PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB Eddie Jackson Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone so ga-ga over Saban "recommending" players? He didn't exactly help us out with Rohan Davey & Marquise Hill.

The only LSU you guys he sent our way to my knowledge are those two and Jarvis Green & Gay, both who are solid. I'm sure there were a few other UDFA who didn't work out.

So really, its not like he is some magical pipeline to productive players.

Why is everyone so ga-ga over Saban "recommending" players? He didn't exactly help us out with Rohan Davey & Marquise Hill.

The only LSU you guys he sent our way to my knowledge are those two and Jarvis Green & Gay, both who are solid. I'm sure there were a few other UDFA who didn't work out.

Exactly. The Urban Meyer Pipeline hasn't worked out so well, so far, either.

Last edited:
Hell, if it's only a partical tear, he'll be as good as new by training camp, right?:rocker:

Depends...very few injuries are the same. But i just don't understand the pats paying him if he won't be available till next year. So maybe...

Exactly. The Urban Meyer Pipeline hasn't worked out so well, so far, either.

You only have 1 player from florida that played under meyer. And that was only for a year...I'de wait a bit before you jump to an early conclusion.

He can cover Jackson.

PUP companionship and competition. He's supposedly a great locker room guy. Probably means a very hard worker with determination to remain in the league. Who better to pair CJ with this off season. Two guys who can't run with the regulars but need multi task and rehab their ACL's while learning their playbooks. ;)

Last edited:

I know enough to know he's going to be a Super Star. I know enough to know that he's better than any CB available this year, and that includes Nate C.

This was a brilliant move in every way possible.

Oh sorry, I know how some TROLLS accuse us of over praising every move the Pats make, so I wanted to throw some fuel on the fire.:)

This move doesn't excite me. Now, sign Kavika Mitchell, and I'll eat my left foot, but Eddie Jackson ........never heard of him.

You know, we may not have all the information about Saban's or Meyer's recommendations. They may be telling BB NOT to draft certain players, which would be quite useful.

PUP companionship and competition. He's supposedly a great locker room guy. Probably means a very hard worker with determination to remain in the league. Who better to pair CJ with this off season. Two guys who can't run with the regulars but need multi task and rehab their ACL's while learning their playbooks. ;)

Were that speculation true, it speaks volumes about Chad's intrinsic work ethic and motivational level.

It's one thing to be a college HC recommending college players to a Pro HC. It's another to be a former Pro HC recommending players you have coached in the pros to another Pro HC, not to mention that experience in Miami may have altered his perception of what a player needs to project to be to make it in the pros going forward.

Were that speculation true, it speaks volumes about Chad's intrinsic work ethic and motivational level.

Boy, you just like hating on CJ, don't you? Honestly you must know little about the guy considering some of the stuff you write about him.

Boy, you just like hating on CJ, don't you? Honestly you must know little about the guy considering some of the stuff you write about him.

Misdirected, as I was not the author of the speculation.
You must be having a tryst with CJ, using your own line of reasoning.

Hey, you still haven't answered my question about your hamstring injury in the other thread...

Yup, Saban is back on board as a scout, and this time he also has info on his former NFL players....sweet!

Also, he's at Bama...emagine the talent he'll be sending up the next few years.....Damn I just got the chills, lol.

Yes out of the 13 potential picks that Saban might have weighed in on, 4 have amounted to anything. Less than 25% success rate....

I guess that might be considered a good thing,

Don't forget Eric Alexander.

Saban could have also had input on Tom Brady, Matt Light, TJ Turner, Greg Robinson-Randall, David Givens, Brock Williams, David Nugent, Jabari Holloway, Ben Watson, Guss Scott and Cedric Cobbs.

Seriously, the whole "Nick Saban" influence is drastically over-rated.

I know you were not the author of the speculation itself. But, you have posted other comments about Jackson on here that make it seem like you just don't like the guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back