PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can the Pats Pitch A Perfect Game (Like the Jets Did Last Night?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well oiled machine?!? So Sanchez fumbled the ball or threw the INT by design? It was Ryan's master plan to let DeMarcus Ware dominate Wayne Hunter and sack Sanchez twice because he would get tired? Ryan played a rope a dope by getting down by two TDs a third of the way through the fourth because he knew that was the best position to win the game?

Your original premise was flawed and now you are just getting silly defending it. The Jets won because the Cowboys imploded, not because they played perfect football. In fact, Sanchez's fumble should have been the death nail in the Jets' coffin, but Romo needed to out bonehead Sanchez by throwing a perfect pass to Revis rather than just throwing the ball out of bounds.

Rex Ryan's Jets pulled off the greatest comeback in the history of America's Team and commited no penalties on the biggest stage of week #1. They have a perfect record and Patriot Nation in an uproar. What more could they possibly want? Sounds like a well-oiled machine to me.

Rex Ryan's Jets pulled off the greatest comeback in the history of America's Team and commited no penalties on the biggest stage of week #1. They have a perfect record and Patriot Nation in an uproar. What more could they possibly want? Sounds like a well-oiled machine to me.

LOL! I guess I am slow to get sarcasm. If this isn't sarcasm, it just sad.

It sounds like one, but it sure didn't look like one. I think you are ignoring a few details here. First of all, home game. Ours won't be. That has a big impact on penalties. Second, it is hard to commit penalties if the other team commits them first. Third, to commit a penalty it does have to be called on you.

I get what you are trying to say and while I can see some merit to your argument, you are looking the other way on a lot of things. The jets did show more discipline than the opposing team but I think that is about as far as you can take this.

Cameron Wake alone is good for drawing a couple of penalties a game. Whether he's getting guys to jump (he has the fastest get off in all of the NFL) or causing a hold, he typically draws multiple flags every week.

If I was going up against someone like that, I'd be a little jumpy too :eek:;) Maybe PATSNUTme's sig can give him a run! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes