PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Charges against Patriots CB Jack Jones were dropped

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
No, I think that people who travel all the time probably have several carry-on bags. When I was touring I had three.
Maybe things were different in the 80's, but I sure would like to know what airlines in this day and age allow 3 carry ons.
A defense lawyer cooks up possible alternate reasons and juries buy them. Heck, i sat on a jury for a rapist who broke into and attacked a retired kindergarten teacher, then cooked up a "we were having an affair" story that had almost half the people on the jury speculating about the "wild lives of teachers."
He went to jail when several of us proved to the doubting jurors that he had lied about other things in his testimony.
Yes I understand how the court system works.

The sky was falling on this board when he was arrested. All one needed to do was a simple google search to find out that thousands of these situations occur in the United States, yearly. 99% of the time the charges are dropped and a fine is issued. There are clear laws written and loads of President to understand this.
Um, as has been pointed out, what he did was legal in "47 other states" so I don't care what happened in California 17 years ago (which was one of the articles posted in a previous post).

I would be very curious to see examples this law being applied the same way in the Commonwealth. I am not saying it hasn't happened, I am just saying none have yet been posted in this thread despite the claims that there are "thousands" of precedents.

How do you legally bring a high capacity magazine into Mass and make it legal?

The gun in the luggage isn't a big deal.

The illegal magazine is.

i dont know the MA law, but a lot of legislation as it relates to magazine capacity, etc usually applies to the manufacturing of it. Like back in the 90s when they passed the "assault weapons ban", it went after magazine capacity higher than 10 rounds but my father owned lots of 30 round magazines and those were all grandfathered.. it wasnt illegal for him to own them, or even buy them at like a gun show etc, but it was illegal to manufacture them

there was a major supreme court ruling recently that some are arguing could make all gun legislation unconstitutional, so i certainly wouldnt use Taxachussetts as a measuring stick for anything..

anyways, im really sorry that this young man isn't going to prison... i know how upset that must make you feel

Show me 1 other case where the guy had charges dropped for possessing an illegal magazine in Mass?
He got one year probation for something. If it was for violating a Mass law not replicated in most states that seems reasonable.

Show me 1 other case where the guy had charges dropped for possessing an illegal magazine in Mass?

You have thousands to choose from.

I follow the laws. Why shouldnt Jones?
And besides, it didn't end up hurting the Pats which is what I want more than ANYTHING!! (stamps his feet)

Maybe things were different in the 80's, but I sure would like to know what airlines in this day and age allow 3 carry ons.

First class?

Well ... perhaps a good thing ... no mulligans now. I hope it matures him, they are young and come from different backgrounds.

Well ... perhaps a good thing ... no mulligans now. I hope it matures him, they are young and come from different backgrounds.
Besides being happy as a homer, I'm also thankful that this young man's life was not ruined by a victimless crime.

i dont know the MA law, but a lot of legislation as it relates to magazine capacity, etc usually applies to the manufacturing of it. Like back in the 90s when they passed the "assault weapons ban", it went after magazine capacity higher than 10 rounds but my father owned lots of 30 round magazines and those were all grandfathered.. it wasnt illegal for him to own them, or even buy them at like a gun show etc, but it was illegal to manufacture them

there was a major supreme court ruling recently that some are arguing could make all gun legislation unconstitutional, so i certainly wouldnt use Taxachussetts as a measuring stick for anything..

anyways, im really sorry that this young man isn't going to prison... i know how upset that must make you feel
All hat and no cowboy. Not even a horse.

Ok, out of the thousands of cases identical to this one you cant find any.

I already knew that though.

Besides being happy as a homer, I'm also thankful that this young man's life was not ruined by a victimless crime.
If he was a Raven or a Jet you'd be singing a different tune.

If he was a Raven or a Jet you'd be singing a different tune.
Caught me -- I relish the suffering of players on other teams. Can I join the Dark Tetrad now?

im not doing your research for you, go google it if its so important to you

90's, but no, I had to travel, then get home for a day and right back out on the road. So I had 3 travel bags prepared - 2 small and one larger. For the main part, I'd use the big one, typically,a s that would be a week out. For the follow-up quick hits (one or two cities), I'd use a small one, come home, then grab the other one when I went back out, so I didn't have to worry about packing, laundry, re-packing, etc.
Then quit being a ****.

I believe the late Bill Russell had a similar situation occur at the Tacoma, Washington, airport.

Didn't take 30 seconds.

I really hope all gun legislation is made unconstitutional. Because it is. Enough of the ******** fear tactics peddled by a select group of fossils afraid to give up their power. We should even be able to own artillery if we want it, and can afford it. See the Letter of Marque.

Didn't take 30 seconds.

But that wasn’t the ask.

I find it disgusting that many of our trolls here are so full of hate for Belichick that they would advocate for the ruination of this young man's life for a victimless crime just in the hope it would damage the team they despise.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back