PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can you picture Lavar Arrington....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
in a Pats unifrom?? I think this guy is a tremendous player who got on the wrong side of Joe Gibbs.....but would be absolutely LETHAL on our team.....I know I heard that Miami is after him HARD (which I don't like to hear).....but what do you think? Any chance the Pats would make a run at the guy?
thanks

anyone?

stcjones said:
in a Pats unifrom?? I think this guy is a tremendous player who got on the wrong side of Joe Gibbs.....but would be absolutely LETHAL on our team.....I know I heard that Miami is after him HARD (which I don't like to hear).....but what do you think? Any chance the Pats would make a run at the guy?
thanks

anyone????

He would have to convince them that he is willing to do the donkey work, e.g. chip TEs at the line, cover people in zone and take up blockers for the sake of the team. He would also have to convince them that he wants to do the training, watch the tape and so on. He has the talent, no doubt, but the knock on him is apparently his character. Having said that, it was the same concern most of us (me included) had about Corey.

i thought he had no acl ligament

stcjones said:
thanks

Umm.. How do you figure that he would be a tremendous and lethal player on the Pats? The guy is a free-lancer. He doesn't play within a game plan. Its almost like he has an ego the size of Texas where he thinks he knows better than the coach. Kind of like Peyton Manning.

I think that the fact he is a free lancer and the fact that Arrington has the Postons as agents make it damn near impossible for him to be on the Patriots.

gomezcat said:
He would have to convince them that he is willing to do the donkey work, e.g. chip TEs at the line, cover people in zone and take up blockers for the sake of the team. He would also have to convince them that he wants to do the training, watch the tape and so on. He has the talent, no doubt, but the knock on him is apparently his character. Having said that, it was the same concern most of us (me included) had about Corey.
I think it would depend...I can see a lot of money wasted..so unlesss BB/SP thought it would be a good idea..I would pass..

DaBruinz said:
Umm.. How do you figure that he would be a tremendous and lethal player on the Pats? The guy is a free-lancer. He doesn't play within a game plan. Its almost like he has an ego the size of Texas where he thinks he knows better than the coach. Kind of like Peyton Manning.

I think that the fact he is a free lancer and the fact that Arrington has the Postons as agents make it damn near impossible for him to be on the Patriots.

Have a little faith in BB. What, you don't think he could make this guy a player? You don't think BB is man enough to take this project on?

I can't believe how much faith people have lost in this organization lately. It's stunny.

yeah, we are looking for guys with an IQ under 100 to run BB's simple little defense

Four words:

Kevin and Carl Poston

What's the over/under on how many times Arrington will be brought up during the offseason, until he's signed? 10? 20?

Hmm let's see, not the brightest bulb in the pack, doesn't listen to his coaches, doesn't run the play the way it is designed, has charecter issues, and is represented by the Postons, Bill, where are you going Bill I think we should talk to this guy..............................

FreeTedWilliams said:
Hmm let's see, not the brightest bulb in the pack, doesn't listen to his coaches, doesn't run the play the way it is designed, has charecter issues, and is represented by the Postons, Bill, where are you going Bill I think we should talk to this guy..............................
Just amazing...especially when the complex Ds are there..

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft