PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson starting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gomezcat said:
I agree about relaxing. The passing game will improve each week as the WRs get familiar with the plays, the specifics of the routes and timing patterns. Perhaps he will start, who knows?

That's a pretty radical point of view.:bricks:

pats1 said:
Huh?

He started last week:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20061008_MIA@NE

But didn't catch any passes. That's because he was in on the first play (therefore he was in for the starting lineup, but barely played after that.)

EDIT: Ah, I got you now, Mr. Technical! Let's keep last "week" synonymous with last "game." ;)
For a second there i didnt think you were going to catch on!!!:D :D :D

Last edited:
pats1 said:
I don't know if this has been said in the thread yet, but Chad Jackson "started" last week. He was in on the first play, but barely after that.
I thought he was out there a decent amount from my seats. He just didn't get many thrown his way.

J D Sal

I certainly hope he does "start" or play the majority of plays and has 10 catches and 2 TD's. That's not a prediction -:) If he's healthy, and he's not on the injury list, get him out there. He has the most potential of any of the WR bunch and onky at game speed is he really going to get to where he can be a force at the end of the year.

NEM said:
In the NFL, "Startig" doesnt mean much. It's more a case of "How many plays did you get into the game"
"Startig" doesn't mean much anywhere.

Kind of amazing how the other wide receivers give kudos to Jackson and rate him as the "complete package" when he hasn't even been healthy enough to make much of an impact this year. Well maybe they see some things in practice that we don't. Jackson may be poised for a breakout game soon, especially if healthy.

VJCPatriot said:
Jackson may be poised for a breakout game soon, especially if healthy.

I'm hoping for it. I don't want to set my expectations too high, but I do think he might shut up the negative nancies a little bit over the next few weeks.

RayClay said:
So we talking Vulcan mind meld here?

Maybe we should take the opposite tack. Since nobody thinks we have a deep threat, why not have all the receivers limp on to the field.

When they come up close because we obviously can't go deep, we throw it to Gabriel for a touchdown.

If he thought they would fall for something that pedantic, I wouldn't put it past BB to give something like that a try... he's the master of deception....

And teams know that

But he knows they know

But they know he knows they know

But he knows they know he knows they know... etc...

So of course, they prepare for the worst ... not the best - and that requires them to give CJ at least a decent amount of respect tomorrow until they can feel him out.

Let's hope its not a leaked misinformation - and he really is finally healthy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference