Reaction score
Chester Taylor a Bear.. Per Rotoworld..

Last edited:
Re: Taylor a Bear

Good pickup for Chitown.

Damn it

I really wanted him

Maybe the Pats will sign somebody before they have to resort to picking from the bottom of the barrel

Bears agreed to terms with RB Chester Taylor on a four-year, $12.5 million contract, including $7 million guaranteed.

Matt Forte becomes a committee back at best, and it's believed he may even lose his starting job after a sophomore slide. Mar. 5 - 2:02 pm et

Bears going for an SB

you know it's a carzy year when a 30 year old 3rd down back gets 7 million up front. and all most 4 million a year.

Meh.

Wow. That will be one nasty backfield with Forte and Taylor in it. I would have liked to see the Pats make a play for him but oh well. I've been told in another thread that I'm nothing but a worry wart and that there is a lot of free agency to go. :rolleyes:

Wow. That will be one nasty backfield with Forte and Taylor in it. I would have liked to see the Pats make a play for him but oh well. I've been told in another thread that I'm nothing but a worry wart and that there is a lot of free agency to go. :rolleyes:

LOL.

A "nasty" backfield. Really?

This ain't the Bears angling for a Super Bowl. This is Lovie Smith angling to keep his job.

Last edited:

Bears agreed to terms with RB Chester Taylor on a four-year, $12.5 million contract, including $7 million guaranteed.

Matt Forte becomes a committee back at best, and it's believed he may even lose his starting job after a sophomore slide. Mar. 5 - 2:02 pm et

$7m guaranteed for a soon to be 31 year old RB who puts the ball on the ground.

Wow.

LOL.

A "nasty" backfield. Really?

This ain't the Bears angling for a Super Bowl. This is Lovie Smith angling to keep his job.

Yes. Forte is a very promising RB and Taylor is pretty good as well. That's going to be a good backfield. Not sure what is so hard to understand about that. Surely you wouldn't put the Patriots RBBC backfield up against them, would you?

Damn it

I really wanted him

Maybe the Pats will sign somebody before they have to resort to picking from the bottom of the barrel

rather reink Faulk

Yes. Forte is a very promising RB and Taylor is pretty good as well. That's going to be a good backfield. Not sure what is so hard to understand about that. Surely you wouldn't put the Patriots RBBC backfield up against them, would you?

I guess if you think Matt Forte is a good RB, it's no surprise you'd be of this opinion.

It's a decent backfield, sure. Nothing more, nothing less. If Taylor and Morris could stay healthy, you'd bet I'd prefer the Pats' RBBC.

I agree that Matt Forte is talented RB, but this is a stupid signing. What the Bears clearly need is people to open holes for the guys they already have.

Last edited:

Tough call. Forte is good. Solid in 08. Decent last year.

Pats have more quality depth but the top 2 for Da Berz may be a tad better than the top 2 for the Pats..

Mike Martz can and will find a way to ruin it, good luck Chester!

If the Bears don't upgrade the OL it doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST