PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cable without NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galeb

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
As much as I love FIOS, they don't offer any packages that include the channels I want without the NFL network. Does anyone know of a provider, whether cable or satellite, that offers a package with HBO and BBC without the NFL network?

I have Comcast for my provider and NFLN comes separate in a sports package for me. HBO is a separate subscription as well.

HA, I went cold turkey and cut the cord completely in Feb right after the SB49. It is so peaceful now and no more listening and watching the shills :)

HA, I went cold turkey and cut the cord completely in Feb right after the SB49. It is so peaceful now and no more listening and watching the shills :)
I would go straight internet, but my other half won't allow it. That said, I would miss Game of Thrones and BBC America.

As much as I love FIOS, they don't offer any packages that include the channels I want without the NFL network. Does anyone know of a provider, whether cable or satellite, that offers a package with HBO and BBC without the NFL network?
Does someone come to your house and hold you hostage and force you to put NFL Network on?

Does someone come to your house and hold you hostage and force you to put NFL Network on?
Nice post, but no. Money spent on a package that includes the NFLN puts money directly into the NFL's pocket, which is something I will no longer do.

LOL, that's usually how I feel when someone is complaining about BSPN, or any other hacks sports channel. Why bother watching and then jacking up your blood pressure and stress levels. I prefer to stay blissfully ignorant... works like a charm !

No, but money spent on a package that includes the NFLN puts money directly into the NFL's pocket.

Just cut the cord man... its worth it ! see if you can get BBC america and others in streaming or atleast take a break in summer until the next season rolls in .

Nice post, but no. Money spent on a package that includes the NFLN puts money directly into the NFL's pocket, which is something I will no longer do.
So you are 100% boycotting the NFL?

Getting there. I still watch Pats games, at least until BB and Brady retire.
I never understood that point of view. If you enjoy NFL football, why would you 'punish them' by eliminating your own enjoyment? Its not like you actual exact any damage to the league by not watching.

I never understood that point of view. If you enjoy NFL football, why would you 'punish them' by eliminating your own enjoyment? Its not like you actual exact any damage to the league by not watching.
It's not about punishing anyone, and I don't expect you to understand.

LOL, that's usually how I feel when someone is complaining about BSPN, or any other hacks sports channel. Why bother watching and then jacking up your blood pressure and stress levels. I prefer to stay blissfully ignorant... works like a charm !
Ignorant of ignorance.......HMMM Sounds good to me.

I went part time cable in 2003. Football season. After the 2007 season, I was done. I felt like I was paying to be abused.

Over the years finding whatever I wish to watch has become easier. There are more sources than ever, and in good quality. So one does not need to download or go to pirate feeds. There are now more of these live feeds on webpages than ever before.

You might find yourself becoming a fan of Aussie football, for example. Or Dart tournaments, or every darn thing that folks do everywhere, it is on. Actual sports.
Finding it requires becoming more savvy at search terms.

My wish to watch faded as I became more distanced from it. Ignorance is bliss, I don't know what is on, so I don't miss it. And I have to admit I had not realized how much promos etc. had built me up to want to see this or that. I thought i was above all that. Nope.

The vast majority is now long forgotten.

The repeated habit of sitting and clicking reinforced more and more of that behavior.

The single real change is deciding to watch it on your own time. The good stuff gets promoted, both in conversation and online. The Wire is an example of an early catch of something that I had missed. So it is not necessary to miss anything, you just time shift it.

Expect more free time, as the "need" to see all this and that withers away.

I am happier, more relaxed, less influenced by those expert influencers. An unexpected bonus. I never realized how much noise it introduced into my life. Cable news arguments were a bad habit, now gone. Same with the churning of grievances, the cycle of building them up to tear them down that media has always been, and that ESPN has become. On Multiple channels.

I don't miss it, I am better off without it. So i highly recommend it.
Savings has been $600 or so a year now, totaling about 10 years.

New habits will take some time to become normal. Experience finding stuff takes an adjustment.

Downloading and watching at a designated time, or heading to amazon, Hulu and netflix can replace the ritualistic "something to do together" thing for couples.

reddit is a great source for info on what is good, what might be worth your time. Most of it is not.

A new experience with the Wire. I got heavily into it, and watched 5 years of the Wire over about three weeks. The effect was a level of immersion similar to the experience of a great book.

This has since become a new bad habit for some. Watching marathon batches of "The Battling Battleaxes" or some such. So new bad habits are available.

We can always find new bad habits, eh?

Last edited:

Normally that's the proper logic. But then, I left MLB and the Red Sox and it hasn't had an affect on them, but it has on me. I feel much better knowing that I'm not putting anything emotionally into the game.

Sounds suspicious you're cutting the cord right after the report....hand over your phone immediately!

9u2kv5.jpg

Sounds suspicious you're cutting the cord right after the report....hand over your phone immediately!

LOL, under rog, it can very well happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes