PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad (Bethel ) JACKSON has groin injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny that people are getting worked up over CJ getting called Bethel. Instead of that, why don't we start calling fans out for calling Reche bug eye?

Chad Jackson is no Bethal Johnson, he may not play sunday, but will make some noise before its all said it done...

with the amount of time hes missed he deserves to be called more than Bethel

Why don't you just do a Google search using the keywords "Watson" "Benjamin" "2004 season". Perhaps you and JR4 would gain some perspective.

Maybe this thread will bring Tom Casale back to this board so he can post more good gossip that he couldn't talk about on his show under four separate pseudonym's (the last one, stupidly using his fiancee's name in the postername to squeal against his employer's wishes what Chad Jackson said at a fan gala).

Why don't you just do a Google search using the keywords "Watson" "Benjamin" "2004 season". Perhaps you and JR4 would gain some perspective.

What does that have to do with an injury trend. That's all that is questioned here.
Not anything about Jackson's ability.
Watson got a season ending injury during a game - recovered and has
been healthy since.
Jackson has had a severe hammy injury in practice recovered and now
a groin injury in practice. maybe this is just two freak injuries and all
will be fine from now on.
I am ... if you are not .... disappointed.
You are apparently are not disappointed as you are trying to make out all is ok.
Just a different point of view.

Last edited:
CJ has been injured since camp, I'll be here next year to see if he is
what we (some of us) expected.????

I may be wrong, but, after almost every game he makes an appearance in He's injured.?

Games BB plays(?) or just not NFL durable?

As a rookie he gets a pass. Next year though.?

Speaking of WR's what's with Gabriel????? Dog house or dumb?????

What does that have to do with an injury trend. That's all that is questioned here.
Not anything about Jackson's ability.
Watson got a season ending injury during a game - recovered and has
been healthy since.
Jackson has had a severe hammy injury in practice recovered and now
a groin injury in practice. maybe this is just two freak injuries and all
will be fine from now on.
I am ... if you are not .... disappointed.
You are apparently are not disappointed as you are trying to make out all is ok.
Just a different point of view.

Sure, I'm disappointed. Just as much as I was disappointed that Watson was out almost all of 2004. Just as disappointed with that #37 guy who has been injured 80% of the time the past two seasons.

Deion Branch, Rodney, Bruschi, Watson, Kaczur, Light, Grambo, Seymour, Warren, Seau, Neal, Koppen, Faulk, Givens, Vrabel, Law, Samuels, Hobbs, Wilson, Hawkins, Tebucky.

They have all been injuried. And a bunch of other guys I didn't bother to list.

Christ, it's like they are playing a contact sport or something. :rolleyes:

Well this thread went downhill quickly. Which is funny, cause it started in the ditch.

Tangental topics:

1) When are they going to IR Jackson and bring up Bam?
2) Will this be the chance Doug Gabriel needs to have a breakout game?
3) Imagine how great we'd be with Greg Jennings.
4) Or Richard Marshall.
5) When do you think we'll trade Jackson for an underachieving defensive tackle from the same draft? I say Broderick Bunkley, three years from now.

Discus. It's a great sport.

If he is badly injured then why is he wearing Roy williams jersey
and imatating him on the scout team

First off I have been against this pick since the beginning. Florida WR all have the exact same career. Drafted because f speed, always show flashes here and there, and never stay healthy, when healthy never make the impact they were suppose to. I had a post where I put what the stats that Chad jackson would post at the beginning of the season, (I am too lazy to go find it) and I will be right on, when its all said and done. What are Florida's WR hammys made of paper mache.

I actually think Bethel will have more of an impact in the NFL. I hope I am wrong, and would love to eat crow, but I am never wrong.

First off I have been against this pick since the beginning. Florida WR all have the exact same career. Drafted because f speed, always show flashes here and there, and never stay healthy, when healthy never make the impact they were suppose to. I had a post where I put what the stats that Chad jackson would post at the beginning of the season, (I am too lazy to go find it) and I will be right on, when its all said and done. What are Florida's WR hammys made of paper mache.

I actually think Bethel will have more of an impact in the NFL. I hope I am wrong, and would love to eat crow, but I am never wrong.
We've been through this and the "Florida WR" thing is just stupid. Sorry. The guy never played for Spurrier. and he certainly isn't lacking anything to make him injury prone. If you want to bring up some legitimate points, fine, but the "Florida WR" argument has no merit whatsoever. It's like arguing that the Patriots draft badly and using the Carrol/Grier era as your evidence.

Yeah, you are "never wrong"...... and that other guy from U. of Florida Reche Caldwell has really been a ripoff for the $906,160 we're paying him this year.

It's amazing how so many knee-jerk fans who, by their own descriptions, are simply "too lazy to go find out" have access to computers.

Maybe before badmouthing him people should wait to see if Jackson even misses a game.

Yeah, you are "never wrong"...... and that other guy from U. of Florida Reche Caldwell has really been a ripoff for the $906,160 we're paying him this year.

It's amazing how so many knee-jerk fans who, by their own descriptions, are simply "too lazy to go find out" have access to computers.

First off ask San Diego how their 2nd rd pick in Reche Caldwell worked out. He was injury prone and never as productive as he was suppose to be. (Sounds like a rookie WR I know) So the Pats get him on the cheap. If 3 years down the road the Pats wanted to get Chad jackson on the cheap after the team that drafted him gives up on him, I wouldnt mind that either. But wasting a 2nd rd pick on him I do mind.

And the reason the Florida WR issue is valid. It is because of the system Florida plays even after Spurrier, and the defenses that are played in the SEC, its very tough to acurrectly predict, how well these WR will tun out. And for the most part even since Spurrier Florida WR dont fair well in the NFL.

Look I hope I am wrong, No one loves the Pats more than me, but I have seen this before, and so have all of you. And anyone here who is not worried about Jackson is kidding themselves.

First off ask San Diego how their 2nd rd pick in Reche Caldwell worked out. He was injury prone and never as productive as he was supposed to be. (Sounds like a rookie WR I know).
Yeah those torn ACLs are an SEC and Florida specific problem :rolleyes:

And the reason the Florida WR issue is valid. It is because of the system Florida plays even after Spurrier, and the defenses that are played in the SEC
You're gonna have to provide more than this spouting off at the mouth bull to convince anyone.

On the Florida WR issue, Belichick has spoken about it and he thinks Urban Meyer's offense has more pro concepts than the average college offense. I would get a link but you can look yourself.

I have no idea where you're going with the SEC defense thing, you need to come with more ammo than that - the SEC defenses are a lot stronger than most conferences.

If 3 years down the road the Pats wanted to get Chad jackson on the cheap after the team that drafted him gives up on him, I wouldnt mind that either. But wasting a 2nd rd pick on him I do mind.
_________

Shmessy: That's what makes the "other team" losers and the Pats the Pats. The "other team" would act like you and give up on him, just like they would have jettisoned David Givens or Ben Watson after their rookie years.
_________
And the reason the Florida WR issue is valid. It is because of the system Florida plays even after Spurrier, and the defenses that are played in the SEC, its very tough to acurrectly predict, how well these WR will tun out. And for the most part even since Spurrier Florida WR dont fair well in the NFL.
_______
Shmessy: Trivia question for you: The WR FA we picked up this year who has become Brady's favorite WR and already has 38 catches with 3 TD's WHILE STILL GETTING ACCLIMATED - - what University did he attend?
_______
Look I hope I am wrong, No one loves the Pats more than me, but I have seen this before, and so have all of you. And anyone here who is not worried about Jackson is kidding themselves.
________
Shmessy: Before this year, how many U 0f F WR's did Brady throw to in this system in NE? Why don't you watch what the Brady effect is with David Givens wandering around in the wilderness this year?

In the meantime, if you really want to carp about a 2nd rounder who, after THREE YEARS can't get active, then look at Mr. Marquise Hill. CJackson deserves at least a chance.

Ten characters

Stop with this David Givens nonsense. Givens was a 7th rd pick, who has to earn a spot n a team and playing time. Jackson was a 2nd rd pick, meaning if he shows anything he is getting playing time. He automaically makes the roster. the fact that Jackson is a 2nd rd pick is disturbing. I know Colston in NO is doing great things his rookie year as a 7th rd pick. But most of the time a 7th rd has to make the team and slowly work his way in. To compare Givens to Jackson, is all you need to know about the bad pick Jackson was.

And yes the SEC is the best conf in the NCAA, and do play great defense. But the SEC is built around the run game, the multi back sets, etc. Defenses are built to stop the run, even more than the big 10. Which is why SEC RBs seem to be a better pick than SEC WRs. WR are usally manned up, against corners more euipment to stop the run. You dont pick Florida WRs in the early rds. , you just dont. This isnt deja vu, Jacksons career is starting out exactly like Ike Hillard, Jaquez Green, Caldwell, Gaffney (Now also on the Pats for cheap), etc. You dont spend a 2nd rd pick on any SEC WR, its too valuable a pick, and especially not a Florida WR. SEC is great at producing RBs (especially Georgia, LSU and Auburn) and Olineman, even TEs. But never WRs. And usually never a QB either. I know Peyton, but most SEC QBs are actually more like Eli or Rex.

Stop with this David Givens nonsense... To compare Givens to Jackson, is all you need to know about the bad pick Jackson was.

That's a good idea. Let's do that.

Givens' first year:

G---GS--Rec--Yds--Avg--Lg--TD--20+--40+--1st
12--0---9-----92---10.2--30--1---1------0------4

Jackson so far:

G--GS--Rec--Yds--Avg--Lg--TD--20+--40+--1st
9---1---10---131--13.1--35-3----3-----0------5

Looking at these stats, I can not help but conclude that Jackson will be a bust. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft