PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler is trying to convince Bodden to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodden is prob. 50/50. Texans looking for a replacement to Robinson.

If he leaves Butler gets valuable experience and is better than him by year end. Why draft guys at all if you won't play them.:rolleyes:

Re: Butler is trying to convince Bodden to stay.

I think that poster was talking about the 5 INTs, forgetting that three of them came against Mark Sanchez in an awful performance. Who didn't intercept him?

This is a weak argument, one that I see raised frequently to downplay the significance of Bodden's INTs or TBC's sack totals.

Fact is, if you look at pretty much every player who accumulates similar types of stats, they disproportionately come against bottom-tier teams. Just look to the breakdown of Samuel's INTs from last year for corroborating evidence.

I see BB going after Phillip Buchanon .. w/ the same kind of deal that Bodden had last year ..

This is a weak argument, one that I see raised frequently to downplay the significance of Bodden's INTs or TBC's sack totals.

Fact is, if you look at pretty much every player who accumulates similar types of stats, they disproportionately come against bottom-tier teams. Just look to the breakdown of Samuel's INTs from last year for corroborating evidence.

My comment was not disrespecting Bodden so much as it was to make fun of Sanchez. Like I've said in multiple posts, I want the guy and I think he's a very good cornerback, especially considering the others that are currently on our roster. I want him in a NE uniform. However, I don't at all believe that he's an elite cornerback. Also, I, like you, have made the same analysis when looking at player statistics, so I totally understand the point that you raised.

I see BB going after Phillip Buchanon .. w/ the same kind of deal that Bodden had last year ..

I certainly don't and I certainly hope not.

If Bodden goes, that leaves us with Butler and Whilhite as our starting cornerbacks? Ouch...

If Bodden goes, that leaves us with Butler and Whilhite as our starting cornerbacks? Ouch...

Per NFLN, this year's draft is the deepest in decades. Based on this analysis, why does this thread assume that having 4 in the top 53 picks would not:

Allow for picks in the second round that is first round talent in other years?

Allow for a trade since another team could get first round talent for second round money?

Satisfy the patsfans.com cry for a passrusher who will make DB's look like superstuds.

Maybe as second and first year players, the CB's might actually improve since rookies do tend to do that otherwise they really wouldn't be rookies.

Then BB would not have learned from his past mistakes with CB's. All the Duane Starks, Deltha O'neals, Fernando Bryant's, Chad Scott's and the list goes on then you finally get one that pans out and you just let him walk so we can try out other run of the mill CBs like Buchanon hoping he fits.

Per NFLN, this year's draft is the deepest in decades. Based on this analysis, why does this thread assume that having 4 in the top 53 picks would not:

Allow for picks in the second round that is first round talent in other years?

Allow for a trade since another team could get first round talent for second round money?

Satisfy the patsfans.com cry for a passrusher who will make DB's look like superstuds.

Maybe as second and first year players, the CB's might actually improve since rookies do tend to do that otherwise they really wouldn't be rookies.

Patriots needs for 2010:

WR2
WR3/4 (backup)
TE1
TE2
RB (?)
OG
DE
LOLB
ROLB
ILB
CB2
CB1
P

Pimping 4 picks in 2 rounds when there are arguably 13 starting spots/significant backup spots that need to be filled simply isn't going to appease people who don't want rely on cut players and UFDAs. That's especially true because it's unlikely that the 4 picks in the first two rounds will result in 4 players who are NFL quality starters in the first week of the season.

Last edited:
Just sent Bodden a message on Twitter. Will let you know if he responds.

actually, its a very good argument.......you just don't like it

Then BB would not have learned from his past mistakes with CB's. All the Duane Starks, Deltha O'neals, Fernando Bryant's, Chad Scott's and the list goes on then you finally get one that pans out and you just let him walk so we can try out other run of the mill CBs like Buchanon hoping he fits.

Add to it the drafted DB busts
Wilhite, Wheatley, Gus Scott, Dexter Reid, Brock Williams, Eugene Wilson

When they pan out, the leave or let go
Asante, Hobbs

Add to it the drafted DB busts

When they pan out, the leave or let go
Asante, Hobbs

you can't call what wilhite has done as a 4th rounder a bust

He also calls Eugene Wilson a bust, which is about as dumb as it gets around here.

Add to it the drafted DB busts:

When they pan out, they leave or are let go:
Asante, Hobbs

Don't forget Weed Willie Andrews, Mikey Richardson & Christian Morton.

This stupid game of Musical CBs that Bill has played since Ty Law's departure has to stop.

If he can afford to sign TBC, Neal & Kaczur to those above-market contracts, then he can cert. afford to pay Leigh Bodden the money he deserves.

Players that produce at a high-level and contribute during seasons in which a SB was won are not busts. The amount of time that they spend in the organization is irrelevant.

That's like saying Keith Foulke is a bust.

Last edited:

This stupid game of Musical CBs that Bill has played since Ty Law's departure has to stop.

If he can afford to sign TBC, Neal & Kaczur to those above-market contracts, then he can cert. afford to pay Leigh Bodden the money he deserves.

So now we are calling out 7th round draft picks busts?

Andrews was not a bust. He was just "busted"....:p

WilliE ANDREWS WAS A 7TH ROUNDER.

SOME Dumb stuff here today

Excellent point sir!!!
DW Toys

So.. Bodden doesn't count in that group? .. I am not as up-to date w/ reports on Buchanon .. what is the going reports on him? I certainly would think it would not be in the Stark/Oneal/Scott category.. all guys well into there 30's .. Buchanon is 29..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft