PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chargers focused on beating Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, by your logic, the Pats should be worried about the Phins and Bills. Both are building up talent and are on the upswing, right? The Broncs and Faiders have issues beyond plugging in a few draft picks. Champ Bailey had a terrible year and is on the quick decline. If Lynch is threatened by McCree, the've got real problems. McCree is horrible..we should know. As for the Raiders, their line will never give Russell time. Their front line has enough holes to satisfy Ron Jeremy. However, I think you're missing the point of the article. Our thorn of late has been the Pats. So, Smith works to that objective. Suffice it to say, if we can beat you guys, we should be able to handle the rest. Our division has hardly been threatening the last few years. You guys should know all about that.

If Norv Turner thinks like you (which is quite possible) and assumes you've got the division wrapped up before training camp even starts, the Chargers will go nowhere this year. All it takes is one or two division losses to put a team behind the 8-ball in playoff seedings. For your boys, that could mean the difference between home field and a loooong trip to the frozen Northeast (like last year).

Edit: Come to think of it, home field doesn't mean all that much in Qualcomm anyway, where fans stay home if it rains. If clouds look threatening Oct. 12 the Pats can look forward to playing at a neutral site.

Last edited:
I am not so sure they are easier to beat without LT. Perhaps they have been too LT/Gates centric. Naturally, this all hinges on Rivers development.

In the end, only the QB can be "the man". Who ever won a SB riding on a running back or wide receiver's back?

If Norv Turner thinks like you (which is quite possible) and assumes you've got the division wrapped up before training camp even starts, the Chargers will go nowhere this year. All it takes is one or two division losses to put a team behind the 8-ball in playoff seedings. For your boys, that could mean the difference between home field and a loooong trip to the frozen Northeast (like last year).

Edit: Come to think of it, home field doesn't mean all that much in Qualcomm anyway, where fans stay home if it rains. If clouds look threatening Oct. 12 the Pats can look forward to playing at a neutral site.

I'll take a neutral site, though I would love to see an atmosphere like the one at 'lphins Stadium in October. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back