PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chatham's breakdown of NE/GB game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I am referring to strictly the game(s) where he replaced Chandler, and I thought he fared well against the run. Perhaps I am mistaken and it's just the one game.

Yes - it's certainly a small sample size and he's mostly been used as you mention, but I was surprised the game he stepped in and held his own in the run game out there.

UPDATE: So I've gone through Reiss snap counts, and Easley has only played DE twice - against Cincy & Chicago. And vs. Cincy he got banged up for the 2nd half.

I don't think he will play outside except out of need due to injuries.
What I would like to see is more of him on early downs, inside in the 4 man front.

I don't think he will play outside except out of need due to injuries.
What I would like to see is more of him on early downs, inside in the 4 man front.

He could be a big part of the solution to the mobile qb problem. Play contain on the edges, pressure inside.. there is still time until the playoffs but I would be almost shocked if he would have the equivalent of Jamie Collins' game against Indy last year..

I think he will be ready for next year not earlier..

There is no defensive call designed to allow a guy to run 45 yards across the field (or whatever it was) for a TD. Just a really poor play by McCourty at a big time in a big game.

Bingo.

That end-of-half TD happened for one reason and one reason only: an inexcusably horrible angle
taken by our elite FS. I've watched that play multiple times, and still have no idea whatsoever where
McCourty was running originally.

Last edited:
Bingo.

That end-of-half TD happened for one reason and one reason only: an inexcusably horrible angle
taken by our elite FS. I've watched that play multiple times, and still have no idea whatsoever where
he was running originally.

It happened for multiple reasons. Yes, McCourty screwed up, but the play call was a lousy one, and Revis also did a terrible job.

Holy hell. Don't read the comments at the bottom if you are interested in retaining all your brain cells. :confused:
Jeez, no kidding. Reading those comments provided me with the strongest evidence to date in support of state-mandated sterilization.

There was 1 TO left for GB - they used they're 2nd TO just before the play. On the play before, on 2nd and 2 Rodgers threw an incomplete short pass to Nelson on the right with Revis playing man on him. They obviously decided to attack Revis playing to defend the 1st down, and did it well.

I'm not trying to second-guess too much. It was Revis, after all. But I'd sure like to be able to draw it up differently in retrospect.

I haven't re-watched the sequence there before the half after the timeout by GB, but I'm assuming that if they tried to go to Nelson/attack Revis on the prior play, this may have been a case of "setting the table" for the next play a bit. I know that Rodgers and McCarthy have referred to this practice in the past, as it's a fairly common approach to take.

If this was the case, great job by all involved, as they got one of the best in the business to take a wrong step/angle and bite a bit for a huge play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents