PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can't believe the colts/cowboys lost !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBam39

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
they were the two biggest concerns to the pats winning it all.

of course, any team can beat anyone on any given sunday, but realistically, we just had our two biggest concerns eliminated without playing them!

a perfect season just became much, much more likely !!

uh...they might've concerned you.

I'd be more concerned about gb.

most fans considered the colts to have the best shot of knocking us off.

and the cowboys beat the packers, and played us tough for the first half when we played them, and would have been all geeked up for revenge.

but now, I mean I know the packers are playing great and will be tough, but they are less scary with depth of talent. we could lose, but we have a much better chance imho.

Thats what they get for taking the last month of the season off.

I agree.

but I don't think this has really sunk in yet.

I mean think about it.

no colts to play now.
no cowboys to play now.

if we can beat the chargers and the packers, we have perfection.

I was real worried about the colts game, but now...

I think it's all up to the pats just being prepared and executing.

how exciting is that to think about?

they were the two biggest concerns to the pats winning it all.

of course, any team can beat anyone on any given sunday, but realistically, we just had our two biggest concerns eliminated without playing them!

a perfect season just became much, much more likely !!
colts i can understand...what pat fan was worried about dallas? lol

I was actually really looking fwd to that colts game.
f'ing chargers.
I hope brady drops 50 on you for this.

I find it odd to think you're so worried about the Colts, but have no fear of the team that beat them twice this season???
Mainly because the Patriots already beat the Chargers.
38-14.
Week 2.
When it was warm.
It won't be warm for the AFCCG.
Pray that Rivers and LT can't play. The Chargers are much better than they were in week 2. (with new coaches and all...)
The Chargers have added Chris Chambers.
We're familiar with Chris Chambers.
Other than that, the Chargers are EXACTLY the same team. This "different team" stuff that we've been hearing makes no sense. Same players. Same coaches. Same team.

The Chargers have added Chris Chambers.
We're familiar with Chris Chambers.
Other than that, the Chargers are EXACTLY the same team. This "different team" stuff that we've been hearing makes no sense. Same players. Same coaches. Same team.

No. That's a very superficial analysis, and completely ignores what the Pats have proved twice (2001 and 2003): teams are more than the sum of their parts, and can be dramatically better at the end of the season than they were at the beginning. In 2003 the Pats were 2-2 after 4 games and ended up 17-2 on the season. This effect will only be made more dramatic with a new coaaching staff as in SD. This is not the same team.

dude, they are who we think they are, but we're not lettin' 'em off the hook.

if we can beat the chargers and the packers, we have perfection.

Why is everyone completely ignoring the Giants?

They were quite possibly *our* toughest game of the year. They have been playing well the past 3 weeks.

I think if we can get by the Chargers there is a decent chance for a rematch with the Giants. Especially if the cold front projected for this weekend hits GB too... did you see how poorly the Packers did in week 15 in the cold in Chicago?

Why is everyone completely ignoring the Giants?

They were quite possibly *our* toughest game of the year. They have been playing well the past 3 weeks.

Yep, they have. But I don't think Eli is consistent enough yet to go all the way.

Green Bay has the cheating type secondary that I don't like to play. They hold on every play and pass interfere constantly, and more importantly, they get away with it. They can cover, which Dallas couldn't do.

Favre, on the other hand, throws some questionable balls under pressure.

The Giants just may surprise him. The Seahens really sucked on defense and just plain gave up by the second half.

But the Giants are really really beat up so I doubt it. I think Packers go to the Superbowl.

No. That's a very superficial analysis, and completely ignores what the Pats have proved twice (2001 and 2003): teams are more than the sum of their parts, and can be dramatically better at the end of the season than they were at the beginning. In 2003 the Pats were 2-2 after 4 games and ended up 17-2 on the season. This effect will only be made more dramatic with a new coaaching staff as in SD. This is not the same team.

No kidding. The Chargers started out 1-3 and are now on 12-2 run winning their last 8 in a row. Anyone who thinks this is the same Chargers team that faced the Pats in game 2 is a fool.

Green Bay has the cheating type secondary that I don't like to play. They hold on every play and pass interfere constantly, and more importantly, they get away with it. They can cover, which Dallas couldn't do.

Favre, on the other hand, throws some questionable balls under pressure.

The Giants just may surprise him. The Seahens really sucked on defense and just plain gave up by the second half.

But the Giants are really really beat up so I doubt it. I think Packers go to the Superbowl.

i agree, al harris gets away with a lot of pass interference...

uh...they might've concerned you.

I'd be more concerned about gb.

WHY in heavens name are you concerned about Green Bay and what makes you think the Giants will not take Lord Favre out of the mix anyway.

A perfect weekend of football...Pats win and the Colts & Cowboys lose!!!!!!

No kidding. The Chargers started out 1-3 and are now on 12-2 run winning their last 8 in a row. Anyone who thinks this is the same Chargers team that faced the Pats in game 2 is a fool.

Even BB has admitted the Pats of 01 were the least talented of his teams and had no business winning that SB......Martz is the reason we won that game any sane Coach would have countered our strategy with his run game but Martz refused to accept he could not win with his vaunted passing strategy. It cost his team the game and eventually his job as well.

BB is no Martz he takes what ever the other team gives him and we will win handily as long as our guys do the jobs they are assigned to do.

This is the Playoffs its now a different game what did TB do to Jacksonville.....dink and dunk and run the ball, screens....only one pass over the top all game....tell me the last time you saw us do that for a whole game?

We played this type of game because it is what Jacksonville gave us because of how they chose to defend us, what ever the opposition takes away we counter and we have the talent and the discipline to still win the game.

So while all the experts mouth off on what one has to do to beat the Pats we will utilize our talent and our discipline to carve them up for the reality is no team can cover all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick