PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carter Fined $15k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carter didn't deserve to be fined at all because the penalty was bogus to begin with. That was a Textbook tackle that Carter made and he was in mid air before the ball was released. Penalizing him was BS..

Is there room for an appeal?
Can't the patriots send tape evidence that he was in stride just as the ball was released? This is no worse than the hits TB in the Lions preseason game.

What was the call on the field...Driving the qb into the ground?

How should have Carter tackled Rivers?

He was supposed to cuddle him gently to the ground.

Seriously, though? I don't have a problem with the fine. It's probably about right; as Sciz said, the problem is that Garay wasn't fined a whole lot more. Those weren't even close to equivalent hits.

Last edited:
Is there room for an appeal?
Can't the patriots send tape evidence that he was in stride just as the ball was released? This is no worse than the hits TB in the Lions preseason game.
that really made me laugh this friday , thanks

He was supposed to cuddle him gently to the ground.

Seriously, though? I don't have a problem with the fine. It's probably about right; as Sciz said, the problem is that Garay wasn't fined a whole lot more. Those weren't even close to equivalent hits.

see i agree with this

the carter play wasn't as serious IMO as the garay low dive

are you kidding me??? I still don't get why he got penalised on that play and now he gets a fine???? this is unbelievable

Yep, can't defend Goodell any further.

I weep for the NFL and the game of football. I don't know how a coach is supposed to teach tackling on any level if you its no longer legal to make a perfect form tackle. I suppose I could have rationalized the actual penalty with an official thinking that Carter used the top of his helmet when he made contact.

However the league had the availability of all the film, and if they saw what I saw they SHOULD have seen that Carter hit Rivers with his FACEMASK just the way he was supposed to. Instead the league served notice that the game will continue to see the deterioration of the skill of tackling. A skill so badly lacking even today, that my hair stands on end several times a game.

I don't care about the money, I care about the MESSAGE that is being sent to every level of the game. I really didn't expect this result, I thought they had more sense

Carter's hit was PERFECT.

And it was 1000% LEGAL.

The Penalty was an ATROCITY.

And this fine is an ABOMINATION.

I sincerely hope that Goodell gets his ugly face burned off and his eyes gouged out.

I remember when I was ranting and raving about Jetdell way back in 2007...at that time I was a lonely voice in the wilderness...which is fine, I expected it...but I have stayed the course and lo and behold, today, a mere four years later,the Patriot fanbase sees exactly who this blot, this stain on our game really is.

Hopefully,in a few more years, my wild claims of organized white collar criminal activity involving this man and metro area NY/NJ business magnates will come to light.

Call me a nut...call me a blind squirrel...call me whatever you will...it is not about ME...it is all about this Omissioner and the things he is doing to radically change this sport for the worse.When a man fines one team a million dollars and forfeits their first round draft pick over a memo about camera placement, and then turns around and fines the head coach of a DIRECT COMPETITOR, by region and division, a mere pittance for wild obscene gestures in public, drunken behaviour and utter lack of respect for those around him,THAT is misfeasance.If he was a public official he'd be charged with malfeasance for these actions.

One thing has now become apparent to almost every intelligent fan of the sport of football...THIS man needs to go...either by force or by his own resignation. Enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes