PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butch Stearns: Rivers MAY have torn ACL, or not [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a sprained MCL...I believe he expects to practice today and fly up with the team. Although you never can tell...Kaeding and Norv said that his kicking was fine but he still missed those FGs..

Re: Butch Stearns: Rivers has torn ACL [mergedx2]

and the chargers have that bad element too

but you types aren't even real football fans

Apparently SD needs a little more of those "bad element" fans to avoid....

The San Diego Chargers face a local TV blackout for Sunday's playoff game unless the home team sells its remaining 350 tickets by 1:30 p.m. today – a task made tricky by a winter storm predicted for game time and the thousands of tickets for resale on the Internet.

IT'S THE PLAYOFFS!! YOU BARELY SOLD OUT THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Butch Stearns huh...."I'm not so sure about that..."

When I heard this, first thing I thought was, "Isn't it an MCL injury that affects lateral movement?" Second thing was "Oh wait! It's Butch Stearns."

Needless to say I wont be watching the 10 o'clock news tonight. However, also heard on EEI that Cromartie is hurt/sick?

You're absolutely right. I spend 12 Sunday per year out at Gillette Stadium supporting my favorite team, but that doesn't make me a "real football fan".
it sure doesn't make you an honest football fan

but hey maybe you're just all about smack talk and are incapable of having a logical football discussion i don't know.

if it's all smack cool.....but even in smack i don't lie, and i expect people to actually tell the truth, even in their smack

maybe i'm holding people like you to too high a standard

so go right ahead and keep lying in your smack talk

every board has so much ******ed false facts anyway...so just keep spreading the misinformation and creating stupider people by the second.....

It's a sprained MCL...I believe he expects to practice today and fly up with the team. Although you never can tell...Kaeding and Norv said that his kicking was fine but he still missed those FGs..

No Rivers didn't practice today. Neither did Gates.
What Butch Stearns is reporting is Rivers knee is more serious and the Chargers aren't coming clean about how serious.
But Latisha is fine after she couldn't go in the 2nd half of the Indy game but could ride a bike on the sidelines and get in the face of her QB who, unlike her, had and has a very legit knee injury.
What a leader that LT...... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yea, I partially tore my meniscus and I was OOC for 3 weeks.

then you're a pus.sy

I shredded my ACL and meniscus and was able to run straight-line and ride a bike the same day.

In Europe, notably England, it was common for soccer athletes to have their meniscii removed or reduced to increase their speed on the pitch.

with a proper brace, Rivers could play with an ACL tear

Last edited:
This Charger fan *********** thread is awesome, 3:00 pm EST Sunday can't come fast enough.

After the way your Charger trolls acted around these parts last year prior to the playoff game, you've got balls the size of King Kongs to run your mouths and complain about Patriot fans and the way they act.

If your team was 17-0 and hosting the AFCCG, you'd be acting the same way, so who's ****ting who...................

if it's all smack cool.....but even in smack i don't lie, and i expect people to actually tell the truth, even in their smack.

What did I lie about? All I said was if Rivers has a torn ACL, a 100% Volek is better than a 60% Rivers. That's not smack talk. That's my opinion, and I think many other fans would agree.

Apparently SD needs a little more of those "bad element" fans to avoid....

The San Diego Chargers face a local TV blackout for Sunday's playoff game unless the home team sells its remaining 350 tickets by 1:30 p.m. today – a task made tricky by a winter storm predicted for game time and the thousands of tickets for resale on the Internet.

IT'S THE PLAYOFFS!! YOU BARELY SOLD OUT THE PLAYOFFS!!!
that's because san diego isn't anywhere near as good a fan base as boston, green bay , new york , kc , and numerous others

this is a fact

if san diego had a good town for sports in the way of support, they wouldn't still be looking for a new stadium.

that town is ******ed when it comes to supporting the football team, they gave the ******* padres a stadium first lol

see i can tell the truth...i am truthful, i doubt you have that in you

it sure doesn't make you an honest football fan

but hey maybe you're just all about smack talk and are incapable of having a logical football discussion i don't know.

if it's all smack cool.....but even in smack i don't lie, and i expect people to actually tell the truth, even in their smack

maybe i'm holding people like you to too high a standard

so go right ahead and keep lying in your smack talk

every board has so much ******ed false facts anyway...so just keep spreading the misinformation and creating stupider people by the second.....

"Stupider" isnt a word.

It's a sprained MCL nothing more. You can't run or play with a torn ACL. :cool:

Not much you can do with a sprained MCL except rest it.

What did I lie about? All I said was if Rivers has a torn ACL, a 100% Volek is better than a 60% Rivers. That's not smack talk. That's my opinion, and I think many other fans would agree.
of course that's true

i read someone saying they would rather face a healthy rivers start over a healthy volek lol

i mean come on, rivers looked ******* good in the indy game, would it kill some people to admit that?

Last edited:

Uh yea...Butch Stearns is either misreporting or misquoting. You can barely walk on a torn ACL, especially this close to it happening, while I imagine you could play, you're just asking for permanent long term damage from even the slightest of pass rush.

There's 0% chance he has a torn ACL and is playing.

Dennis Dixon, the QB for Oregon played with a torn ACL. He didn't make it through the game, but there was no limp until his leg buckled when he tried to make a cut. He actually scored a rushing touchdown.

If Rivers really has a torn ACL and plays, if nothing else I can give him some credit for toughness.

Rivers was having the game of his life before he left last Sunday. If the Chargers hope to advance to their 2nd SB, they'll need Rivers to reenact that performance, this time with a banged up MCL. If he plays, the OL better offer him the best protection ever because you know the Pats will be coming up the gut to force him to use his feet.

Regards,
Chris

This Charger fan *********** thread is awesome, 3:00 pm EST Sunday can't come fast enough.

After the way your Charger trolls acted around these parts last year prior to the playoff game, you've got balls the size of King Kongs to run your mouths and complain about Patriot fans and the way they act.

If your team was 17-0 and hosting the AFCCG, you'd be acting the same way, so who's ****ting who...................
i was scared ****less last year cause we had marty lol

this year i'm happy with what we've done so far , actually winning playoff games

if we lose we will have lost to the greatest football team ever

we have nothing to lose , you guys do

no one expects us to even play this game close, it's ******* beautiful lol

it ******* should be lol

that's funny

you and lander have been good members here in my opinion--glad to see we've both got something to root for with only 4 teams left

Re: Butch Stern on WEEI just said

Thats because you dont know anything about football.

Billy Volek doesnt have half the arm Rivers does.
So who has have back-to-back 400-yard passing games, Rivers or Volek?

One of us doesn't know much about football, but it isn't me, babe. It's you.

I said I'd rather face Rivers than Volek, and it has NOTHING to do with how strong a guy's arm is. After you have watched football for more than two years, you will realize that arm strength is the most highly over-rated aspect of quarterbacking.

I understand that you're too young to remember, but Ryan Leaf had a stronger arm than either Rivers or Volek. On the Patriots, Rohan Davey had a much stronger arm than Brady.

Volek played extremely well in Tennessee, but mostly he is solid and stable and not as easily flustered as Rivers.

I don't see what your problem is, anyway. We both want Rivers to play, because be both think it will help our team win.

that's funny

you and lander have been good members here in my opinion--glad to see we've both got something to root for with only 4 teams left
all smack aside, regardless of what happens, even if you guys pull out a snow plow and woodchipper LT to death

i'm pulling for whoever wins, to win the superbowl

if ya gotta lose, lose to the #1 team for the season

all smack aside, regardless of what happens, even if you guys pull out a snow plow and woodchipper LT to death

i'm pulling for whoever wins, to win the superbowl

if ya gotta lose, lose to the #1 team for the season

f'n A Bubba--100 percent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes