PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Channing Crowder...Good fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Channing Crowder ... Good fit?

My guess is they'll try for a win-win and allow his agent NOW to talk to other teams. It's in everyone's interest to get this done as quickly and as amicably as possible. Of course it may not end up working out that way but it's in their interests to try to make it so.

Man I cant wait to see how everything unfolds, the Cassel deal and the draft are making out to be one hell of an exciting offseason if you ask me...

Yeah, he and Matt Light can bunk together...

That is part of the problem, their hands are tied... they can't go hard after free agents until Cassell is traded, he likely won't be traded until just before the draft. By then all the top FAs are gone.

although the pats can trade Cassel to a team in exchange for one of their players who is already under contract.

No thanks. He's a decent linebacker but he has the inexplicable ability to take games off. Some games he's awesome, other's he is a ghost. I'd rather wait until the draft to see if we can land Brandon Spikes.
A voice of reason crying out in the wilderness.

No thanks. He's a decent linebacker but he has the inexplicable ability to take games off. Some games he's awesome, other's he is a ghost. I'd rather wait until the draft to see if we can land Brandon Spikes.

crowder is perfect for the pats.

I tend to think so too and I've always been impressed when watching him play (although I've only seen him in a handful of games this year), but I appreciate the other points of view!

We'll see!

His instincts are shakey and he plays out of control, other than that he's a natural.
confused-smiley-17674.gif

I wouldn't sign Crowder for the same reason I wouldn't sign Kyle Turley, or someone else of that ilk... a wild personality that I don't think would mesh very well into a BB defense...

I'll spare everyone the "Matt Light is to Ken Lucas as Channing Crowder is to Steve Smith" joke (or would that be the other way around??)

Exactly, undisciplined punk ass stupid play is something we don't need!

Frankly, My dear, I don't give a ...

I'd rather have Karlos Dansby. But we will draft the position. This is an unusual year with several starters there. Most unusual.

I'm not sure, he's talented but sometimes acts like a spaz.

I puked a little bit in my mouth when I read this thread title.

No offence to the author intended.

Good player, but I hate those punk types. Maybe if he was our punk, I'd be O.K. with it. :)

Were I Channing the Punk Crowder and I got invited to Matt Light's Celebrity Shootout, I'd pass.

Last edited:
They definitely spent a lot of time with him pre-draft, likely due to his off-field problems. As far as I'm aware he hasn't been in any trouble at all since entering the NFL, has he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes