PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Camp Battles: TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet you forget every time we went into 3 TE formation with Heath as the blocking FB maroney went over 100 yrds.

I don't understand this point at all. That is a short-yardage/goal line formation with Moss off the field. How many times in a game could the Pats be in this formation? Once or twice? And it would be designed to get a few yards. How could this be responsible for getting Maroney 100 yards? I must be missing what you are trying to say.

I don't understand this point at all. That is a short-yardage/goal line formation with Moss off the field. How many times in a game could the Pats be in this formation? Once or twice? And it would be designed to get a few yards. How could this be responsible for getting Maroney 100 yards? I must be missing what you are trying to say.

Moss was on the field in a lot of the three tight end formations last year as the only receiver. The second half of the game against the Chargers was predominantly using the three TE formation.

Everything was good until you said Heath Evans see half the snaps... Ouch.

I liked Thomas' potential when we drafted him, but he still has a lot to prove before we can pencil him in as a 'lock' for TE. I hope he shows us something in training camp, because a 'good hands' tight end can always help out an offense.
In that particular post (as opposed to many other, more wishful times I've posted) I wasn't arguing that Thomas would be a great TE or beat Watson in catches or anything like that. Only that he's a lock to make the team.

I get your argument and disagree not because Thomas has shown enough to be a lock, but that the coaching staff must believe in him, since they've brought in no significant competition for a position they value almost as highly as a DL. In other words, the tea leaves are shouting on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes