PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carucci: Peppers close to going to NE for #34 [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rock at breaking news ! First Cassel, now this...
Care less about your own ego and more on supplying mor einformation.

What is your freaking point? Where does it say Taylor or Dent were referred to as an "Elephant"? Dean was called the original Elephant in SAN FRANCISCO as I said earlier, but Haley was the most publicized "Elephant".

Do you have any reading comprehension?

You may have heard it misused by a sportscaster, but I don't recall it from the 80's. It became popular with Haley.

Dean was the original in 1981. I saw a whole segment on Dent as the Elephant rushing from different positions on the 1986 SB pregame.

Obviously it's on tape somewhere, but I don't have the time nor the inclination to find it and put it on youtube for you.

If you really need me to google it for you, I can find many instances of LT being referred to as the elephant...just let me know.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dean was the original in 1981. I saw a whole segment on Dent as the Elephant rushing from different positions on the 1986 SB pregame.

Obviously it's on tape somewhere, but I don't have the time nor the inclination to find it and put it on youtube for you.

If you really need me to google it for you, I can find many instances of LT being referred to as the elephant...just let me know.:rolleyes:

Please, google me LT the Elephant. I'm dying to know.

Jesus, man. Give it up. "Elephant" is a 4-3 term, and it's from SF. If some moronic sportscaster happened to call some the term by mistake, who cares. Your quoting of me not recalling it from the 80's is classic. I know all about Dean, but like I said HALEY was the most popular/best remembered Elephant. Referring to a 3-4 OLB as an "Elephant" is just messed up.

You do realize that most of those terms are derived from your position name, right? The legend goes that they called Dean that because he "looked like an Elephant", but it's also likely because he played End and they designated the rush End as the "Elephant". Some teams designate their Field End or Field Safety as the "Falcon" and the Boundary End or Boundary Safety as a "Bomber" or similar verbiage. Sam, Willie, Mike, Wes, Steve etc...

Or didn't you know?

Quick, draw up the "46" front they ran and tell me where Dent lined up. Were they in Double Eagle? ****ed End? SS on the LOS?

I'm dying to know.

Last edited:
Quick, draw up the "46" front they ran and tell me where Dent lined up. Were they in Double Eagle? ****ed End? SS on the LOS?

I'm dying to know.

But I told you I'm not a football expert. You even put it in your sig.

I'm just a casual fan of the Patriots since 1961.

BACKTALK; L.T. - The New York Times

The San Francisco 49ers define his type as an elephant -- bigger than a normal linebacker, too small for a defensive end. In his 13 National Football League seasons, which ended with his retirement last Sunday, Lawrence Taylor was an elephant, a tiger, a terror, the man who defined the position of outside linebacker and was simply the best to have played there

Dent lined up at either end, tackle and linebacker, from what I read. I don't diagram plays, I watch football for entertainment.

Last edited:
recap last 20 pages, plz.

recap last 20 pages, plz.

Peppers is close to signing! :singing:

Or not! :mad:

Also, elephants have only existed for a few years and were invented when Buddy Ryan mated with Lawrence Taylor.

The San Francisco 49ers define his type as an elephant

Like I said. Good lord, you are a thick one, aren't you?

I don't know, I usually check my facts before i spout off. You've said 10 to 20 things then tried to backtrack.

Elephant? Isn't that a Pete Carroll 3-4 term? Yuck.STFU.

Then, it wasn't a Pete Carrol term it was Charles Haley, but never used in the eighties, then it was in the 80's, but only Fred Dean etc. etc. lol.

It is pretty amusing.

When did I say I was a football coach, by the way?

Please put, "When did I say I was a football coach?" in your sig too, OK?:D

Also, elephants have only existed for a few years and were invented when Buddy Ryan mated with Lawrence Taylor.

Do you they have elephants in China?

Do you they have elephants in China?

A few hundred in the wild. Here's an interesting story:

Elephant passes giant stool after falling sick
2008-10-17 - Hunan, China

An elephant with a blocked intestinal tract was rescued and relieved after more than seven hours of treatment at Changsha Zoo in Hunan province on Sunday. After honey helped reduce swelling in the Asian elephants stomach, the 3.2-m-tall specimen finally passed a stool weighing 7 kg with a length of 40 cm and a diameter of 20 cm. The 17-year-old elephant, Pa Mai, had fallen to the ground in pain several times on Sunday afternoon before 20 zoo staff moved it indoors for treatment.

The Blind Side is fundamentally about how changes in the business of football -- the rise of blind side "elephant" pass rushes like Lawrence Taylor and Chris Doleman and the simultaneous rise of the short passing game (the West Coast Offense) -- can change the value of different attributes.

The Blind Side (Main Page)

Amazon.com: The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game: Michael Lewis: Books

Last edited:

An elephant with a blocked intestinal tract was rescued and relieved after more than seven hours of treatment at Changsha Zoo in Hunan province on Sunday. After honey helped reduce swelling in the Asian elephants stomach, the 3.2-m-tall specimen finally passed a stool weighing 7 kg with a length of 40 cm and a diameter of 20 cm. The 17-year-old elephant, Pa Mai, had fallen to the ground in pain several times on Sunday afternoon before 20 zoo staff moved it indoors for treatment.

That must have been a relief. I think we have some Peppers blockage in the forum.

Jesus, man. Give it up. "Elephant" is a 4-3 term, and it's from SF. If some moronic sportscaster happened to call some the term by mistake, who cares. Your quoting of me not recalling it from the 80's is classic. I know all about Dean, but like I said HALEY was the most popular/best remembered Elephant. Referring to a 3-4 OLB as an "Elephant" is just messed up.

You do realize that most of those terms are derived from your position name, right? The legend goes that they called Dean that because he "looked like an Elephant", but it's also likely because he played End and they designated the rush End as the "Elephant". Some teams designate their Field End or Field Safety as the "Falcon" and the Boundary End or Boundary Safety as a "Bomber" or similar verbiage. Sam, Willie, Mike, Wes, Steve etc...

Or didn't you know?

Personally, i didnt know these things, and thanks for sharing. However, maybe try sharing info without coming across as an a**....just sayin :D

Wow. That's like 15.5 lbs.

Wow. That's like 15.5 lbs.

For an elephant, that doesn't seem that big. I've taken a good 6 pounder on several occasions, and I'm not even close to a close to 1/10th the size of an elephant. That elephant is a wuss. :singing:

:rofl: ha ha ha

What stands out to me is that maybe at this point, the Panthers don't care about getting all that cap space back.

Who are you going to spend it on?......32 JAG's? Extending Delhomme? Free foam finger night?

For an elephant, that doesn't seem that big. I've taken a good 6 pounder on several occasions, and I'm not even close to a close to 1/10th the size of an elephant. That elephant is a wuss. :singing:

After reading that I think I just "Chinese Elephanted" in my pants!!

:rofl::youtheman:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes