Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you want to see a Bucs/Patriots SB?

• Total voters

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I know this is a million miles premature but since it seems everyone is talking about it......

• Pros
    • The haters would be so be having meltdowns.
    • Other teams message boards would be epically entertaining.
    • The legacies, not that they already aren't, woudl be etched in stone. I already don't see how you can make an argument Bill and Tom aren't the GOATS but people still try.
    • This board would be melting down and it would be funny to watch.
  • Cons
    • This board would be melting down and after a while to would be annoying to watch. Let's be honest it would be a bit of both. I do think the hostility in the end would reach a fevered pitch.
    • The media coverage would be unbearable. By the second week I'm so burnt out and saturated I cannot even imagine how bad it would be. Brady vs Bledsoe would be a short story compared to this ten book series.
    • The regular season game for me was bad enough. I was team Tom from the start because I believe Bill and Robert (who gets off the hook too much in this) should have done better by him. Watching the game was as close to watching your kids play against each other as it can get. Tom got his SB without Bill and I've moved on, I wish others would come and join me, and now I want Bill to get his without Tom. I also really like Mac. I think he's trending in the right direction and the people who aren't sold yet need to cut the kid some slack. He's a flipping rookie and people are holding Brady's career against him as a measuring stick. Tom wasn't always what Tom became. All that said I really don't want to have to root against Brady.

So for me in the end.....I definitely do not want to see this.

Also the 3rd choice is because I'm burnt out on RLKAG and with AB being AB this week I thought I'd bring up this gentle reminder that AB has always been AB.

(1) RLKAG has no diminishing returns
(2) I chose AB because he’s a POS
(3) if it’s a way to guarantee seeing NE in the SB, I’ll take it
(4) otherwise - no - I’m not at all interested beyond ‘NE being in the SB’
(5) I want my fav football team to win as much as possible. Other teams are irrelevant. I like watching the sport, I kinda hate the drama the NFL stirs up. I like sport. I don’t like soap operas.

It would mean the Pats are in the SB. What’s not to like?

This, generally, but I'd prefer any other opponent, just because I don't want any distractions from the miracle that this team and staff would have pulled off by getting there with a rookie QB.

************, as soon as I saw the Colin Cowherd link about this topic in the other thread I knew that a new thread was coming sooner rather than later. We really don’t need this, even without a Pats game this weekend.

1637416716204.gif

It would be epic. Getting to the SB this year regardless of outcome would be amazing. A win would be priceless.

If you're a Pats fan who doesn't have Brady Derangement Syndrome, this should be a no-brainer "yes". The rest of the NFL world would frame it as a "Patriots vs Patriots" Super Bowl, and I'd rather the Bucs win it than any team not named the Patriots. I get a lot out of seeing people mad about the Patriots being successful, I get a lot out of seeing people mad about Tom Brady being successful, so why not both?

Just as long as we don't choose to lose on purpose like last time.

But also, this seems premature.

I love GOAT QB Tom Brady for everything he did here in New England and for being a great competitor. If the Pats are lucky enough to play him and his Tampa All-Stars in the Super Bowl, I want to see his ass kicked.

Last edited:
It would the ultimate "Pass the torch" game if the Patriots beat the bucs in the Superbowl. And since it would be a soap opera pre game, it would be one of the most highly watched SB's of all time. And a good football game will be played as well. The next 4 weeks will determine if that is a possibility. I dont like rooting against Brady, but I am a Patriots fan first, and a Brady fan second(now that he plays for the Bucs)

Might as well call this thread "Another team/Pats Superbowl, Would You Want To See it?"

Why would any Pats fans not want to be in the Superbowl against "Another team"?

I‘d rather not and not because of TB12, I just can’t stand their head coach, Bruce Arians.

The poll wasn't would you rather see the Patriots not make the SB if the Bucs do. It was would you want to see that match up or no.

Absolutely. I can’t think of a more dramatic SB. The haters wouldn’t be able to watch it, it’s a no win situation for them.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back