In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

Of the six "experts" (one is a computer), here's how they pick:

Sea (+8.5) at GB: 3 pick GB, 3 pick Dal
NYG (+7.5) at Dal: all 6 pick NYG
Jax (+11.5) at NE: 3 pick Jax, 3 pick NE
SD (+7.5) at Ind: 4 pick SD, 2 pick Ind

Now, I realize that these picks are against the spread and not picks for the winner. That definitely skews things. But I find it hard to believe there aren't some folks out there that think Dallas will win by more than a TD. Actually, lots of people are picking the Giants to win that game, but why? They beat the Giants by 10 at home in week 1, and then by 11 on the road in week 10. I know Dallas hasn't been playing very well lately, but that can, in large part, be chalked up to 3 things:

1. Tono Romo's banged up thumb,
2. Terrell Owens' injured ankle, and
3. The fact that they had the #1 seed sewn up for week 17 and didn't really give it much of an effort.

Romo's thumb should be a lot better. Owens' ankle...well, here's one thing you can say about him: he's a tough SOB. He should play. Plus, Terry Glenn is finally back and healthy.

I'm not saying Dallas will win and I'm certainly not saying they'll cover, but I'm surprised that it seems like the universal sentiment out there is that not only will the Giants cover, they quite likely will win the game.

On Dallas, the consensus right now seems to be that Owens will not be himself if he plays. Plus the Giants are playing very well, especially on the road. Regarding Glenn, he looked bad in his one quarter back - just because there's a person with his name on the back of the jersey doesn't mean it's the same quality player we're used to.

My buddy was telling me a stat, not sure how true it is, but he was saying that the Giants are one of the worst teams in the league defending the tight end, so watch Witten have a field day. The Giants and Jags are the "sexy" picks this weekend, it happens every year. Personally, I think the difference in the haves and have nots has been so drastic this season I'll be stunned if the final four arent the Pats, Colts, Cowboys, and Packers.

all four games I would take the points. I think they all will be a TD or less.

as for straight up, I would take the Colts, Pats, GB. If TO plays Dallas, if he doesn't Giants.

My buddy was telling me a stat, not sure how true it is, but he was saying that the Giants are one of the worst teams in the league defending the tight end, so watch Witten have a field day. The Giants and Jags are the "sexy" picks this weekend, it happens every year. Personally, I think the difference in the haves and have nots has been so drastic this season I'll be stunned if the final four arent the Pats, Colts, Cowboys, and Packers.

Not even close. 11 teams including 2 Playoff teams (chargers and packers) have given up more yards to TEs.

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/fantas...lowed&LeagueID=1&order_by=ReYd&sort_order=ASC

I don't understand the Cowboys weren't trying argument. They had Jones and Barber playing for the entire 1st half along with the rest of their starters minus Owens but they played Glenn. They had 1 yard rushing for the entire game and they had negative rushing yards at the half.

I think the Cowboys are the team most likely to have a let down game, especially when you consider they are playing a division foe.

I don't understand the Cowboys weren't trying argument. They had Jones and Barber playing for the entire 1st half along with the rest of their starters minus Owens but they played Glenn. They had 1 yard rushing for the entire game and they had negative rushing yards at the half.

I think the Cowboys are the team most likely to have a let down game, especially when you consider they are playing a division foe.

Having them in. And being pumped up is too different things. Barber often makes a great second effort for another 3-5 yards. He might have been more willing to be tackled than fight being the game was meaningless. Might have spent less time studying the D-lines tendencies.

Just because you have your starters in doesn't mean they are giving it their all.

But I find it hard to believe there aren't some folks out there that think Dallas will win by more than a TD.

They (Dallas) will be lucky to win the game.

1. Romo hurt (thumb)
2. TO hurt
3. .500 ball over the last month
4. Giants on a major roll, Eli with confidence
5. Giants' pass rush versus a possibly bad game plan to avoid running Marion Barber all day (win with the pass.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe