PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carter fined $15k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainzo

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread on this.

FOXBORO (CBS) – Patriots defensive end Andre Carter has been fined $15,000 by the NFL for his hit on Redskins quarterback Rex Grossman, according to a report.

ESPNBoston.com’s Mike Reiss, a frequent guest on Patriots Gameday and Sports Final, reports that Carter plans to appeal the fine.

In the third quarter of Sunday’s game, Carter was flagged for hitting Grossman below the knees, negating a Devin McCourty interception.

grossmancarter.jpg

I hate when people call hitting a QB below the knee the "Brady rule." It isn't the Brady rule it is the Carson Palmer rule.

and so it goes...

The picture has obviously been photoshopped because it clearly shows Carter hitting him above the knees. Damn that Newton and his Law of Gravity!

Goodell is out to Get Carter!

grossmancarter.jpg

I hate when people call hitting a QB below the knee the "Brady rule." It isn't the Brady rule it is the Carson Palmer rule.

So what do they call a hit above the waist? Oh yeah; a tackle.

Last edited:
and so it goes...

The picture has obviously been photoshopped because it clearly shows Carter hitting him above the knees. Damn that Newton and his Law of Gravity!

Goodell is out to Get Carter!

I understand the refs on the field throwing a flag as they saw the play live. The NFL fining Carter after watching the play on video? That is BS.

The fact it got flagged was ridiculous...the fact he's got fined is beyond ridiculous.

Godell running amok
Can't even get the call right after looking at that picture?
This Commish is doing his damndest to ruin the game

******* Roger ********** Goodell. He can go and **** his *********** **** and ****
:mad::mad::mad:

grossmancarter.jpg

Is that really the hit? I thought that the ball that McCourty picked was kind of a moonball, so the ball angle looks wrong. As always, I'm probably talking out my stinky parts.

Maybe that's what is wrong with our defense.

You can't have a defense with a bunch of scrubs.....

..b/c the defense is made of scrubs, they don't make a lot of money......

..b/c they don't make money, they don't want to get fined.....

..b/c they don't want to get fined, they must 'play it safe'....

..b/c they are 'playing it safe', they give up completions and yards....

In order to have an AGGRESSIVE defense, an owner must SPEND big on its players so they don't have the fear of being fined.

no that's not the right hit. The hit he was flagged on Grossman was going backward and Carter started at his hip and as Grossman kept going backward he slid down his body.

Appently a Defesive player is somehow got to magiclly glide with a QB going backwards to stay at the hip

"It's so difficult, because you're trying to play physical and fast," Carter said. "I can't control the fact this player moved a certain way [Carter's hit became low because Grossman moved at the last moment]. That's the frustrating part of it . . .

"The last thing I want to do is take out somebody's knee. I'm just playing football."

I said it was BS call then and I'll say it now - BS call and BS fine. Also the all on Fletcher on Brady was a BS call. But Fletcher was not fined.

Fine for Hall, none for Fletcher

Terrible call. Get out the Tony Eason wardrobe.

wait...is that a camera in the background???

MILLION DOLLAR FINE!!!!!FORFEIT 1ST ROUND PICK!!!!!

oh...it's just a form tackle being fined for not being a form tackle because if/then because why/where is how/when what happened and everything...ain't that right Rog????

Meh...can he appeal that?

That is utter BS. It didn't deserve a flag.

He is gonna appeal..

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

“It’s so difficult, because you’re trying to play physical and fast,” Carter said Friday. “I can’t control the fact this player moved a certain way. That’s the frustrating part of it.”

“The rules keep on getting more tighter and tighter, to the point where it’s like ‘How can we play football? How can this game still be physical?’ It’s just getting so difficult,” Carter said.

"I’ve always been a clean player," he said. "The last thing I want to do is take out somebody’s knee. I’m just playing football.”

This was a BULL**** call when it was made on the field, and a bigger BS call by the "league" (AKA God-dell) I watched this on replay several times....and what Carter did was make a PERFECTLY executed, TEXTBOOK tackle there. He got his arms around Grossman's ankles and took him down.....he DID NOT go for the knees. This rule is great if they call it against those defenders like Harrison/SUh who are trying to end a QB season or career....but getting ridiculously overutilized. And yes.....believe me, this rule was created to help Peyton, TFB, and several other elite QB's whom the NFL rely heavily on for ratings and revenue......F' Goodell....Merry Xmas!!!!

grossmancarter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST