PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson acting like a fool in the annual Kickoff Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chad Jackson acting like a fool in the annual Kickoff Gala.

Keegs said:
wait wait wait.............

was he "acting like a fool" ?

OR

"Actin' a fool" ?

big difference.

LOL. Classic.

Yeah, I'm not going to read too much into this. I'm sure there is a lot of things Chad Jackson might do that a bunch of old cracker a** veterans would find odd.

14thDragon said:
But hey, there is always one at the party right?

One? No, not if you party with the Vikings.

Born_a_Patriot said:
This is all in good fun I thought. Any who I went to Patriots.com And they the Patriots Football Weekly guys have a live streaming Sports show (PFW in Progress). That's were I heard it. There is no ill intent just relax. ;)

I think they might add it as a POD cast as well for you to download.

I think this link might work http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=audionewsdetail&pid=20829&pcid=80&searchstring=

my apologies! There's been so much troll cr*p lately, I thought this might be more of the same, directed at a kid that hasn't even played an NFL snap yet!

D-cleater said:
LMAO!!!! You wouldn't take David Givens in the 7th round ? or Super Bowl MVP Deion Branch in the 2nd round? These were our #1 and #2 recievers in two playoff runs and a 21 game win streak, and our front office paid them what.... a combined 1 or 2 million a year? Get a clue, bro!

I think you got my position wrong, bro. What my larger point is that AFTER the 2002 draft, we have done little right at the WR position and its biting us in the ass right now.
If one of our draftees or free-agent pick-ups after the 2002 draft (thats three off-seasons) were on the team and productive (even a #2 or #3 receiver) we would be in much better shape now and have MORE leverage against Branch.
Listen, I drink the Kool-Aid like everyone else, but if you don't think we need a legitimate deep threat at WR to compete against the upper-echelon AFC teams then you're kidding yourself.

At least jackson finally did SOMETHING. Those crazy kids from Florida (The U, Florida, Florida State, etc). I guess they don't teach ettiquette like they do in Dartmouth & Yale.

Last edited by a moderator:

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Can anybody narrow down where in the show the Jackson stuff was talked about so I can fast forward to it? These hacks just annoy me.

If anybody gets all the way through - can you post some of what was said about what he said or did?

pats1 said:
Of course, you have to discredit anything Casale says about Chad Jackson, because he's been labelling him a bust from Day 1. Casale absolutely hates Jackson and keeps calling him "she" a la Parcells and Glenn.

Casale was predicting 80 catches and 10 TDs for Jackson in May. He was the one that said that we "raped" Greenbay in trading to get Jackson.

He only soured somewhat after the extended hamstring injury. Nothing he has written in PFW or for Patriots.com indicates any sort of hate for Jackson. Disappointment due to his lack of being on the field, but certainly not hatred.

I don't give a flying frick what Chad did at some shmancy black tie affair. When he flunks on the field, I'll declare him a bust. Until then, I mildly approve of his iconoclasm.

They start talking about it at the 19:50 mark.

Summary: Jackson was a little bit off the wall. He’s a little out there. For those people who think he’s picking up the playbook quickly? I don't know....He's walking around, screaming & yelling, like he’s in the locker room. Embarassing...Harrison and Bruschi had looks on their face like they were going to take care of this later...

I hope Chad becomes a #1 receiver and has great success, because as long as he is a Patriot what is good for Chad is good for the Patriots and that is all I care about.

At 1:35 in the show they start talking about it again (and of course Casale has to tie a negative Jackson comment into everything - they were doing e-mails):

Casale: "Fred, you know what a good leader is?"

Perillo: "Somebody who can read an e-mail?"

Casale: "Exactly about what we were talking about when Chad Jackson went out of control at a kickoff gala, a good leader is someone like Harrison or Bruschi who is going to come up to him the next day, slap him upside the head, and say "If I ever see that again it's going to be worse."

Perillo: "Lori, did you see any of that behavior we were talking about?

Lori: "Yeah."

Perillo: "Is there anything you can talk about without getting yourself in trouble, so you can kind of enlighten the rest of us that weren't there?

Lori: "Well it looks like they were trying to do like a little rookie stunt. The captains got up and were like "Oh, by the way, we're going to bring up the rookies." So they called up Maroney, they called up Jackson, and Jackson, uh, made the whole place go quiet."

Casale: "And I saw him come out of the elevator into the place and he was starting right from there, yelling, talking loud, it was really weird."

Perillo: "It's exceptionally strange in light of what he's done so far as a professional football player. It would be one thing if Laurence Maroney got up there and said "You know what, I'm going to try and have some fun with it" and maybe it backfired. He thought it was fun, you know, but the guy has played the whole preseason. Chad Jackson, you'd think, would do everything he could to disappear into the wall. He's been on the field for 3 practices, hasn't played one game, hasn't put the uniform on one time yet. You'd think he do everything he could to just hide in the crowd instead of calling attention to himself. It's a very strange decision."

Casale: "I'm glad Lori was here to say it so people like me and Tomase don't have an agenda against Chad Jackson or trying to smear his good name."

Perillo: "The next thread will be the cheerleaders have it out for the second round pick."

Casale: "But anybody that was at that place last night saw what went on last night, it wasn't just me."

Hart: "So it really went to akward silence?"

Lori: "Yeah, the whole place went quiet. But then Maroney jumped on the mic and was like "Oh, thank you for having us." He bailed out the whole thing."

Hart: "Maybe we shouldn't have treated Chad Jackson like a first round pick from the day he stepped inside this stadium."

Perillo: "We? You!"

Hart: "They had a press conference and photography shoot out on the field."

Perillo: "See how mad he got?"

Hart: "He's been treated like God since he got here instead of a lowly second round pick."

Perillo: "It was for our two special picks."

Hart: "Maybe he isn't so special."

Perillo: "In the 8 years I've been here that was the first time a second round pick was included."

Hart: "OK, I was wrong. He's a bust. Not a steal anymore, a bust."

Perillo: "Andy's admiration was pure talent."

Casale: "See that e-mailer who hates me, loves Paul? I'm not the only one who's jumped ship."

Hart: "I didn't know that he has rocks between his ears."

gfecte01 said:
They start talking about it at the 19:50 mark.

Summary: Jackson was a little bit off the wall. He’s a little out there. For those people who think he’s picking up the playbook quickly? I don't know....He's walking around, screaming & yelling, like he’s in the locker room. Embarassing...Harrison and Bruschi had looks on their face like they were going to take care of this later...

Ok, so no real information on his player development. That is good, I was disturbed at the idea that he was being held out do to a difficulty with knowing the playbook.

That he is having trouble knowing how to behave when out with the Krafts. That is part of the education of an NFL player. Rodney and Tedy will straigten him out. He needs to learn, lay off the ****tails at the preparty.

Even when Troy Brown came into the league he was a big-headed, full of himself rookie.

EXACTLY WHAT I SAID EARLIER.

thank you, thank you.

Born_a_Patriot said:
I heard on PFW that Chad Jackson acting like a fool in the annual Kickoff Gala and that some veterans were looking at him like we need to bring him down to earth.

PFW also indicated that he might be having problems learning the playbook and that there are rumors the injury might not be the only reason he has not played.

Didn't hear evidence of this.

Seems they were lightly "hazing" the rooks and Jackson reacted in an immature way. No doubt it was embarassing, but what else?

Let's see when he gets on the field.

Felger just said he knew someone who rode in an elevator with Jackson after a preseason game, and that Jackson was acting like a major league jackass there too, enough so that the guy wondered if Jackson "got it". I must say, there are some warning signs here. We'll just have to wait and see.

Hmmm.
How the team has changed. Back in the day, you had to do a Zeke Mowat -
Lisa Olson to make the news :eek:
BillyD

BillD said:
Hmmm.
BillyD

..........True

patsfan55 said:
i take this as an offense
im 22, i dont think i act like a jackass

You see the "problem" is that you don't realize you do until you are older. I didn't do anything I regretted...but I would agree I fell into the jackass catagory too at 22....:D

BillD said:
Hmmm.
BillyD

For the great unwashed like me, care to elaborate?

QB12

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes