PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carucci: Pats remain interested in Peppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you show us a link?

Here you go...

Not sure if you need a twitter account to view it, they don't link to any thing either so it's hard to tell. I checked the radio stations site but didn't see anything there...

FWIW, via Twitter, just posted: PatriotsInsiderRUMOR: Julius Peppers to New England for Richard Seymour and a 2nd round pick? -- Carolina radio WFNZ

Probably BS, undeserving of a new thread until another source reports it...

That sounds pretty far-fetched.

There is a sports station with the call letters WFNZ in Carolina, but there is nothing on the web page about such a deal. It could just be some guy making a suggestion on the air, or it could just be a load of crap.

FWIW, via Twitter, just posted: PatriotsInsiderRUMOR: Julius Peppers to New England for Richard Seymour and a 2nd round pick? -- Carolina radio WFNZ

Probably BS, undeserving of a new thread until another source reports it...

I doubt it is true, but if it is I can see why they decided to pay Jarvis Green rather than cut him to save the cap room before he got his bonus (assuming it was a roster bonus which has been disputed).

That sounds pretty far-fetched.

There is a sports station with the call letters WFNZ in Carolina, but there is nothing on the web page about such a deal. It could just be some guy making a suggestion on the air, or it could just be a load of crap.

Even if it is true. I doubt they would have gotten it on the site that fast. I am dubious of the rumor, but the lack of it on their website isn't a clear debunking of the rumor.

Even if it is true. I doubt they would have gotten it on the site that fast. I am dubious of the rumor, but the lack of it on their website isn't a clear debunking of the rumor.

Agreed, that's a website run by a part-timer by the looks of things. Breaking news ought to show up when he gets home from school...

Richard Seymour and a second round pick for Julius Peppers would be a horrible trade. Listen, I want Peppers, but giving up Seymour is out of the question.

New England already got b****** slapped by KC with the Cassel trade, I don't want to see it happen again. Some reports are saying Carolina needs to get rid of Peppers, while there are other reports saying the Panthers want to retain him. However, Peppers does not want to stay and the Pats need to imprint that into the Panthers skull so the Panthers accept whatever is given to them. New England needs to put their foot down and tell the Panthers it's the #34 overall pick, take it or leave it. I can guarantee that the Panthers will fold, there's just too many reports saying Peppers is handcuffing them much like Cassel did.

Last edited:
BTW, I am increasingly believing it isn't all about the money for Peppers. I do think a change of scenery and a change at position (to extend his career) is more of a motivation than getting paid. I think he would get paid more with the Panthers than most other teams.

Richard Seymour and a second round pick for Julius Peppers would be a horrible trade. Listen, I want Peppers, but giving up Seymour is out of the question.

I am with you I think that favors the Panthers.

someone should put this on the front page for fun.........

Last edited:
Not even posted anywhere on a google or web search - Its a non existent rumor

New England already got b****** slapped by KC with the Cassel trade, I don't want to see it happen again. Some reports are saying Carolina needs to get rid of Peppers, while there are other reports saying the Panthers want to retain him. However, Peppers does not want to stay and the Pats need to imprint that into the Panthers skull so the Panthers accept whatever is given to them. New England needs to put their foot down and tell the Panthers it's the #34 overall pick, take it or leave it. I can guarantee that the Panthers will fold, there's just too many reports saying Peppers is handcuffing them much like Cassel did.

First, I don't neccessarily think it is a bad trade. It could be the last second the Pats have. Also, we don't know if Seymour would be back next year or if Belichick even wants him back. He had a good year last year, but a mediocre two the previous two years. Belichick has been great at determining when it is the best time to let players go and he might decide it is time for Seymour to go. If there is a cap next year, it is doubtful that Seymour will be back in 2010.

Second, I still don't think the Pats got fleeced by the Chiefs. The Pats wanted to move Cassel by a certain date and they took the best offer available. Only two teams wanted Cassel and one of them would have to pull off a three-way deal to get the trade done which rarely happens in the NFL.

I doubt the rumor is true, but it isn't all that horrible.

Last edited:
Trading Seymour in a contract year is STOOOPID.

Trading Seymour in a contract year is STOOOPID.

Not neccessarily. If they know they aren't going to resign him next year and can get good value, it is a good idea assuming they will need the franchise tag to keep either Wilfork or Mankins next year. If the Pats could get both guys under contract or there is no cap year (making Mankins RFA), they they could franchise and trade Seymour if they don't intend to keep him. Otherwise, they would have to let Seymour walk next year for nothing.

go to the panthers message board.

it was some guy on air who described himself as a "die hard pats fan" who made the SUGGESTION that this would be a good trade for everyone.

debunked.

good god i need this draft to come and go so we can just be done with these peppers rumors.

JULIUS PEPPERS WILL PLAY IN CAROLINA THIS YEAR

perhaps he will sign with us next year, but this year it isn't happening. i really can't wait until we move on.

go to the panthers message board.

it was some guy on air who described himself as a "die hard pats fan" who made the SUGGESTION that this would be a good trade for everyone.

debunked.

good god i need this draft to come and go so we can just be done with these peppers rumors.

JULIUS PEPPERS WILL PLAY IN CAROLINA THIS YEAR

perhaps he will sign with us next year, but this year it isn't happening. i really can't wait until we move on.

Why a "die hard pats fan" would want New England to take it in the shorts the way they would in that trade is beyond me, but I guess it really does take all kinds.

Why a "die hard pats fan" would want New England to take it in the shorts the way they would in that trade is beyond me, but I guess it really does take all kinds.

Dude, I heard Seymour's leg has fallen off. So if you think about it, the trade's not that bad...

I could see Woods and a second or Sey and a Third maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft