PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

California boy Sanchez does not like cold weather !

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone thought we'd trounce the packers when Matt Flynn stepped in for Rodgers. He was spot on.

So lets not under estimate the possibility of Sanchez having a good game. His receivers haven't had a problem getting open. I just want to see our team play a great game and put their best on the field. A meltdown scenario will send me into hiding after taking a baseball bat to my TV, radio and computers.

I'm more confident about this team than the 07 team looking at how they closed out the season. They also have a whole cast of players that show up for big games and have such great chemistry on and off the field. Can't say enough about their character.

Go Pats!!!

everyone thought we'd trounce the packers when Matt Flynn stepped in for Rodgers. He was spot on.

So lets not under estimate the possibility of Sanchez having a good game. His receivers haven't had a problem getting open. I just want to see our team play a great game and put their best on the field. A meltdown scenario will send me into hiding after taking a baseball bat to my TV, radio and computers.

I'm more confident about this team than the 07 team looking at how they closed out the season. They also have a whole cast of players that show up for big games and have such great chemistry on and off the field. Can't say enough about their character.

Go Pats!!!

Spot on?

The Packers ran the ball right down our throat. We happened to have 4 D-linemen out, if memory serves me correctly. I actually put the blame on the playcalling for Green Bay. If they stuck with the ground game, they win that game with ease. I was elated when that backup was dropping back.

This team turned the corner when we started stopping the run, its not a secret. The Packers game, along with the Browns loss were what happens when teams are able to run on our front 7.

I'd be MORE than happy to see Mick Sunchez throw the ball. If tomlinson is getting 5 yds a pop....it could be over for us.

Sanchez is the Green Beans' Achilles heel. He will be the key reason they lose Sunday.

There appears to be something to this?
Hopefully the NY press will ask him about it again and
psyche him out, so he goes out thinking,
"it won't bother me, it won't bother me..."

More info:

NY Post December 18, 2009
UGG! Sanchez gets special cold-weather helmet
"Going back to college at USC, Sanchez has never played in game with temperatures lower than 42 degrees."

Rich Cimini espn.go.com (undated item, looks like last year)
Sanchez in cold weather: Not so hot
Dec. 20, 2009 (29 degrees, 18 wind-chill) -- Atlanta, at home -- 1 TD, 3 INT, Loss
Jan. 3, 2010 (20 degrees, 4 wind-chill) -- Cincinnati, at home -- 0 TD, 0 INT, Win
Jan. 9, 2010 (21 degrees, 9 wind-chill) -- Cincinnati, at Cincy -- 1 TD, 0 INT, Win*
Nov. 25, 2010 (39 degrees, 34 wind-chill) -- Cincinnati, at home -- 1 TD, 1 INT, Win
Dec. 6, 2010 (27 degrees, 15 wind-chill) -- New England, at NE -- 0 TD, 3 INT, Loss

Metaphor's info, posted above
12/19 @ PIT W 22-17 19 29 65.5 170 5.9 0 0 81.1
12/26 @ CHI L 34-38 24 37 64.9 269 7.3 1 1 84.2

Cimini
Sanchez in cold weather: Not so hot - Jets Blog - ESPN New York

UGG! Sanchez gets special cold-weather helmet

So ... Rex Ryan has Mark Sanchez wearing Tom Brady's sponsored footwear on his head?

:rofl:

I was so focused on the cold weather issue,
I hadn't caught that.
:rolleyes:
Stranger than fiction.
Hopefully some snarky, bored reporter will ask if they still do that.
Kick up a little sand.
The more, the merrier.

Last edited:
I hope it's absolutely freezing out there on Sunday as well.

There've been several posts on this subject, however I dont weather will have any impact on him or the game. We need to bring our A game, and if we do we've got a good chance to win. If not, it's going to be a very tough game to win.

Cold or not, Jets will go down.

Shayne Graham doesn't like the playoffs.

He will be your downfall if you lose.

Shayne Graham doesn't like the playoffs.

He will be your downfall if you lose.

You signed up here to post THAT?! Our only concern is that he'll tire himself out from covering too many kickoffs.

You signed up here to post THAT?! Our only concern is that he'll tire himself out from covering too many kickoffs.

Over confidence much?

I actually think the Jets have a shot in this game.

This isn't a fraud team like in '06. These guys have a dominating oline, and you guys are missing two starting dlineman (Wright and Ty Warren I believe).

Looking at the box score hidden behind that 45-3 debacle was the fact that the Jets ran for 150+ yards at almost 5 yards a clip.

I think the Jets are going to line it up, and see if you can stop it.

That's may be very difficult for a team like the Pats, because they have no way of simulating it.

Over confidence much?

This isn't a fraud team like in '06. These guys have a dominating oline, and you guys are missing two starting dlineman (Wright and Ty Warren I believe).

Looking at the box score hidden behind that 45-3 debacle was the fact that the Jets ran for 150+ yards at almost 5 yards a clip.

That's may be very difficult for a team like the Pats, because they have no way of simulating it.

I was just responding to your nonsense. I'm no more overconfident than you are psychic enough to see this game coming down to a missed Patriots field goal.

I'm always curious about Green Beans fans' ability to rationalize actually liking that team with its motley collection of low-class mouthy criminals, morons and sexual perverts. Even your mascot, Ed the Angry Fire Elf, is in legal trouble. How do you do it?

Over confidence much?

...and why would we not be confident after what the Pats have been doing to the rest the league since the middle of Nov?

You are correct. The Jets have a shot.

Warren hasn't played a down all year and Wright has been out since late Nov. The team has not lost in Wright's absence.

Did you watch the game? Being up big, do you really think it makes sense to put 8 in the box in the 2nd 1/2 and late in the 3rd qtr?

Ok.

Right. The Pats haven't a clue on how to study and simulate the Jets running game.

Since Week 9, the Pats have the #1 scoring defense in the NFL. They lead the league in INTs. Sanchez completes about 46% of his throws on 3rd down. The Jets will get their running yards. The question is how will Sanchez convert on 3rd down and engineer 4-5 long drives that are required to beat the Patriots?

This is not Week 2. Thats ancient history.

Last edited:
I was just responding to your nonsense. I'm no more overconfident than you are psychic enough to see this game coming down to a missed Patriots field goal.

I'm always curious about Green Beans fans' ability to rationalize actually liking that team with its motley collection of low-class mouthy criminals, morons and sexual perverts. Even your mascot, Ed the Angry Fire Elf, is in legal trouble. How do you do it?

What is wrong with Rex and the Jets?

Is there some sort of unwritten law stating that you have to act like Bear Bryant and Bill Parcells?

Rex is his own man..... He's not worried about imitating anyone, and I do respect him for that.

This Jets team is fun to root for!!!!

Perhaps Mark will need some foot warmers.

Cue Mr. and Mrs Ryan.

Over confidence much?

The Jets were down 17 with 50 minutes to play in the game. The Patriots would gladly let them run the ball as much as they wanted. These 150 yards don't tell the whole story, and if you think they do, then the Jets don't stand a chance, because I wouldn't count on them running for 200 this time.

Sanchez was abysmal Saturday night. This wasn't a case where a QB was pressured all night long. There were plenty of instances where he had time, had an open receiver, and just missed him pure and simple.

I will give him credit for performing very well on that final drive. But if we get the same Sanchez that showed up Saturday, then this game won't come down to the final possession.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents