PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

California boy Sanchez does not like cold weather !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez was abysmal Saturday night. This wasn't a case where a QB was pressured all night long. There were plenty of instances where he had time, had an open receiver, and just missed him pure and simple.

I will give him credit for performing very well on that final drive. But if we get the same Sanchez that showed up Saturday, then this game won't come down to the final possession.

In the first half they were having some pass protection problems. Rex said so himself.

I'm not a delusional Jets fan. I do think Sanchez is a bad QB right now, but I do think the guy has some promise.

He has arm strength, pocket presence, mobility, and quick release. His problem is accuracy. His decision making has improved, but he's just an inaccurate QB.

Do any of you know anything about throwing the ball? Can accuracy improve???

His shoulder injury is also probably worse than he's letting on, however the guy is not Chad Pennington. He was slinging it like Favre.

The Jets were down 17 with 50 minutes to play in the game. The Patriots would gladly let them run the ball as much as they wanted. These 150 yards don't tell the whole story, and if you think they do, then the Jets don't stand a chance, because I wouldn't count on them running for 200 this time.

I don't know about that. The Jets ran the ball well during the first meeting too.

If I recall correctly, we had a strange game plan. I believe Schotty opened that game with Sanchez in the no huddle.

In the first half they were having some pass protection problems. Rex said so himself.

I'm not a delusional Jets fan. I do think Sanchez is a bad QB right now, but I do think the guy has some promise.

He has arm strength, pocket presence, mobility, and quick release. His problem is accuracy. His decision making has improved, but he's just an inaccurate QB.

His shoulder injury is also probably worse than he's letting on, however the guy is not Chad Pennington. He was slinging it like Favre.
You're right. Chad Pennington was quite a good QB. Mark Sanchez shoulder injury or not is below average.

You're right. Chad Pennington was quite a good QB. Mark Sanchez shoulder injury or not is below average.

I agree.....

Right now Chad is way better than Sanchez..

Doesn't take away from my point.

Sanchez has a stronger arm.

I'm not a delusional Jets fan.

If you're excited about the Jets rushing for 150 yards in a 45-3 loss, then I think you just may be a delusional Jets fan.

NY certainly has a shot to win this game, but don't go looking for hope anywhere in that game. They were pathetic.

The Jets had a good game plan last meeting. One or two things shake out differently early the game would have been much closer. Now the point is. Sanchez needs to have success. Success early on in the game passing the ball. They need to put NE in their subpackage. They'll be able to run the ball when we are in nickle. Sanchez needs to make some plays early in the passing game for the Jets to win this game.
He has'nt proven that he can deliver in these situation, yet. But, he'll have to if the Jets are going to win.
Here are two stat lines.

Sanchez 16 of 20 for 2td and 1int = win
Sanchez 18 of 33 for 2td and 1int = loss

Last edited:
Oh, well Rex said it so it must be true! :rofl: :rofl:

I watched the game and I know what I saw: For about 58 minutes, the guy missed a lot of open receivers. And I don't mean he missed them by a little; he missed them by a lot.
A QB's "promise" is a great discussion to have in May and June, but I'm a little more focused on the short term right now.

Last edited:
The Jets had a good game plan last meeting. One or two things shake out differently early the game would have been much closer. Now the point is. Sanchez needs to have success. Success early on in the game passing the ball. They need to put NE in their subpackage. They'll be able to run the ball when we are in nickle. Sanchez needs to make some plays early in the passing game for the Jets to win this game.
He has'nt proven that he can deliver in these situation, yet. But, he'll have to if the Jets are going to win.
Here are two stat lines.

Sanchez 16 of 20 for 2td and 1int = win
Sanchez 18 of 33 for 2td and 1int = loss

Hit the nail on the head...

Especially with the pass attempts.

It will have to be like that Giants vs Bills superbowl. BB knows about that as he was defensive coordinator for the Giants.

Basically, the Giants slowed down the K-Gun offense by controlling the clock. Bills only had the ball for 19 minutes. Subsequently they only scored 19 points.

When Kelly had the ball in last in the first half he scored a TD to make it 12-3. By the time Kelly got the ball back (He was waiting for almost 1.5 hours) it was 17-12 Giants.

This team is nothing like the Pats teams that won the Super Bowl. They are not nearly as physical, and have proven that they are extremely vulnerable if the passing game is not clicking.

This is why the Patriots have not won since 2004, and this is what would worry me if I was a Pats fan.

does anyone actually like cold weather? I mean honestly. I tolerate it....but I phucking hate it.

This team is nothing like the Pats teams that won the Super Bowl. They are not nearly as physical, and have proven that they are extremely vulnerable if the passing game is not clicking.

This is why the Patriots have not won since 2004, and this is what would worry me if I was a Pats fan.

You're wrong. This team is much closer to the 2004 team than any other team since. We Pats fans have marveled at it all season long. We cut ties with Randy Moss and our offense went back to what it used to be - take what the defense gives you and find the open receiver. Steady, but not terribly flashy running game. On D, we are young, so we started out not so great, but the D has steadily improved as the season has gone on, and we have a stud corner like we used to. The only thing we are still missing is a great pass rush, but BB has worked around it.

And when, may I ask, have the Pats been "extremely vulnerable?" In week 2 against the Jets, when Moss was still a focus of the O? In a fluke game against Cleveland where nothing was working, either on O or D? And, while we have not "won" the Superbowl since 2004, we have made it to the playoffs every year since, except when we missed on a tie breaker with a back-up QB and an 11-5 record in 2008. Last year was our worst year when we finished 10-6 and were a shocking 1 and done in the playoffs. If you think THAT loss hasn't stuck with Brady, BB and co. you'd be wrong again.

We're not worried because we haven't "won" since 2004. We're a little nervous, as we should be for "any given Sunday," but we like our chances.

I hope it is real cold next Sunday.......

Good weather or bad weather.... I am sure there will be doubt in his head
after his performance in December in Foxboro and his shaky performance
in Indy last week.

The extended forcast for Sunday has a high temp of 31f and a low of
21f.

6 to 10 Day Extended Weather Forecast for Foxboro -weather.com

2009 - Sanchez had a touchdown to interception ratio of 3 touchdown and
13 interceptions in 2009 with temp less than 50-f.

Sanchez had a good/not great playoff game aginst the Bengals in the cold.
New York Jets 24 at Cincinnati Bengals 14 - Saturday, January 9, 2010
Weather: 19 degrees, relative humidity 82%, wind 9 mph, wind chill 8
Sanchez - 12-15 182 yards - 1 TD.

He played his other two playoff games in Sandiego and Indy which
weather was not a issue.

Regular season games - 2009

Atlanta Falcons 10 at New York Jets 7 - Sunday, December 20, 2009
Weather: 27 degrees, relative humidity 62%, wind 21 mph, wind chill 13
Sanchez - 18-32 - 226 yards - 1 - TD - 3 INT

New York Jets 14 at New England Patriots 31 - Sunday, November 22, 2009
Weather: 47 degrees, relative humidity 69%, wind 11 mph
Sanchez -8-21 - 136 yards - 1 TD - 4 INT

Carolina Panthers 6 at New York Jets 17 - Sunday, November 29, 2009
Weather: 48 degrees, relative humidity 50%, wind 10 mph
Sanchez - 13-17 - 154 yards - 1 INT

Buffalo Bills 16 at New York Jets 13 - Sunday, October 18, 2009
Weather: 46 degrees, relative humidity 73%, wind 17 mph
Sanchez - 10-29 - 119 yards - 5 INT

Football Reference does not have the temps listed for 2010 yet.
Here are the games that were probably in cold weather.

In four games Sanchez played in cold weather cities in December 2010
he has a 1 touchdown and 5 interceptions.

New York Jets 34 at Chicago Bears 38 - Sunday, December 26, 2010
Sanchez - 24-37 - 269 yards - 1 TD - 1 int.

New York Jets 22 at Pittsburgh Steelers 17 - Sunday, December 19, 2010
Sanchez - 19-29 yards

Miami Dolphins 10 at New York Jets 6 - Sunday, December 12, 2010
Sanchez - 17 - 44 - 216 yards - 1 int

New York Jets 3 at New England Patriots 45 - Monday, December 6, 2010
Sanchez - 17-33 - 164 yards - 3 int

The game will be played after dark, so the temps should be in the 20's.

Bring on the cold......

Thanks for doing all that work! You can bet some mediot who reads the thread will rip you off and use it in his reporting.

Over confidence much?

I actually think the Jets have a shot in this game.

This isn't a fraud team like in '06. These guys have a dominating oline, and you guys are missing two starting dlineman (Wright and Ty Warren I believe).

Looking at the box score hidden behind that 45-3 debacle was the fact that the Jets ran for 150+ yards at almost 5 yards a clip.

I think the Jets are going to line it up, and see if you can stop it.

That's may be very difficult for a team like the Pats, because they have no way of simulating it.

Overconfidence does not come wrapped in 45-3 wins at home a month ago. Basically, the Pats average 31 points per game and the question here is whether the opposing offense can keep up. With Sanchez at QB, where would you place your confidence in this one? Matter of fact, Baltimore Oriole-Jets breath, how would you rank the QBs of the 4 remaining AFC teams? Now, how would you rank them in the cold? Does Sanchez ever make it out of the 4the position? No?

You cite a running game in a 45-3 loss as an advantage. Go for it. The Pats are just fine against the run and give up the 8-9 yard gains in change of pace situations on passing downs. Crank up 150 yards on the ground while Brady lights up the defense and you're down 17-3 before you know it and looking at Sanchez in the cold to help you catch up. The Pats cannot simulate a running game? Do you even pay attention? BJGE is a 1,000 yard rusher and Danny Woodhead the biggest surprise of the season in the NFL. Maybe the Jets have a message board where what you offer makes sense.

Last edited:
Did someone mention cold weather!!??

Greetings from sunny Buffalo, New York. I'm here to let you all know that I hope your boys shove Rex Ryan's words right in his fat mouth...and I hope that none of you feel guilty about running up the score to win by 40.

This Jets team is the most obnoxious team I can remember. If you're going to run your mouth endlessly, you'd better be able to back it up. However, setting up human walls with the intent to injure any other player is just outright classless and embarrassing to football fans everywhere.

I love how Ryan called Brady out for going to that Broadway show instead of watching the game. I'm pretty sure that Brady's paycheck allows him such luxuries as cable television and DVR...plus I'd have to guess that somewhere in the Pat's facilities, there's a place to sit down and study some game film. Call me crazy.

Anyway...not here to pretend that I'm a fan...just hoping to see that fat pig humiliated in front of millions this weekend.

Re: Did someone mention cold weather!!??

Greetings from sunny Buffalo, New York. I'm here to let you all know that I hope your boys shove Rex Ryan's words right in his fat mouth...and I hope that none of you feel guilty about running up the score to win by 40.

This Jets team is the most obnoxious team I can remember. If you're going to run your mouth endlessly, you'd better be able to back it up. However, setting up human walls with the intent to injure any other player is just outright classless and embarrassing to football fans everywhere.

I love how Ryan called Brady out for going to that Broadway show instead of watching the game. I'm pretty sure that Brady's paycheck allows him such luxuries as cable television and DVR...plus I'd have to guess that somewhere in the Pat's facilities, there's a place to sit down and study some game film. Call me crazy.

Anyway...not here to pretend that I'm a fan...just hoping to see that fat pig humiliated in front of millions this weekend.

Loved this part! Great post lol...

Haha...thanks Kid Brady. I love hoodies and boobies too.

Being a Bills fan, I'd much rather be here to talk some rivalry trash...but kinda pointless when your team has sucked for over a decade!!

If I were a Pats fan, I would feel pretty good right now. I looked at the their schedule a few days ago, and see that you've put up like 30+ for 9 straight weeks now, and have an 8 game win streak...and no longer have to worry about which manic/moody Randy Moss will show up on Sunday.

Have to admit that I might be a little scared of the Falcons...but to be honest, I don't think I've seen them play this year. Not sure how things are in Boston, but here in Buffalo we seem to be force fed New York Giants or Dallas Cowboys games during the slots where the Bills aren't playing.

Lol well trust me, we dont HATE the Bills or their fans at all, atleast I dont. Its only the Jests that I hate. I actually like Buffalo and what they did this year, I love watching Fitz play. Good QB. I'm sure your team will be much better next season now that your team has a decent QB under center.

This offense has evolved more than we all expected. I surely didn't see this coming. The Falcons do look nice but honestly, the Packers scare me more than any other team in the NFC. Rodgers looked good and that rookie RB was a beast!

Yeah, there's really not much of a rivalry between the Bills and Pats. During your stretch here since '01, we've been pretty irrelevant. Bills and Pats basically have never been good at the same time...not in my lifetime anyway. When I think of a rivalry, I think of Dan Marino always crying like a baby when the schedule would send him up here in December!!

Yes, Pats offense was surprising...and nice to see a fellow Buffalo boy (Gronkowski) having a great rookie season. Funny you should mention Starks and the Packers. He's another local guy, so it was pretty cool to see him tear it up Sunday. The Packers are definitely better than their record shows. Two tough losses when Rodgers was out.

As for the Bills...Fitz is an improvement for sure, and being a Harvard guy he's supposedly one of the smartest guys in the league. Not sure that I'm sold on him being our future...but we'll see. He'd be a great guy to learn from though if we end up drafting one of these kids in April. Yeah, we only won 4 games this year...but at least we're fun to watch again and just maybe we're headed in the right direction for once. A decade of terrible drafts, bad coaching, and a meddling owner...great loyal fans here deserve better.

Chad was an above average QB before the injuries. Can't say that about Chez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back