PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chandler Jones vs Broncos and Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like he's a better pass rusher from OLB where he gets a couple of steps to get up to speed, there's a couple in the Steelers game where he just runs right by the LT. Looks like he could use his hands a lot more than he does too, needs to get more violent with them.

He's at his best when he's rushing the outside. Amazing how his back can bend when he does it. I'd like to see him develop another move though.

Also, he literally got triple teamed at 1:00 against Denver. LT and TE + the rb off play action. Crazy.

Nice videos, thanks for sharing. :)

That broncos left tackle pretty much handled Jones for all but a few plays one on one. I can't believe they tripled teamed him with a tight end, running back and tackle lol!

I wonder how much of his play in the playoff game was down to fatigue of the season. He seems to have a decent bullrush.

Overall it's pretty frustrating to watch those video. You wanna see pressure, pressure, pressure. But you just don't get it all the time.

Nice videos, thanks for sharing. :)

That broncos left tackle pretty much handled Jones for all but a few plays one on one. I can't believe they tripled teamed him with a tight end, running back and tackle lol!

I wonder how much of his play in the playoff game was down to fatigue of the season. He seems to have a decent bullrush.

Overall it's pretty frustrating to watch those video. You wanna see pressure, pressure, pressure. But you just don't get it all the time.

I think he was more effective earlier in the game. They really need to find a guy who can rotate with him and Ninko.

How many guys get pressure all the time? If they did there would be more than 9 guys to have 20+ sacks in a single season.

Watching the Bronco's snaps just had me wondering how different it could have been with VW and Tommy Kelly next to Jones.

There were also a ton of plays where had we covered even half a second longer Jones would have been able to get hands on Peyton and at least disrupt the pass. Seeing how close he got and who he was playing next to probably influenced a lot of this off season.

If Revis and Browner can delay their guys route for just half a second longer, McCourty and Ryan(or Harmon) can make Peyton think for an extra split second, Jones will be at least pulling at Manning's jersey.

Against Peyton he also could have held off on the rush just a little more and put his hands up sooner. Saw a small handful he could have batted, or attempted to bat, when he had no chance of making an impact pass rushing. It's pretty crazy that he got as close as he did on as many plays as he did against someone with such a historically quick release like Peyton.

Another thing that surprised me was his bull rush, while rare, was more effective than I thought. He straight up moved his guy almost into Peyton a few times.

I know theres still a lot he can improve on, but I think even where we drafted this kid we may have ourselves a steal when this draft is graded a few years down the road.

Watching the Bronco's snaps just had me wondering how different it could have been with VW and Tommy Kelly next to Jones.

There were also a ton of plays where had we covered even half a second longer Jones would have been able to get hands on Peyton and at least disrupt the pass. Seeing how close he got and who he was playing next to probably influenced a lot of this off season.

If Revis and Browner can delay their guys route for just half a second longer, McCourty and Ryan(or Harmon) can make Peyton think for an extra split second, Jones will be at least pulling at Manning's jersey.

Against Peyton he also could have held off on the rush just a little more and put his hands up sooner. Saw a small handful he could have batted, or attempted to bat, when he had no chance of making an impact pass rushing. It's pretty crazy that he got as close as he did on as many plays as he did against someone with such a historically quick release like Peyton.

Another thing that surprised me was his bull rush, while rare, was more effective than I thought. He straight up moved his guy almost into Peyton a few times.

I know theres still a lot he can improve on, but I think even where we drafted this kid we may have ourselves a steal when this draft is graded a few years down the road.

Chris Jones offered nothing to the Pass Rush down the stretch. I thought Siliga was a beast, but he is more of a run stuffer.

Good stuff as always All22. Chris Clark made a really nice tackle at 2:24. Of course Jones doesn't carry the ball. I don't know if he got flagged on that play but it was blatant. He did handle him well for most of the game though, although he had alot of help.

Chris Jones offered nothing to the Pass Rush down the stretch. I thought Siliga was a beast, but he is more of a run stuffer.

Yeah, it's impossible to know if Kelly would have been better so late in the year, but Kelly and (Chris) Jones rotating in and out of the interior pass rushing role should have been better than Jones and Vellano, for sure.

Just would have loved to see someone help Chandler.

Good stuff as always All22. Chris Clark made a really nice tackle at 2:24. Of course Jones doesn't carry the ball. I don't know if he got flagged on that play but it was blatant. He did handle him well for most of the game though, although he had alot of help.

Yeah. I think he got flagged for that. That is tough to miss.

It looked like Chandler struggled a little bit against Beachum, but put Mike Adams on skates.

Does anyone think Vellano even makes the roster? Had a decent start but, he didn't really do much second half of the season. Chris Jones had a few decent plays in the last few games of the season. I'd like to see him stick around as a rotational guy. This still gets me
sack.gif

Boy, he gets double and triple teamed a lot. Not surprising considering he's the only guy you have to worry about.

Does anyone think Vellano even makes the roster? Had a decent start but, he didn't really do much second half of the season. Chris Jones had a few decent plays in the last few games of the season. I'd like to see him stick around as a rotational guy. This still gets me

I think Siliga is the only lock of the new guys. I think Armstead and Jones have a good shot of making the team. Unless Vellano impresses at TC he is likely the odd man out.

I think Siliga is the only lock of the new guys. I think Armstead and Jones have a good shot of making the team. Unless Vellano impresses at TC he is likely the odd man out.

Great stuff All22. I think you graciously offered to do any highlight film. How about a 2012 video focusing on Wilfork and Chandler Jones?

Thanks in advance.

Great stuff All22. I think you graciously offered to do any highlight film. How about a 2012 video focusing on Wilfork and Chandler Jones?

Thanks in advance.

I might do that, the only problem is 2012 coaching film isn't in HD and I don't know how it would look. I will say Wilfork struggled the 1\2 of the year, but he returned to his normal self later on in the season. In the Texans divisional game, he dominated there interior line and was a huge factor in that win. I thought he was good against the run this yr, but he offers next to nothing on passing downs. I will probably do a McCourty video next and maybe Ryan\Dennard or Vereen/Ridley after that.

Do you film your monitor with a camera for the plays? If so try something like Debut video capture or FRAPS (pretty sure there's a free version) to directly record the screen, might make the non-HD footage come out better then.

I might do that, the only problem is 2012 coaching film isn't in HD and I don't know how it would look. I will say Wilfork struggled the 1\2 of the year, but he returned to his normal self later on in the season. In the Texans divisional game, he dominated there interior line and was a huge factor in that win. I thought he was good against the run this yr, but he offers next to nothing on passing downs. I will probably do a McCourty video next and maybe Ryan\Dennard or Vereen/Ridley after that.

Well, whatever you think. I don't know about next to nothing on passing downs.

According to Reiss he played the most snaps of any defensive linemen in 2011-2012 period. I'd just like to compare our interior line pressure.

Do you film your monitor with a camera for the plays? If so try something like Debut video capture or FRAPS (pretty sure there's a free version) to directly record the screen, might make the non-HD footage come out better then.

I film with my Tablet's Camera. I will check out FRAPS though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe