PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs at Broncos a defensive battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
with Miami and Buffalo surging and the AFC West having to play against each other one of Oak/KC/Den won't make the playoffs

Passer rating? Huh?

Pats are 3rd in points per game allowed, 14th in yards per game allowed. The 2014 Pats team was 13th. The 2001, 2003 and 2004 teams were 6th, 7th and 9th, respectively.

Seattle has allowed 193 fewer yards this season. Not per game, but for the entire season. So that's about 18 yards per game. Depending on where those yards are allowed, it may not be such a big deal. Seattle is only 9th in the NFL in yards allowed.

Arizona leads the NFL in fewest yards allowed and they are 4-6-1. Dallas is 21st in yards allowed and they are 10-1. Like the Pats, the Cowboys allow more yards but fewer points (Pats -17.9, Boys - 18.3).

The Pats don't have an elite defense, but it is at least above average and better than people think. I think fans discount the good and highlight the bad. I would like to see an increase in takeaways, a little tighter cover on third down and more creative DL play on third down.

Don't bring this logic and facts to the board, there is no place for it in this troll, doom-and-gloom, chicken little infested board...

Also Seattle's defense has been worse on 3rd down than Pats defense this year.

with Miami and Buffalo surging and the AFC West having to play against each other one of Oak/KC/Den won't make the playoffs

Not too mention the OAK/KC/DEN also has the NFC SOUTH (CAR/ATL/NO/TB) which has proven to be no walkover.

(minus the garage time td to buff with backups playing 30 seconds left up 24 points)

Such a gift TD by the refs too. Rowe never interfered with him.

Why don't you go look at the opposing QB passer ratings..... you made Fitsy look like a good QB last night. Same with Kaep... and Wilson was all world. How did Russell look yesterday?

Defense is NOT good... I don't know why you have such a problem admitting that. Anybody with any objectivity knows it

Straws clutched, along with handbag. You seem to be getting the vapours just thinking about how awful our defense is. Oh woe is us...

Except that we're 9-2 and by any measure, the Defense IS good. Great? No. Could be better? Sure. But we're above average by pretty much any objective measurement that has any meaning, with the MOST important measurement being 3rd in the league. Oh, and who thinks that's the most important (actually the ONLY important) statistic? That's right, Bill Belichick does.

I look forward to you calling me a "virgin". Ever notice how those who are sensitive about something will generally lash out at others using that issue as an ad hominem? Don't worry though, even the ugly eventually get laid. If you're really having trouble, I'd suggest seeking professional assistance, it's pretty easily available in most large cities.

Yikes guys. Reading through this makes me feel like the Pats aren't 9-2....

The D took a step in the right direction against the NYJ. They still need more work and they need to continue to create turnovers. Let's see how BALT and DEN go.

Such a gift TD by the refs too. Rowe never interfered with him.
I'm not quibbling over the points, just saying that that game truly was a 17 or less by the defense when it mattered.

Bills aren't exactly surging, they beat 2 bad teams after a 3 game losing streak. They will most likely be 6-7 in 2 weeks. Miami also could very well lose their next 2.

I believe that the reason Fitz looked decent yesterday is because until late he had NO fear of pressure. Really any NFL QB will look good if they have plenty of time to throw and aren't getting hit. I have come to believe the biggest issue with this D is that we really struggle to create pressure which would, in turn make the opposing QB rush throws and decisions. I don't think the Chiefs have an exceptional secondary but their ability to create pressure makes them look better than they are. If we could just create pressure more often I think this defense would look very different.
Or it could be that the Patriots schemed to take away the run, and not allow deep balls. If the game plan was to take away the run, take away all but short stuff to Marshall, force them to throw to the TEs who have 4 catches all year (4 targets yesterday), limit the RBs in the passing game (averaging over 6 catches per game, and got 8 targets 4 catches and 30 yards) and let Butler handle Enumwa and see if Fitzpatrick can turn that into more than 17 points, it looks like it worked damn well.
You cannot take away everything, and I am pretty sure that if Forte ran for 80-110 and they were throwing in positive down and distance because of it, even with worse stats, Fitzpick would have put more points on the board.
Amazing after all these years, Patriots fans do not realize that you aren't going to take away everything, so when you make them beat you with something that doesn't beat you what they did well is window dressing.

This slip up is almost as bad as Denver's d last night allowing Captain Check Down to march down the field to tie it and then again to win the game.

I mean not that it wasn't obvious before but just confirms you are just a troll that is a fan of another team. Because a Pats fan would never say "you" when talking about the Pats they'd either say "we" or "Patriots"
But Seattle......

This slip up is almost as bad as Denver's d last night allowing Captain Check Down to march down the field to tie it and then again to win the game.

I mean not that it wasn't obvious before but just confirms you are just a troll that is a fan of another team. Because a Pats fan would never say "you" when talking about the Pats they'd either say "we" or "Patriots"

That's the same geek who once insinuated that Brady's play drops off in big games. You're right, it's been obvious for a while (and the team he cheers for is obviously Denver.)

I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as he had something worthwhile to contribute. But this dumb motherf&cker could literally argue that the Earth is round against someone who would claim that it's flat, and he would still find a way to lose the argument.

Vegas has Denver at 50% odds of making the playoffs.

I'll take a DEN loss, of course, but I think a strong argument could made that a tie would have actually benefited NE more.

I'd be interested in hearing that argument.

I never like it when my potential playoff opponents get ties. Every tie they get is a half game gain on any loss we get, and could take away the conference tie-breaker that we have on everyone.

Plus, this particular Denver loss takes them further away from the playoffs. Who would you rather see get in, KC and Oakland or Denver? All three now have to play one more game with each other and other tough games. Here's hoping they all go Burfect on each other.

We faced the worst QB in the NFL today and he put up nearly 300 yards, 2 Tds and 115 passer rating.
as Belichick always says stats are for losers. Exception=scoreboard.

Pats D is strong this year

I'll take a DEN loss, of course, but I think a strong argument could made that a tie would have actually benefited NE more.
yes, with the Pats already having their 9th win, a tie would be the same as a loss for either team and in this case both teams. You are correct but at least one gets a loss. I think if I had to choose it would be Denver losing, except for the pesky problem of not getting to play KC to get a tie breaker. If they had tied it would have been like they both lost with respect to us.

Teams are closer in skill/talent this year. The parity is apparent there is no dominant team. Take Seattle for instance..

I don't agree about parity. As soon as I saw Goodildo make it a priority I knew we'd never see it.

I see a few teams in the playoffs every year with a few exceptions. New teams occasionally make it, like the Raiduhs might this year, but the playoff teams are mostly the same every year.

Pats, Cincy, Pitt, Balt, Houston, Indy, Denver and KC are the usual AFC playoff teams. This year Oakland will jump in for Cincy and Miami could sneak in to spot #6.

Bills aren't exactly surging, they beat 2 bad teams after a 3 game losing streak. They will most likely be 6-7 in 2 weeks. Miami also could very well lose their next 2.

I already figured it all out.

1 - Oakland (13-3)
2 - NE (1303)
3 - Pitt (9-7)
4 - Houston (9-7)
5 - KC (12-4)
6 - Miami (7-4)

Miami goes to Pittsburgh and loses but Suh takes out Big Ben late in the game. Ben makes a miraculous comeback and plays at Oakland in round 2.

KC goes to Texas and wins.

KC comes to NE and loses in a very close, clean game.

Pitt loses in Oakland and tries to take out the Raiders entire team.

Baltimore Ravens players have a party for themselves and the losers from Indy. Rex Ryan will MC the event.

The Pats Tuck it to the Raiders in the AFCC in Foxboro on a big fumble by Carr (would have been an incomplete pass by the old rule).

The Pats then go on to beat America's team in the SB and start working on #6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back