PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bull**** refs screwing over the Pats again [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florio on BULL**** Moss PI call:

Wow . . . pass interference call on the Colts.
Pass interference on Moss.
Oh, man. That was the worst one of the day.

More and more readers think the fix is in -- these are the most complaints about the refs since Super Bowl XL.

Reader: "It is possible that Belichick was caught filming one of the official's wives."

Florio on BULL**** Moss PI call:

Wow . . . pass interference call on the Colts.
Pass interference on Moss.
Oh, man. That was the worst one of the day.
I think the defensive pass interference from earlier in the game was a far more egregious call than the Moss one... ah well...

One reader says that he was watching the game with 30 people and they shut it off when Moss was called for pass interference.

But again, the flag on the punt return against Andrew for unsportsmanlike conduct. We deserve it.

The PI's calls against us and no PI call for us is bad.

But the other penalties were correct.

Yeah definitely not game-breakers. Light needs to settle down. Whats up with that karate kick?

I'd not have made any excuses had we lost

But since we won - the Refs were making the same erroneous calls they made on Hobbs in the AFC Championship game - seemed almost like the exact same play they admit they blew last year.

And of course then they make non-calls when the Patriots are interfered with.

Had the Patriots not sucked it up and pulled out a tough win we'd legitimately be able to say that the refs decided yet another game with wrong calls

Brady looked as pissed as I've ever seen him - almost looked like he was giving a ref smack as the clock was running down (if it were me I probably would)

When the Patriots play at RCA stadium they're going up against two teams at once - the Refs and the Colts... both seem to do everything in their power to stop the Patriots from winning.

If this were an isolated case I'd say, those are the breaks - Refs blow calls everynow and then... but there's far to many "mistakes" being made to be a coincidence.

I'll be interested in what the NFL says about the job done by the officiating crew.

Absolute Rancid calls on Patriots today.

Maybe the worst game since Super Bowl 40.

In another thread before the game I said the Refs would try to 'even' this game out by calling more penalties on the Pats than ever before. You really can't name all the bad calls/nocalls in this game! I thought for sure that PI penalty was going to be on Randy on the long pass! My wife went upstairs after I started ranting about that! Luckily it was on the Colts and the good times rolled after that. But the refs made it a really close game!

Re: Terrible Call...2nd PI on the Pats

The P.I. on Hobbs made me want to throw up. I wanted to frigging puke my guts out. Classic example of the refs trying to screw us over again. Thankfully we didn't let it get to us this time. The Pats held them even after they got those BS calls.

Shades of Asante/Lelie pass interference much?

At the end of the day, it was bad. But it wasn't completely awful. The final numbers are skewed, but some of that has to do with the team, not the refs.

I thought the sportsmanlike on the blocking out of bounds was right -- see that all year. I thought the first PI on Hobbs was correct. I thought the leg whip was correct. I thought the no call on the PI on us was borderline, but ultimately, if I'm a ref, I'm not going out of my way to bail a team out with a PI on a 5 yard pass when it's 3d and 20 or whatever it was.

The second PI on Hobbs was bad. The offensive PI on Moss was bad. I thought we got a call in our favor on the Stallworth out of bounds force out. It was a force out, but you see that called 50/50. Getting the second foot down would have been really close.

At the end of the day, the things that decided the game are exactly the things that should, and it wasn't the refs. Turnovers were enormous, as they always are. And, at the end of the day, our special teams play was better, with virtually everything else being even.

Plus, the defense was just unbelievable in the second half. The way they recovered after Addai's play at the end of the half was amazing. The only points they scored were when they got the ball around the 30 on the turnover. Other than that, we shut them down, just long enough for our offense to find its way.

I actually thought the unsportsman-like conduct blocking out of bounds call was crap. He was just doing his job as a gunner.

The Hobbs call was crap. The Moss call was beyond crap. The Asante call was borderline crap, but too close to crap to hand them 50 yards. The no-call mugging of Faulk was crap. There were numerous brutal holdings the Colts got away with.

No, this officiating in this game was flat-out awful. It really was. The Colts played great, I'm not trying to take anything away from them, but that officiating was so one-sided that it really did for the first time make me buy into some kind of conspiracy theory that the refs were intentionally calling the game one-sided. Brutal call after brutal call, and we're not talking about ticky tack things here, we're talking about game changing calls.

It was pathetic.

And yes, I heard Welker scream "you f-ing suck" as well, wasn't sure if it was at the ref or at the Colts. But Brady definitely tore the ref a new one at the end of the game.

I thought the first PI on Hobbs was correct.

You're not serious are you? That was a TERRIBLE call. Not even Simms could justify that one even a little. That was OFFENSIVE pass interference if anything.

yea, but the calls could have easily decided the game...

good job for the pats in sticking in there

The refs did their darndest to give away this game to the Colts.
Fortunately, the Pats managed to overcome all the BS calls.
This does not excuse a ridiculously piss poor performance by the refs in probably the most highly scrutinized game of the year!!
The NFL should review this game and reprimand the refs responsible for the spate of terrible calls.

I actually thought the unsportsman-like conduct blocking out of bounds call was crap. He was just doing his job as a gunner.
Nah, that was one of the few good calls. You can't do what he did. You can't continue blocking a guy who is out of bounds.

You're not serious are you? That was a TERRIBLE call. Not even Simms could justify that one even a little. That was OFFENSIVE pass interference if anything.

I meant Samuel.

The Hobbs call was bad. So was the Offensive PI. Otherwise, I thought the game was fine, except for making the pats use a challenge on an obvious out of bounds. I've seen the 15 yard penalty on engaging a man out of bounds called about 5 times this season. I thought the force out on Stallworth was generous, and it was a huge play at a huge time.

Jeez, we sound like a bunch of little girls. Whining about refs is for losers. Whining about refs after winning is borderline crimnal.

This game was about the defense and special teams and some clutch play by the offense. I'm getting as sick of the "we're persecuted" garbage spewed by pats fans on a regular basis as I am by the media trying to create controversies.

I understand that there is a group of people here who genuinely believe that the refs care who wins, or that Roger Goddel is telling the refs who to favor. Whatever. I wish we could confine those posts to one thread so you could all just reinforce these ridiculous points to one another and also talk about UFO conspiracies or whatever else fits in that category. If the refs wanted to decide that game, we wouldn't have won.

Going into the game, there was a lot of confusion on why a rookie referee crew was chosen over more experienced crews to referee the biggest regular season game of the year. What happened today clears things up. I was having my doubts during the game; the Hobbs PI call, the non-Faulk PI call, the non-Moss PI call when his hand was held the whole way, the Moss offensive PI call. Also, on the first Colts drive, Wayne was obviously out of bounds on that catch, and an obvious call led to the Pats having to waste a challenge. I honestly believe that the NFL chose these refs and told them to favor the Colts in order to further punish the Patriots for spygate. The fact that a rookie crew was chosen proves this. A rookie crew can be manipulated by Goddell and his thugs, and any complaints will be answered by the inexperience of the refs. The NFL wants the Patriots to lose, and Goddell will try to make them lose by any means possible.

Jeez, we sound like a bunch of little girls. Whining about refs is for losers. Whining about refs after winning is borderline crimnal.

Dude, the refs were flat-out bad. For every fan who whines about the refs, there's an equally annoying one who takes pride in his objectivity to not whine about the refs. Don't be that guy, man.

The refs were brutally brutal today. Announcers rarely question the refs, but you had Simms on there at least 3 times saying "that's a tough call". These refs sucked, they sucked bad, they sucked in important situations, they sucked to the point where those refs should be reprimanded, and we should thank god we won, b/c we can now complain about how bad they friggin sucked.

Again, the Colts played great, can't take that away from them, but the refs were flat out sketchy.

I disagree with you here, I think being that we won, alows us to bring out the facts of how bad the refs were without trying to make excuses about a loss. I do not think there was a fix, BUT the big calls that were made were about as bad as I have seen. Sometimes you will get one, maybe two in a game. But it was much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back