PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chargers focused on beating Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least AJ Smith is learning from hte best:

"For Christmas, I got 'The Blueprint: How the New England Patriots Beat the System to Create the Last Great NFL Super Power' by Christopher Price,'' Smith said.

I would be fine with Rivers as the second coming of Marino. One Superbowl appearance (a loss) in a 17 year career. A pile of choke playoff efforts.
That said, the Charges are a good football team. I don't see alot of slippage this year from LT. He's only 29 and has a couple of very good years still left in the tank.
The issues with this team are,

1) Norv Turner as a head coach. This ensures that the Chargers will pretty much always be outcoached in tight playoff games. This equels losses when there should be wins
2) Lt's head. His lack of discipline is really quite shocking. When a player consistantly looks around for others to blame and cannot face or deal with his own teams failings, it is a huge sign of immaturity. Can you imagine his antics playing out on a veteran Patriots team.
3) Rivers showed me something during the playoff loss last January. But, he still has not fully reigned in his tempor. Until he does, he is a playoff time bomb waiting to go off.
3) Perhaps most importantly, there is no high charachter, quality veteran leadership on this team. None. And this is a real kiss of death for playoff success. Has anyone on the Chargers stood up to LT's *****ing and complaining or stepped into to shut down the squabbling between LT and Rivers? These two are always saying or doing something stupid and there is no accountability. When your two biggest stars are also your two most undisciplined members of the team and no one can tell them to shut up and just do their jobs, it equates to more playoff losses, when these kinds of things are really magnified.
Seeing LT on the sidelines last year was hilarious. I can't stand the guy and it showed me that he has no heart. I don't know how badly he was injured and I don't know what kind of off season surgery he had as a result. What I do know is that he was not there for his team while Rivers was. LT was standing the whole time and the look of disgust on a couple of his teammates faces when they realized that he was not going back in, was wonderful.
I have no respect for LT.
I can't wait for football to start up as I'm getting pissed off just thinking about LT.

This is just a classic post. You "dont know how badly he was injured and dont know what kind of off season surgery he had as a result," yet you say he has no heart! That's beautiful. It's one thing to be ignorant, but to just lay it out there is purely idiotic as well. Absolutely no understanding or information on the subject, yet you badmouth one of the best players in the game. You should be embarrased.

I love that they think Cromartie will be able to go man coverage on Moss...I hope to god that they do that....

Didnt most of the teams that tried man coverage on Moss last year lose by an average of 30? Ive never liked Cromartie, even in college he seemed like a guy who needs a good ass-kicking so I hope Moss spanks him up and down the field.

god I miss football.........

Im calling it in right now....Chargers 9-7. Norv Turner cant rely on Marty Schottenheimer's players forever

Oh my gosh goody gumdrops! You just made my day by reminding me they have Norv Turner as a head coach. As Dan Aykroyd said in Ghost Busters, "Sssh, 'you smell something?"

I love that they think Cromartie will be able to go man coverage on Moss...I hope to god that they do that....

Didnt most of the teams that tried man coverage on Moss last year lose by an average of 30? Ive never liked Cromartie, even in college he seemed like a guy who needs a good ass-kicking so I hope Moss spanks him up and down the field.

god I miss football.........

Im calling it in right now....Chargers 9-7. Norv Turner cant rely on Marty Schottenheimer's players forever

Not sure why you wouldnt like Cro, but to each his own. I think he matches up pretty well with Moss. How it works out on the field, we'll have to wait and see. However, comparing physical size and speed, I dont think their is another defender out there that matches up better. Cro actually reminds me of a younger....much younger Moss. Great speed and hands to match.

Not sure why you wouldnt like Cro, but to each his own. I think he matches up pretty well with Moss. How it works out on the field, we'll have to wait and see. However, comparing physical size and speed, I dont think their is another defender out there that matches up better. Cro actually reminds me of a younger....much younger Moss. Great speed and hands to match.

hate to agree with a charger fan but you're right, Cro might be the only CB in the league that could battle Moss one on one and do at least decent. Cro is a freak, i wish he was on the Pats.

Randy Moss, Chad Jackson, Wes Welker vs. Antonio Cromartie, Quentin Jammer, Antoin Cason

Its close but id have to give a slight edge to the Pats.

Moss = Cromartie
Jackson > Jammer
Welker >> Cason

I have but two things to say.
Norv Turner and LaTisha Tomlinson.

Charges dude,

I fully understood how rediculous and silly the statement was. As I was writing it I was laughing at myself for such a shallow outlook. I understand this completely. What I was getting at was that I just don't like the guy.
Skill wise, he's the best back in the league. There is no debating his talent! Its his attitude and inability accept responsibility that I really don't like. These are two things that are of great importance to the Pats and it really stands out as a missing piece in your teams chemistry, or lack thereof.
I noticed that you completely ignored the most relevent part of my post, which was the lack of verteran leadership and team accountability. I'd very much like to hear you thoughts on this.
Respects,

Rich

We have beaten the Chargers in what the past 2 years strait? Rivalry to me is when the two teams are close to each other..Chargers just cant beat the pats

"past performance is no guarantee of future outcomes"

"don't count your chickens before they hatch"

"any given Sunday"

enough trite-isms. Suffice to say. They are also good - you have to respect them - it will be a challenge that hopefully both teams will be healthy and the Pats will prevail. But don't take them lightly or ...... 2006 AFC-CG & SB 42 redux.

Wow, Smith's not fooling around- all he needs now is a coach:singing:

Oh my goodness I just can't wait for this season to start:D

As a Pats fan, I'm rather flattered by the the Chargers obsession.

But don't they have their own division to think about?:confused:

As long as they don't start Billy Volek and Darren Sproles against us, I think we'll be OK, right Peyton ?????

Apparently, teams are concerned about one team and one team only...the Patriots.

Which makes sense seeing how they are going to have to either beat the Patriots to GET to the Super Bowl or meet them in Tampa.

Apparently, teams are concerned about one team and one team only...the Patriots.

Which makes sense seeing how they are going to have to either beat the Patriots to GET to the Super Bowl or meet them in Tampa.

"It's good to be the King."
Mel Brooks History of the World

"It's good to be the King."
Mel Brooks History of the World

:ditto::agree::yeahthat:

I agree....it seems that the main focus of the other 31 teams in the NFL is to beat the Patriots to and make sure they are not in the SB.

Its kinda refreshing to think that our team is that good.

:singing:

Pretty good article from Don Banks:
LINK

After the AFC Championship, San Diego is a growing rivalry.

I think the road to the Super Bowl is through San Diego or New England this year for AFC teams.

Charger fan here...have you seen the rest of our division? It's almost as bad as the rest of your division! Beyond the "on any given Sunday" rhetoric, do any of your division rivals scare you?

Charges dude,

I fully understood how rediculous and silly the statement was. As I was writing it I was laughing at myself for such a shallow outlook. I understand this completely. What I was getting at was that I just don't like the guy.
Skill wise, he's the best back in the league. There is no debating his talent! Its his attitude and inability accept responsibility that I really don't like. These are two things that are of great importance to the Pats and it really stands out as a missing piece in your teams chemistry, or lack thereof.
I noticed that you completely ignored the most relevent part of my post, which was the lack of verteran leadership and team accountability. I'd very much like to hear you thoughts on this.
Respects,

Rich

You're right in that when we started out last season 1 - 3 and later 5 - 5, we were without a vocal veteran leader. Ideally, you'd want your QB to be that leader but Rivers was still only a 2nd year starter and he was definitely a part of the slow start.

Once he finished the regular season strong, led us to a couple of playoff victories, and gave a valiant effort against you in the AFCCG with a completely torn ACL, he should be able to handle that responsibility. The way the rest of our team talks about Rivers now, you can tell they have big time respect for him.

As for lack of team accountability, I don't think that's an accurate assessment. Neither LT nor anyone else is a finger pointer. It was obvious that LT was pretty PO'ed at times last year as we struggled to get any kind of rhythm on offense. He was also close to both Brees & Schottenheimer so their departures stung him some. If anything, we may be guilty of whining too much after our last two playoff losses to you (you weren't exactly gracious losers in 05 either), but our team doesn't point fingers at their teammates or coaches.

San Diego should focus on their own. If they obsess with New England too much, someone like the Colts will actually knock them out. If AJ Smith were really smart, he'd take some of BB's best advice an concentrate on the little things and what you do best and the rest will take care of itself(or something to that affect).:D

Concentrating on the little things is something the HC should worry about.

The beauty of obsessing over you is that strengthening our secondary should pay dividends against the Colts too. If anything, we should be more cognizant of a team like the Jags or Titans (or you with a 3 TE formation in the 4th quarter) being able to steam roll us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back