PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson acting like a fool in the annual Kickoff Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born_a_Patriot

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I heard on PFW that Chad Jackson acting like a fool in the annual Kickoff Gala and that some veterans were looking at him like we need to bring him down to earth.

PFW also indicated that he might be having problems learning the playbook and that there are rumors the injury might not be the only reason he has not played.

Re: Chad Jackson acting like a fool in the annual Kickoff Gala.

Outstanding
Good thing we have all that depth at receiver:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Born_a_Patriot said:
I heard on PFW that Chad Jackson acting like a fool in the annual Kickoff Gala and that some veterans were looking at him like we need to bring him down to earth.

PFW also indicated that he might be having problems learning the playbook and that there are rumors the injury might not be the only reason he has not played.

As far as foolish behavior, if true I'm hoping that spending more time in a disciplined, professional enviornment with the Pats, he'll calm down a little.

As far as learning the playbook, I think alot of that will remedy itself once he gets on the field. Reading diagrams is one thing, but physically running drills and practicing the routes will go a long way in accellerating the learning process.

"A-Rod's having trouble at home. At least that's the rumor I'm starting": Lenny Clark.:D

wonderfull...now that we need him...

Hmmm..... not great news. Although I have disagreed with PFW's comments before, they generallly do a good job.

I will not pass judgment until Chad actually gets on the field, but I have to question our front office's abillity to judge wide receiver talent. Since 2002 our pickups at this position (both in the draft and free agency) have really been poor.

If his attitude/work ethic/hamstrings are all of concern, just seeing him in uniform this season would be impressive. I have no expectations as far as this year goes.

Before this turns into a John Mark Karr exclusive, do we have any confirmations of this?

We forget that these guys are really just big, talented kids. I know I acted like a jackass when i was 22, he'll learn.

Other than that, the rest of it is BS, i don't buy it one bit that he isn't on the field because he hasn't leanred the playbook. Next are we to believe that he is in jeopardy of getting cut?

Ichiro said:
Hmmm..... not great news. Although I have disagreed with PFW's comments before, they generallly do a good job.

I will not pass judgment until Chad actually gets on the field, but I have to question our front office's abillity to judge wide receiver talent. Since 2002 our pickups at this position (both in the draft and free agency) have really been poor.

Branch and Givens have looked pretty good. Bethel had his moments.

They've never gone after a big name FA WR other than Derrick Mason. I guarantee that would have worked out well.

David Patten I believe was a BB free agent pick-up and he worked our real well.

I think all us are guilty of remembering guyes like Hayes and Terrell. Those weren't huge blunders. They gave them a shot, and they didn't work out.

BB and Pioli come from the NY Giants school of offense which doesn't put as much emphasis or value on the position anyway.

deeds said:
We forget that these guys are really just big, talented kids. I know I acted like a jackass when i was 22, he'll learn.

Other than that, the rest of it is BS, i don't buy it one bit that he isn't on the field because he hasn't leanred the playbook. Next are we to believe that he is in jeopardy of getting cut?

I have to agree with you. If he were healthy, he'd be out there learning.

deeds said:

I don't believe the playbook thing either. Wasn't he given some Pats plays by BB and then "questioned" on them later...........???
this led to us drafting him.

I find that hard to believe.

I bet he was just acting like a young idiot (like myself sometimes) and the older guys were wondering what the rookie, injured, wide receiver who has yet to see the field was doing acting like a jack-ass.

hopefully i'm right.

Oh no, I 20-something year old kid was acting goofy at some sort of organized sports event? The end is nigh! :eyeroll:

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The PFW guys did say that Rodney and Tedy looked at each other like we need to have a talk with this guy.

I agree is not a big deal at that age. But I thought it was funny specially the way they described it.

Last edited:

Born_a_Patriot said:
The PFW guys did say that Rodney and Tedy looked at each other like we need to have a talk with this guy.

I agree is not a big deal at that age. But I thought it was funny specially the way they described it.

They always react that way when a rookie Bogarts the shrimp at these receptions.

Born_a_Patriot said:
The PFW guys did say that Rodney and Tedy looked at each other like we need to have a talk with this guy.QUOTE]

Problem solved.

shmessy said:
They always react that way when a rookie Bogarts the shrimp at these receptions.

I heard he was eating his entree with his salad fork.

Uncooth heathen.

So the PFW guys actually saw the look passed between Harrison and Bruschi? And did they say what he was doing? They know BB is holding him out of practice because he doesn't get the playbook? Like he did with Donald Hayes, Bethel Johnson or Monty Biesel? I didn't hear them but I'm not buying all this.

How was he acting like a fool?

Was he wearing Grocho glasses? Was he walking around with his fly unzipped? Was he predicting that the Fins would win the SB?

I guess I would want to know what foolish things he was "acting like".

PatsRI said:
So the PFW guys actually saw the look passed between Harrison and Bruschi? And did they say what he was doing? They know BB is holding him out of practice because he doesn't get the playbook? Like he did with Donald Hayes, Bethel Johnson or Monty Biesel? I didn't hear them but I'm not buying all this.

How would they know if he is not getting the play book? Is he failing to redraw the routes on the board. Until he makes it onto the field, how will wwe know anything about him.

If he was acting up at the party, the veterans will have a talk with him and calm him down. But hey, there is always one at the party right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft