PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bull**** refs screwing over the Pats again [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going into the game, there was a lot of confusion on why a rookie referee crew was chosen over more experienced crews to referee the biggest regular season game of the year. What happened today clears things up. I was having my doubts during the game; the Hobbs PI call, the non-Faulk PI call, the non-Moss PI call when his hand was held the whole way, the Moss offensive PI call. Also, on the first Colts drive, Wayne was obviously out of bounds on that catch, and an obvious call led to the Pats having to waste a challenge. I honestly believe that the NFL chose these refs and told them to favor the Colts in order to further punish the Patriots for spygate. The fact that a rookie crew was chosen proves this. A rookie crew can be manipulated by Goddell and his thugs, and any complaints will be answered by the inexperience of the refs. The NFL wants the Patriots to lose, and Goddell will try to make them lose by any means possible.

I don't think the NFL had to say anything, bad, inexperienced refs will always be influenced by the home corwd and favor the home team. Thats what happened here.

With that said, with all the bad calls, the Pats didn't help themselves by playing stupid, undisciplined football either. I think is was something like 70-30 proper vs. bad calls. 30 percent is still too much, but the Pats played poorly as well.

I don't think the NFL had to say anything, bad, inexperienced refs will always be influenced by the home corwd and favor the home team. Thats what happened here.

With that said, with all the bad calls, the Pats didn't help themselves by playing stupid, undisciplined football either. I think is was something like 70-30 proper vs. bad calls. 30 percent is still too much, but the Pats played poorly as well.

Which is precisely why they sent a bad inexperienced crew to this particular game, especially considering that they had to know from the day the schedule came out it was the biggest game of the year. Inexcusable.

As far as the individual calls go. All of the 4 P.I. calls were awful. I disagree with what PatsinAZ said about "bailing out", as an official in a couple other sports myself, I've always been taught that only the play dictates the call, never the situation. You don't know as an official that the the 5 yard pass on 3rd and 20 might not turn into a big gainer with a missed tackle or two (kind of like what happened on Addai's catch and run maybe). If its P.I. you call it. Period.

Obviously the Hobbs and Moss calls were brutal. The one on Samuel looked uncatchable to begin with. And they missed another OPI on Clark in the first half when Harrison broke towards the ball and Clark just dragged him down.

Then you have a side judge who calls a catch on Moorehead when he's looking right at his foot on the white. Costing the Patriots a challenge.

As far as fans not complaining, that's absurd. You're the consumer here. If there's something wrong with the product, you have to complain, and loud and often, otherwise, it will never change.

Well it was a tough game, they put up a helluva fight and had a few schemes up their sleeves that surprised us but we were finally able to come back and overcome...

The Refs.

Oh yeah, the Colts played ok too.

Final Score
Pats 24
Refs 13
Colts 7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I made a bet to charity that the pats would win I had no idea that besides the Colts I be betting against the SON OF BEN DRYETH. That was the worst officiated game I've seen involving the Pats since 1976. When we got screwed out of going to the SB against the Raiders,by Dryeth. That being said it was a great win , I never gave up hope that we'd come back. It was tremendous.

Mathis and Freeney were held on almost EVERY play, but as a Colt's fan, I'm used to it. Also, the holding call on Lilja was TERRIBLE, his man didn't even get around him.

It works both ways, folks.

The better team won the game and I believe you guys will run the table in the regular season but, having said that, you guys whine to much.:rolleyes:

You're obviously under the influence of hallucinogenics

The better team won the game and I believe you guys will run the table in the regular season but, having said that, you guys whine to much.:rolleyes:
While Reggie Wayne was obviously guilty of OFFENSIVE PASS INTERFERENCE in the Patriots endzone. That was the most corrupt defensive pass interference call I have EVER SEEN!

Hayden holding Moss' arm on that endzone throw.
WORST. PI. EVER.

also, our whining isn't so loud it gets the rules changed. <cough> polian <cough>

Last edited:
Mathis and Freeney were held on almost EVERY play, but as a Colt's fan, I'm used to it. Also, the holding call on Lilja was TERRIBLE, his man didn't even get around him.

It works both ways, folks.

Evey week it seems I'm screaming at the tv about Warren,Green,Seymour or one of the LB's being held all game long when they rush the qb. They just don't call that much anymore. I'm talking about the Phantom PI calls.on hobbs,moss,I can't think of the third player.

Those refs were either corrupt or horrible, either way someone should be fired.

That said, the Colts defense played a heck of a game. Their awesome speed in dime coverage made it almost impossible to throw the ball, and by running it we just shortened the game.

And with all that crowd noise (a factor we don't have to worry about in the playoffs thanks to this win), our OTs obviously couldn't handle the DEs without help which further killed the passing game.

All things considered, other than the Snow Bowl, it's probably the greatest 4th quarter comeback in Brady's career.

I just finished browsing the game thread. Props to Shmessy for keeping the faith....:rocker:

But some of the posters on this board were exposed as being Brady haters and it's flat out embarrassing.

Let me make this clear: BRady makes plays....it doesn't matter if he has Randy Moss out there or Deion or Troy. He just makes plays.

Without Marvin Harrison (and I'm hearing a lot of excuses), Manning's entire strategy was reduced to handing off and chucking the ball up and hoping for a yellow flag.

Yet there are people on this board who would apparently rather have Peyton Manning as their quarterback, based on the first half of this game.

Fitzy has three words for you people.

Get off the bandwagon. There's no room for you.

TB is the best pure passer I've ever seen -- Manning is simply overrated -- and I'll scream it until the day I die.

Those refs were either corrupt or horrible, either way someone should be fired.

That said, the Colts defense played a heck of a game. Their awesome speed in dime coverage made it almost impossible to throw the ball, and by running it we just shortened the game.

And with all that crowd noise (a factor we don't have to worry about in the playoffs thanks to this win), our OTs obviously couldn't handle the DEs without help which further killed the passing game.

All things considered, other than the Snow Bowl, it's probably the greatest 4th quarter comeback in Brady's career.

I just finished browsing the game thread. Props to Shmessy for keeping the faith....:rocker:

But some of the posters on this board were exposed as being Brady haters and it's flat out embarrassing.

Let me make this clear: BRady makes plays....it doesn't matter if he has Randy Moss out there or Deion or Troy. He just makes plays.

Without Marvin Harrison (and I'm hearing a lot of excuses), Manning's entire strategy was reduced to handing off and chucking the ball up and hoping for a yellow flag.

Yet there are people on this board who would apparently rather have Peyton Manning as their quarterback, based on the first half of this game.

Fitzy has three words for you people.

Get off the bandwagon. There's no room for you.

TB is the best pure passer I've ever seen -- Manning is simply overrated -- and I'll scream it until the day I die.

I would never turn on Brady after what he did in 2001, even if he didn't lead the Pats to a 2nd and 3rd super bowl.

I want some accountability held to these referees. Right from the challenge Bellichick threw down to every PI call.

The challenged catch was awful. The ref was right on the line no more than 6 feet away. His angle was perfect, and he stepped outside the line a good 2inches. If you can't make that call you shouldn't be on the field, period. Asante was able to make the right call, and he's not getting paid to watch where people land.

How can Kevin Faulk get hooked all the way around like he did and not get PI called... I know the referees don't want to give up a 5 yard PI when its 3rd and long but rules are rules.

Randy Moss' push off? I'm still trying to figure out where that call came from.

The only PI call that went the Patriots way was on the 55 yard catch by Moss, which he caught anyway.

All in all it makes the win that much more impressive... and the defense held its ground despite it all.

Hayden holding Moss' arm on that endzone throw.
WORST. PI. EVER.

also, our whining isn't so loud it gets the rules changed. <cough> polian <cough>

Your whining is not only loud, it's incorrect. Polian never got ANY rules changed.

Hey, don't let silly little facts stop you, though. By all means, whine away......:D

Your whining is not only loud, it's incorrect. Polian never got ANY rules changed.

Hey, don't let silly little facts stop you, though. By all means, whine away......:D

You really need to stop with this crap. You know full well that you're not telling the truth.

looks like since the colts couldnt use their "camera" they couldnt adjust in the 2nd half. Belichick's gambit with being caught on purpose worked!

Uh huh, because you said so, right?

Riiiiiiight.:bricks:

:D

Yes, that's precisely it. Really. It's just me. :rolleyes:

This has been gone over time and again. You're wrong, you know it, move on. Polian couldn't beat the Patriots so he had the rule changed. Deal with it. Whether you want to try and hide behind "point of emphasis" or just admit that he got the rule changed, the effect was the same. The way pass interference and illegal contact are called was changed because Polian couldn't beat the Patriots under the existing rules.

The refs were awful, they completely got all 3 pass interference calls wrong.

But we won, so i don't care.

Facts>??? troll..you don't even know what the management of your beloved team does??? DEnial...and NO knOWLEDGE... go down and bow to Saint Dungy and the saints who do no wrong...Did tyou ever hear of the competition committee>>. amd how Polien tilts the board in your favor??? Talk about cheating...tell me that is fair???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft