PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson acting like a fool in the annual Kickoff Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chad Jackson acting like a fool in the annual Kickoff Gala.

pats1 said:
At 1:35 in the show they start talking about it again (and of course Casale has to tie a negative Jackson comment into everything - they were doing e-mails):

Thanks Pats1 -

I listened and all I can think of is somehow, have we found another Bethel??

Maybe this guy will actually figure it all out and learn the playbook as opposed to Johnson who never did and evidently, never will.

I do hope he gets there sooner, rather than later.

At least with WR, he can be put on the end of the line with limited responsibilities and recognition - and still succeed by a slight sight adjust and use of natural ability to catch the ball and run with it. Or, as with Bethel - just run like hell and go get the ball.

Waaaay too soon to draw any conclusions here....

What I found so suprising about this is the fact that this team met with him several times before the draft and from what I heard were diligent in uncovering his character status, and from what I heard he past all the tests well.

Who know what's going on, but one thing that should provide some ease is that if any team can straighten this guy out it's this one with such strong vet leaders like Seymour, Harrison, Brown, Bruschi, Seau, and Brady. This guy has such great talent and upside I would hate to see him throw it away because of something like this. I don't want to sound premature though because we don't really know what's going on.

OMG, there's someone on this board who doesn't know about Lisa Olsen and Zeke Mowatt. I'm SO old.

I can't believe I'm going to post this but just the other day Butch Stearns (who I think is an idiot) was saying his Gillette sources were telling him that the Pats LOVED Chad Jackson and were holding him out as a safety precaution.

Hmm. What to I believe? When will Patriots On Demand post the Gala? The had the all of last year's Gala.

Hoodie said:
I can't believe I'm going to post this but just the other day Butch Stearns (who I think is an idiot) was saying his Gillette sources were telling him that the Pats LOVED Chad Jackson and were holding him out as a safety precaution.

Hmm. What to I believe? When will Patriots On Demand post the Gala? The had the all of last year's Gala.

I heard Stearns say that on WEEI also. Just like you, I think this guy is an idiot, seems to embellish everything (he once called Red Sox 1B Dave McCarty the "Troy Brown of the Red Sox").

For some reason I'm worried about this Chad Jackson thing. I was counting on him big-time before the Branch holdout. Now that the holdout is getting uglier, this news comes at the worst time. I remember hearing the same stuff about Bethel Johnson late in the '03 season. I ignored it because of his potential. We all know how that turned out.

14thDragon said:
Casale was predicting 80 catches and 10 TDs for Jackson in May. He was the one that said that we "raped" Greenbay in trading to get Jackson.

He only soured somewhat after the extended hamstring injury. Nothing he has written in PFW or for Patriots.com indicates any sort of hate for Jackson. Disappointment due to his lack of being on the field, but certainly not hatred.

Yes and to be fair, I went back to his draft stuff and he also said Jerious Norwood and Wali Lundy were sleeper running backs in this draft. He said Lundy could be another Terrell Davis and now he's the starting RB in Houston, so he was right sometimes too. I love this. If Reiss reported this, you would all believe it. Has anyone ever thought that Casale works for the team and was there as a team employee? I don't think the Krafts or the Patriots would be happy if he just made up things about players that weren't true. If anything, he's probably downplaying this so he doesn't get in trouble. Hey Reiss was there, what did he have to say about it? Oh yeah, nothing because it's a negative about a Patriots player. I don't always agrre with them but I respect guys like Casale, Perillo and Thomase because they at least tell us what's up, even if it's not always good. I listened to the show and I see no reason at all why he would make up what he said. Oh, and by the way, those guys at PFW do get inside info from time to time that they can't report publicly. If they mention something about him learning the playbook, perhaps they heard it from someone on the inside and are just throwing it out there. I know they aren't Reiss but I don't think they would smear Jackson's name just to do it. Not everyone is out to destroy the Patriots.

Last edited:

jaychamp said:
Funny read :D
Yeah, definitely a keeper. I am not familiar with the author but he reminds me of Bill Simmons. This bit was especially outstanding:

As controversies go, this one started out slowly. The first reports didn’t hit the paper for a day or two. Then it reached the airwaves. The national press picked it up. ESPN. It went from the sports page to the news section. In days it exploded into Brad/Jen/Angelina proportions. The entire nation was talking about the willie of the Patriots’ tight end. No one on the team could avoid being asked about it. None dared comment. Except the owner, who didn’t know any better. Kiam told a reporter that to him, Olsen was “a classic bi.tch.â€

It was as if Kiam tried to put out the fire by throwing C4 on it. Every other NFL owner simultaneously spit their Chivas & rocks onto their TV‘s.
Can't you picture the NFL owners spitting their Chivas and rocks onto their TV's when they heard what Kiam said?

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Yes and to be fair, I went back to his draft stuff and he also said Jerious Norwood and Wali Lundy were sleeper running backs in this draft. He said Lundy could be another Terrell Davis and now he's the starting RB in Houston, so he was right sometimes too. I love this. If Reiss reported this, you would all believe it. Has anyone ever thought that Casale works for the team and was there as a team employee? I don't think the Krafts or the Patriots would be happy if he just made up things about players that weren't true. If anything, he's probably downplaying this so he doesn't get in trouble. Hey Reiss was there, what did he have to say about it? Oh yeah, nothing because it's a negative about a Patriots player. I don't always agrre with them but I respect guys like Casale, Perillo and Thomase because they at least tell us what's up, even if it's not always good. I listened to the show and I see no reason at all why he would make up what he said. Oh, and by the way, those guys at PFW do get inside info from time to time that they can't report publicly. If they mention something about him learning the playbook, perhaps they heard it from someone on the inside and are just throwing it out there. I know they aren't Reiss but I don't think they would smear Jackson's name just to do it. Not everyone is out to destroy the Patriots.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why are most of your posts negative and relish in taking the ugly sides of Pats discussions? I'm beginning to think you actually are Borges, or someone similar to him in philosophy.

pats1 said:
At 1:35 in the show they start talking about it again (and of course Casale has to tie a negative Jackson comment into everything - they were doing e-mails):

Casale: "Fred, you know what a good leader is?"

(SNIP)

Thanks to the fastest fingers on PatsFans.com! I just couldn't get through it. My gawd what an amateurish production that is. They use more drop-ins (childish sound effects that seem to come out of nowhere) than a stoned college radio disc jockey. It's like WKRP in Cincinnati minus the talent. ;)

And I can understand not spending the money on a decent engineer that would equalize everybody's microphone levels so some voices weren't 30% louder and 'thicker' than the rest, but for cripes sakes, at least shell out the $29.95 for a pop-screen on the mic for the dude that can't stop popping his P's so loudly that my subwoofer keeps jumping off the floor. Or here's a tip... teach him how to actually USE a microphone off-set so the wind from his heavy P's goes past the mic, not directly into it.

By the way, who was the one that said "It's not news unless the Globe says it is" ?

I'm Ron Borges? said:
I listened to the show and I see no reason at all why he would make up what he said.

I know they aren't Reiss but I don't think they would smear Jackson's name just to do it. Not everyone is out to destroy the Patriots.

I agree with your comments here. That's why I'm worried this Jackson situation will just cast a darker cloud over the wide receiver position.
I can take the negative, as long as its not followed by back-handed comments which seem immature.

Ichiro said:
I agree with your comments here. That's why I'm worried this Jackson situation will just cast a darker cloud over the wide receiver position.
I can take the negative, as long as its not followed by back-handed comments which seem immature.

Thank you. That's all I'm trying to say.

Refresher course on some notable wide receivers (past and present) in the NFL:

Steve Smith: a freak show
T.O.: psychotic
Jimmy Smith: completely whacked
Plaxico Burress: bizarre
Terry Glenn: A cross dresser
Chad J: punches his coaches
Marvin Harrison: only eats junk food
Keyshaun: quits on his team
Randy Moss: runs over traffic cops

If Chad Jackson's worst offense is he's too boisterous for a black tie affair, we should consider ourselves lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back