PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buying tickets to away games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are adventurous you can try this. Over the years I've been to several Jets/Pats games in NJ. I have a friend from NJ who has made a hobby of going to events without tickets and getting in. He's a big Raider fan, but loves going to games. We'd meet up at his house and head to the game. There would always be people in the parking lot looking to sell tickets. Thus far we've never missed getting tickets and have never paid more than face value.

I've only done it for Jets game, but he told me that its even easier to get tickets in Miami. Just a thought. Good luck.

In the 80s and also the 90s before Parcells I was always able to pick a nice sunny game day, drive to Sullivan stadium, parking for free in the nearby woods and pick up cheap game tickets in the parking lot with good seats. OK, so the teams mostly sucked, but if it was a W (always the case 100% of the time with Flutie) the place rocked.

As I no longer live in the Boston area, I see a lot of games on the road. I have used the NFL TicketExchange and StubHub without any issues. I've been able to get good seats. I also have a few numbers of ticket people at Seattle, Oakland, etc that I can call.

Really? They sell out the rooms? Maybe we'll stay out in Milwaukee or someplace in between.

I'd think that if you stayed somewhere in between, you should be just fine. Even staying in Milwaukee, as you suggest, would be a worst case scenario. You're a world renown traveler. You're well versed at this stuff ;)

I've been the last two years (Jacksonville, Charlotte). For the Jags game I bought very good tickets on Jaguars.com. The Panther game, I was in a lux box, had to buy a $400 seat that I never even saw, but it got me admission to the box.

StubHub is usually good, I really don't want to make the 8 hour drive to Miami, so I might come north to see the family and catch one in Foxboro this year.

I'm thinking of making the trip up to Arrowhead this year. I've heard nothing but good things about it..

You will LOVE Arrowhead - it is LOUD and an excellent place to see a game. I wish the game was later in the season, but Arrowhead will not disappoint. I would love to go to a game there when they are playing the Raiders - I've heard stories.

Wish I could get to Lambeau - I will definitely get there next time - whenever that may be. That is my #1 place to see a game - Arrowhead easily #2. One day, I will come back and see a game at Gillette - haven't been to the new stadium yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back