PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB Eddie Jackson Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
played with miami the last 2 years maybe a referal from saban?

Maybe, maybe not. He's from the same school and draft class (Arkansas - '04) as Cedric Cobbs (whom we drafted). I'm sure we scouted all of the Razorback's prospects -- maybe we liked what we saw in Jackson way back then. In addition, we've probably seen him with the Phins for a few games. As far as I know, BB never shreds his notes on anyone.

TC fodder.

Why haven't we signed Briggs yet?

Is this FO cheap or what?

Last edited:
Maybe the Pats are trying to corner the market in Jackson's with ACL probleems (Chad & Eddie).

Just another name for the DB rolodex.

If he turns out to be a late bloomer, we'll have a book on him.

This guy is just training camp comp he be lucky to stay but i doubt it may make him a free safty didnt this guy get smoked buy troy brown a few years back in an over time game on a deep ball Gay is an over achiever with decent speed and hes smart hes not going anywhere hes pro gonna be our nickel corner or fight for a start now and then

Hell, if it's only a partical tear, he'll be as good as new by training camp, right?:rocker:

He can cover Jackson.

Don't know much about him, but I'm on the lookout for the next Hank Poteat.

Maybe he's him.

Don't know much about him, but I'm on the lookout for the next Hank Poteat.

Maybe he's him.

Possibly, but probably not.

Remember, Hank the Man was a well-regarded CB from the 2000 draft. Ourlads, e.g., ranked him #8 amoung CBs that year. He was drafted in the middle of the 3rd round, #77 overall, by the Steelers, immediately behind JR Redmond.

I'm glad that the FO has signed a DB with size; we also need quality, however, as well as quantity.

According to Reiss,he's reportedly considered a "strong locker room presence",fwiw.

Patriots add depth with cornerback/special teamer
March 20, 2007

In a move that adds depth to the secondary and special teams, the Patriots signed cornerback Eddie Jackson yesterday. Terms were not announced.

The 26-year-old Jackson, who will enter his fourth NFL season in 2007, has played for Carolina (2004) and Miami (2005-06). His primary contributions have come on special teams, where he has totaled 26 tackles in 39 games. The 6-foot, 200-pound Jackson has also started three games at cornerback but has mostly served as an extra defensive back.

Jackson is recovering from a torn ACL that he suffered Dec. 25 against the Jets. He was placed on injured reserve the next day.

A restricted free agent, Jackson was not tendered a contract by the Dolphins.

Considered a strong locker room presence, he entered the league as a free agent in 2004 out of Arkansas, where he also played safety.

Jackson appeared in 10 games for the Panthers as a rookie and was picked up on waivers by the Dolphins Sept. 4, 2005. He is the third Dolphins player acquired by the Patriots this offseason, joining receiver Wes Welker and running back Sammy Morris.

WOW!!! 6 pages on Eddie bleeping Jackson, who would have thunk. Patriots fever is at an all time high. :D He's trying out for special teams and the last spot on the DB roster.

Last edited:
nobody can tell me that nick Sabin isn't advising BB on his former miami players .

nobody can tell me that nick Sabin isn't advising BB on his former miami players .

I guess this means we'll be drafting some Alabama players this year as well?

maybe not this year but i wouldn't be surprised to see some bama players in the next couple of years .

It appears Nick has BB's ear which,if true,would be very cool indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News