PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Replying to Old Threads

I just made a reminder in my calendar to reply to this thread on 11/11/2026. :ninja:

Sometimes I like to go back and see if I was right or wrong, like when I said that Wynn would be a bust (right) or that drafting Seymour instead of some Michigan WR whose name now illudes me was a mistake (wrong)!

its because we just want someone to say “holy batman old thread revival!”

its because we just want someone to say “holy batman old thread revival!”
oh hell yes

Sbg04Tc.jpg

@Ian Suggestion on the new thread widget related to this subject. You might have super lazy people (not me) who use the "Is this already being discussed?" to find similar threads to reply to instead of creating new. Maybe filter out any thread where last reply >x (30?) days?

Just a quick note - it's O.K. to start new threads even if a player/topic may have been discussed previously. If you get prompted for a "similar thread" and the previous thread is a month or longer old, especially if it's either a new take or new information, go ahead and start a new thread. Replying to old threads is confusing and also prevents people from seeing new information.

Neither myself, @Ross12 or @mike_usagisan will ever be mad at people for bringing either a new report or a new opinion on a recent event to an OP. So don't feel like starting a new thread is an issue, especially if the only previous relevant thread is from a while ago and wouldn't immediately help people be aware of whatever new development is going on. :cool:
Yeah I'm a hoarder, and a habitual offender replying to old threads that aren't closed.

It's good for you to do this to avoid confusion. A lot of what's been posted over the years is quite useful and informative, and often becomes quite pertinent to today, and definitely gives perspective.

Reactions: Ian
So I think that

...wait is this thread 'old' already?

People tell me I'm old but I don't listen to them.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back