PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs at Broncos a defensive battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we beat KC and Denver? I'd like to say yes but last night's game has me a little scared of them. How do we matchup?

I don't think anybody is worried that this defense isn't good enough to beat NYJ or Miami or LA....

I think people watch the games and see how the play against really mediocre offenses and worry about what it's gonna look like against a good offense or when a great defense limits our great offense.

For some reason we've got some really angry homers who hear that and get really upset and throw tantrums

Passer rating? Huh?

Pats are 3rd in points per game allowed, 14th in yards per game allowed. The 2014 Pats team was 13th. The 2001, 2003 and 2004 teams were 6th, 7th and 9th, respectively.

Seattle has allowed 193 fewer yards this season. Not per game, but for the entire season. So that's about 18 yards per game. Depending on where those yards are allowed, it may not be such a big deal. Seattle is only 9th in the NFL in yards allowed.

Arizona leads the NFL in fewest yards allowed and they are 4-6-1. Dallas is 21st in yards allowed and they are 10-1. Like the Pats, the Cowboys allow more yards but fewer points (Pats -17.9, Boys - 18.3).

The Pats don't have an elite defense, but it is at least above average and better than people think. I think fans discount the good and highlight the bad. I would like to see an increase in takeaways, a little tighter cover on third down and more creative DL play on third down.

Hilarious that people don't understand that the level of competition actually matters when comparing defenses.....

Points allowed against who? Osweiller, Fitzpatrick. Landry Jones. Colon Kaepernick. Charlie Whitehurst?

SOOO IMPRESSIVE

Can we beat KC and Denver? I'd like to say yes but last night's game has me a little scared of them. How do we matchup?

i think we can beat denver, but it's a bit harder considering denver will be battling for a wild card spot by the time they play us and we are playing them on a short week.

Hilarious that people don't understand that the level of competition actually matters when comparing defenses.....

Points allowed against who? Osweiller, Fitzpatrick. Landry Jones. Colon Kaepernick. Charlie Whitehurst?

SOOO IMPRESSIVE

it's all relative. do you think seattle gets to play top teams every week?

30-27 was a defensive battle?

(Didn't watch the game. Maybe all the points were safeties and pick sixes)

SOOO IMPRESSIVE
Look at who Seattle played this year:
Thanehill
Keenum (Loss!!)
Kapernik
Fitzpatrick
Palmer
Taylor
Wentz
Winston (Loss)
The only really good qbs were Brady, Brees and Ryan
And that should be more impressive? Im not saying the patriots defense is good this year, but your argument is invalid.

Chiefs seem like they should be more explosive on Offense when Alex Smith is let loose he looks like a NFL QB. But that conservative way they use him is boring good thing that they have a Defense who can make Big stops at times. I hope they get Maclin back.

Last edited:

SOOO IMPRESSIVE

Hilarious when one person thinks that a football offense consists of the guy who takes the snap and his passer rating. Most Pats posters know more than that.

Why don't you go look at the opposing QB passer ratings..... you made Fitsy look like a good QB last night. Same with Kaep... and Wilson was all world. How did Russell look yesterday?

Defense is NOT good... I don't know why you have such a problem admitting that. Anybody with any objectivity knows it
I don't care about passer rating. I care about winning games. Stats do not win games points do.
Again you show you just have no clue.

30-27 was a defensive battle?

(Didn't watch the game. Maybe all the points were safeties and pick sixes)

sieman was decked in the end zone for a safety, then on the ensuing free kick KC scores a TD.

I don't care about passer rating. I care about winning games. Stats do not win games points do.
Again you show you just have no clue.

Why are we winning?

Because of the defense? Lol

Pretty sure we were winning in the mid 2000s with a WR playing DB too... however when the games mattered, we couldn't seem to get it done... was that the fault of the offense?

I'll give you a hint... NO

You must get sooo angry reading all the stuff from the local writers and listening to local talk radio because all they talk about is how the defense isn't very good...

But of course everybody who's objective is wrong, and a bunch of homers on a message board have it right, lol

sieman was decked in the end zone for a safety, then on the ensuing free kick KC scores a TD.

That whole sequence had me laughing so hard I almost peed.

Why are we winning?

Because of the defense? Lol
The defense has allowed 17 points or less (minus the garage time td to buff with backups playing 30 seconds left up 24 points) in 7 of the last 8 games.
Defenses that allow 17 or less points are winning games for you.

Pretty sure we were winning in the mid 2000s with a WR playing DB too... however when the games mattered, we couldn't seem to get it done... was that the fault of the offense?
Umm we won the SB the year Troy brown played db.
Are you seriously telling me the new England patriots haven't gotten it done when games mattered? Really?

[quoteI'll give you a hint... NO[/quote]
You just know nothing. .

You must get sooo angry reading all the stuff from the local writers and listening to local talk radio because all they talk about is how the defense isn't very good...
I couldn't care less.
I care about results and the results have been very good.

But of course everybody who's objective is wrong, and a bunch of homers on a message board have it right, lol
You are the least objective poster I have seen in a while.
Go ahead though keep crying about winning. I'm sure if the patriots lose you will be happy and gloat.

Credit to the Broncos for a lot of good things on defense, but the end of this game was about as ugly as it gets. The Chiefs needed a touchdown, two point conversion, field goal, and field goal, and the Broncos never stopped them from doing that.

You honestly have no problem with a defense that simply can't get any pressure on the QB?

Do you watch NFL games or....? That's a pretty important thing. Ask Brady. It's kept him from winning a lot of big playoff games including two SBs.

The Chefs don't need Maclin they have Hill he singlehandedly beat the Donks!

I believe that the reason Fitz looked decent yesterday is because until late he had NO fear of pressure. Really any NFL QB will look good if they have plenty of time to throw and aren't getting hit. I have come to believe the biggest issue with this D is that we really struggle to create pressure which would, in turn make the opposing QB rush throws and decisions. I don't think the Chiefs have an exceptional secondary but their ability to create pressure makes them look better than they are. If we could just create pressure more often I think this defense would look very different.

Why don't you go look at the opposing QB passer ratings..... you made Fitsy look like a good QB last night. Same with Kaep... and Wilson was all world. How did Russell look yesterday?

Defense is NOT good... I don't know why you have such a problem admitting that. Anybody with any objectivity knows it

This slip up is almost as bad as Denver's d last night allowing Captain Check Down to march down the field to tie it and then again to win the game.

I mean not that it wasn't obvious before but just confirms you are just a troll that is a fan of another team. Because a Pats fan would never say "you" when talking about the Pats they'd either say "we" or "Patriots"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back