchdowns in the Bills game and 3 more in the Superbowl

OK, who's getting cut to get the cap room?
They can adjust Mahome contract to make his 35 million roster bonus a signing bonus and spread that hit over the contract, creates 27 million in cap room, they can also sign or trade Snead and eliminate or reduce the franchise tag #.

Jones will be 30 this summer, though it doesn't look like he's slowing down, and it is basically a 3-year contract, but he might decline a little bit past 30. He's their 2nd best player overall at this point.
Kelce is 35 and declined a bit last year.
They had to sign Jones and run this group back as long as possible to maximize Mahomes prime.

I figured he'd get paid well but this much surprises me.

Its pays to win the SB, they want to keep up this Jones

Man.. kinda surprised they were willing to go this far on his contract.

The Chiefs had to step up big.

Jones was the loyal soldier who brought it all season long even though he was franchised. No doubt there is some wiggle room in the deal for KC.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back