PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB Carlos Rogers should be available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't raise a red flag about Rogers if the Redskins would rather focus their attention on signing a guy (DeAngelo Hall) who was cut by the Raiders mid season? No thanks on Rogers. He hasn't lived up to the hype.

Last edited:
Redskins by Position: The Cornerbacks - Redskins Insider

Looks like he'll be moving on to a team willing to trade a #2 or #3 and give him a good size contract. Should be an option for us depending on the latter.

Breer made an interesting point last night - in 2006 we tried going cheap at WR, didn't get it done on the field then went out and fixed the problem. In 2008 we tried going cheap at DB and didn't get it don't on the field. Will they go out and get this fixed the same way ?
]

The only problem is that they didn't try to go cheap at CB. They tried to bring in that arsehole Ty Law and he dillied around with himself for 10 weeks before signing with the Jets..

I think that McFadden could be a better option than Rogers.

Caution about Rogers: He was always hurt. I work in DC talk to Redskins fans and listen to sports radio everyday and the consensus is that Rogers only plays when he is 100%. Which you never are when the season progresses. He missed a lot of practice and game time. He is good when he plays, but is barely on the field. Everybody was frustrated with him over here and they certainly welcomed DeAngelo Hall when he came to town.

We don't need another Tyrone Poole.

There is a surefire way to fix the secondary. Its called Asomugha. Oakland may not let him go and even if they do he won't come cheap but put him in with Hobbs, Wheatley, and Wilhite and we have a secondary to be feared. I know a lot of people don't believe that the Pats will sink $$$ into a corner as they refused to do so with Asante but Asomugha is the real thing. He is way better than Asante could ever hope to be and the only corner that gives him a run for his money is a healthy Champ Bailey.

There is a surefire way to fix the secondary. Its called Asomugha. Oakland may not let him go and even if they do he won't come cheap but put him in with Hobbs, Wheatley, and Wilhite and we have a secondary to be feared. I know a lot of people don't believe that the Pats will sink $$$ into a corner as they refused to do so with Asante but Asomugha is the real thing. He is way better than Asante could ever hope to be and the only corner that gives him a run for his money is a healthy Champ Bailey.

As awesome as Bailey is he takes a backseat to Nhamdi imo.

I think we should try and sign Greer (from Buf) or Robinson (from Hou) before we go give up a pick and a contract for Rogers (although Rogers is better than both of those guys I mentioned)... what we REALLY should have done is courted DeAngelo Hall hard when he was cut, and at least tried to trade for Fabian Washington, both of whom were much much better after leaving Oakland (quite a trend).

I think signing one of the top tier DB's Sean Jones, Greer, etc., and then drafting one in the top two rounds should take care of our secondary for a while, especially if we can shore up the pass rush (which we should anyways with Adalius coming back, and the young'ns getting better)

Last edited:
As awesome as Bailey is he takes a backseat to Nhamdi imo.
I agree completely. As good as Bailey is he can be beaten on a long play. Asomugha simply does not.

I'd really like to see him at the Patriots. I'd really really like to see him at the Patriots as a matter of fact.

That rules out one half of the field for quarterbacks to throw too.

Isn't the reason the Skins want to get rid of Rogers is because he sucks and/or is injury prone? Pass. I'd rather offer a pick to the Raiders for the right to negotiate with Asomugha.

Isn't the reason the Skins want to get rid of Rogers is because he sucks and/or is injury prone? Pass. I'd rather offer a pick to the Raiders for the right to negotiate with Asomugha.

Id be tempted to offer a 1st and a 2nd if we receive something for Cassel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes