PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Cap question

kevan2201

Rookie
Reaction score
Before roster cut down pats had 14 mil in cap space. Trading Folk gave em an extra 2 mil. Miguel has the pats at about 6 mil total right now. How the heck did pats lose 10 mil by cutting down to 53?

As someone who doesn't use twitter, I find his stuff impossible to follow... miss the days he used to have a website...

Adding Lowe, Wheatley, and Corral must deduct cap, but trading Strong must save cap. I am surprised as well. Great question.

Before roster cut down pats had 14 mil in cap space. Trading Folk gave em an extra 2 mil. Miguel has the pats at about 6 mil total right now. How the heck did pats lose 10 mil by cutting down to 53?
Are you accounting for the practice squad? that is about 15 players.

As illustrated in Family's post Miguel went from accounting for the Cap using the top 51 rule, which only factors in the top 51 cap hits, to accounting for everything which has a dramatic impact on the cap; it's always jarring for me when it happens even though as a Miguel follower I know it's coming.

Included now in the cap:
Players 52 and 53
Players on IR/PUP and injury settlements.
Players on the 16 man practice squad.
LTBE active roster bonuses and LTBE incentives.

No I didn't. I guess that would account for a good bit. Just bummed me out I thought the pats still had some moves to make.
They can pick up more cap space easily.

Haha. Yup, it can be done but Chicago has to trend up, and spend some money, or the fans will go NUTS. Chicago has been rebuilding and it is time to sign a few players and try to move up. The same situation as the Pats with a 1st round QB going into Y4.

Haha. Yup, it can be done but Chicago has to trend up, and spend some money, or the fans will go NUTS. Chicago has been rebuilding and it is time to sign a few players and try to move up. The same situation as the Pats with a 1st round QB going into Y4.
Yeah. It'll be interesting to see where both teams are standing at the start of free agency

Miguel uses actual contract data and a COMPLETE understanding of all the cap rules and considerations.

Curran heard it in a bar and reported it as fact.

Now YOU can choose who you want to believe.

Once again, Irishpersons are stereotyped.

Essentially it is due to us exiting “Top 51” land and now having to account for all contracts. Which makes me curious where some other teams, like the Chiefs, now stand which had less than $1M in cap space even under the “Top 51” rule. Sites like overthecap.com show them as being $8.6M over the cap.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back