PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BSMW bashes D&C for stupidly ripping BB...great read

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys make their living on the whole shock jock thing, they continue to beat dead horses.. and choose not to keep themselves informed, sound like they are trying to fill Borges shoes... I do not listen to them either..

You are exactly right. It amazes me how little these two know of sports. I remember listening one Monday waiting on TB to come on. They were trying to talk football but not a single one knew who the Patriots played the following Sunday. They had to look it up. Please, there is not a person on this board who will not have the schedule memorized within two days of it being released.

They hang up on callers and then blast them, not giving the caller a chance to respond. They know very little of which they speak, and they are reactionary to a fault. It amazes me they get the ratings they do.

I can't stand those guys. It's like Mr. Potato Head meets Charlie Brown every freakin' morning.
LMAO. What an image!

K-K-Kallahan and Third Reich Radio...

Its assinine these people, Cassel was on thier show so they have to kiss his ass, we got the right value for Cassel, if people wanted Cassel its not like teams didnt know he was going to get traded.. Enough of it already, lets worry who is going to be rushing the passer..

Why in the word would D&C hate on BB so much?? All the guy does is win.

They are idiots and don't know sports at all, I find myself listening to 900 AM with the national show "The First Team", they talk football and I like football.
FOX Sports on MSN - Radio - Sports Radio

As bad as D&C are do they really does BB really need BSMW sticking up for him? Just when I thought his balls couldn't get washed anymore now the 'media police" jump in and start licking. Some much for any chance of honest debate.

I have listened to D & C since that started their show.

The past month, I have been moving down the dial because I just cannot
take them anymore.

Dennis does a good job, although I seldom agree with is point of view.
Callahan is a complete boob. I am also a right wing leaning neocon, so
my dislike for Callahan has nothing to do with politics.

I have listened to Callahan for years, and I have not doubt, he knows
less about sports than anyone else on WEEI. The last time he got excited
about anything other than Jack Bauer is when the Red Sox signed Tony Clark.
Callahan got wood just thinking about Tony Clark.

How did Tony Clark work out for the Red Sox Jerry?

Callahan is a decent writer, he just does not know anything about sports.
He is the Howie Carr of sport. If he does not go negative, he has nothing
to add.

My move down the dial on my commute came from their consistant bragging
about being the #1 rated show in their time slot. True their numbers are
impressive, but what does it say for their competition?

If D&C went head to head with Dale & Holly or the big show, I would never
listen to them again.

I really enjoy Holly and I tolerate Dale.
I like the Big Show & I would take Pete Shepard over D or C anyday of the
week.

I like when D & C are on vacation and you get a different host every day.
They talk sports, and we don't get the Jack Bauer upate. I like 24, but
I don't like to hear about it on the radio.

Re: BSMW bashes D&C for stupidly ripping BB..great read

I won't turn that station on till 10am

Me too...and I turn it off at 2p.m.

As bad as D&C are do they really does BB really need BSMW sticking up for him? Just when I thought his balls couldn't get washed anymore now the 'media police" jump in and start licking. Some much for any chance of honest debate.

What's your honest debate? Let's hear it. An honest debate won't rely on hyperbole but fact. So let's hear it.

While you're thinking of it, maybe you can explain to me how pointing out obvious flaws in D&C's lowest-common-denominator 'debate' amounts to ballwashing Belichick, in your mind. Explain to me where pointing out untruths and ill-considered conculsions amounts to "licking".

Look, what D&C purveyed on Friday morning has nothing to do with honest debate. It went out over a mega watt radio station with affiliates throughout New England. And you're complaining that one website took on their BS and offered the other side. Makes me wonder about your desire for "honest debate".

Last edited:
I also think Felger and Zo or Felger and ****erson would make better hosts, they need a new morning crew..

What's your honest debate? Let's hear it. An honest debate won't rely on hyperbole but fact. So let's hear it.

While you're thinking of it, maybe you can explain to me how pointing out obvious flaws in D&C's lowest-common-denominator 'debate' amounts to ballwashing Belichick, in your mind. Explain to me where pointing out untruths and ill-considered conculsions amounts to "licking".

Look, what D&C purveyed on Friday morning has nothing to do with honest debate. It went out over a mega watt radio station with affiliates throughout New England. And you're complaining that one website took on their BS and offered the other side. Makes me wonder about your desire for "honest debate".

D&C are terrible, lets all agree. My point was that the second anyone tries to call BB less than perfect Patriot Nation has a hissy fit. Inside their hyperbole was the hint that the Patriots got less than the could have for Cassel. I think they did ok, if they weren't so tight against the cap they could have gotten more.

Of course GM's don't consider Cassel, with one year starting under his belt, throwing to Moss and Welker, to be a proven commodity able to replicate that with far lesser WRs, compared to Cutler, a pro bowl QB..

I'd hardly call Denver's wide receivers "Far lesser" than NEs. Marshall is a stud, and Royal is very good. Honestly, they might be better than NE's.

D&C are terrible, lets all agree. My point was that the second anyone tries to call BB less than perfect Patriot Nation has a hissy fit.

That's a myth. It's the first thing people throw out when their analysis is criticized. In the case of D&C, their analysis is based on the most ourageous conclusions they can draw. Pointing that out is "throwing a hissy fit"? A matter of which perspective you're looking at it from, I guess.

Inside their hyperbole was the hint that the Patriots got less than the could have for Cassel. I think they did ok, if they weren't so tight against the cap they could have gotten more.

Their 'hint' sucks and it doesn't hold up to simple reason.

Why were they so tight against the cap? Because they made the decision to get something for Cassel after last season, and the four years they put into him, instead of letting him walk for nothing. They were tight against the cap because of Cassel.

It seems pretty simple to me - once they had taken the risk of franchising him, they could either move him quickly and have the space again to sign free agents, or they could sit on him and try to wait out the market, presumably into April. Knowing of course that the Fred Taylors and Shawn Springs and Leigh Boddens and Joey Galloways - not to mention their own free agents - would sign with somebody else rather than to wait on the Patriots.

Simple question. Sit back, adding nothing to your team before the draft, unless you're willing to cut other guys that you weren't intending to cut to frere up the space. Or you find a serious bidder and move on.

The idea that they could have or should have gotten more - that was the brainchild of places like this, and the media. People looked at the Schaab deal and others and did their own math. You never heard any actual buyers out there valudating any of it. Because he'd cost at the outset 14 million, and like it or not, there was going to be hesitancy based on the 15 starts with a pretty good offensive team.

This idea that if they'd just waited a few days they would have gotten more is more of the same sort of speculation. Even if the Patriots didn't have Cassel's signed tender until 5 days before the deadline, there was adequate time for teams to inquire. Evidently, they didn't. All we have is more media speculation about firsts and thirds. Making this sort of trade is a commitment - since we're talking about Patriots risks here, I'm pretty skeptical about people who have only one foot in the water even as time is running out. I'm figuring the foot on the shore will leave me holding the bag.

Point is there are layers to everything. Instead I'm hearing that Mike Vrabel insulted Patriot Place and was sent out to pasture, and that Jay Cutler was traded because of a passion play involving Lonie Paxton. I'm glad there is at least one guy - in a sea of this - who points out that we're getting less than valid analysis here.

Last edited:
Why were they so tight against the cap? Because they made the decision to get something for Cassel after last season, and the four years they put into him, instead of letting him walk for nothing. They were tight against the cap because of Cassel.

It seems pretty simple to me - once they had taken the risk of franchising him, they could either move him quickly and have the space again to sign free agents, or they could sit on him and try to wait out the market, presumably into April. Knowing of course that the Fred Taylors and Shawn Springs and Leigh Boddens and Joey Galloways - not to mention their own free agents - would sign with somebody else rather than to wait on the Patriots.

Simple question. Sit back, adding nothing to your team before the draft, unless you're willing to cut other guys that you weren't intending to cut to frere up the space. Or you find a serious bidder and move on.
This idea that if they'd just waited a few days they would have gotten more is more of the same sort of speculation. Even if the Patriots didn't have Cassel's signed tender until 5 days before the deadline, there was adequate time for teams to inquire. Evidently, they didn't. All we have is more media speculation about firsts and thirds. Making this sort of trade is a commitment - since we're talking about Patriots risks here, I'm pretty skeptical about people who have only one foot in the water even as time is running out. I'm figuring the foot on the shore will leave me holding the bag.

Thankfully another all too rare voice of reason.

BB franchised Cassel, moving from one of the last 3rd round picks in 2010 to one of the first 2nd round picks in 2009. He also executed in a way that allowed immediate signing of needed FAs before the market shrunk.

Denver, et. al. had plenty of time to work their hypotheticals even before the 5 days previous Cassel signing. They didn't. KC did. They weren't ready to move. KC was. Thinking readers can figure out just who was a serious bidder and who was a window shopper.

Thankfully another all too rare voice of reason.

BB franchised Cassel, moving from one of the last 3rd round picks in 2010 to one of the first 2nd round picks in 2009. He also executed in a way that allowed immediate signing of needed FAs before the market shrunk.

Denver, et. al. had plenty of time to work their hypotheticals even before the 5 days previous Cassel signing. They didn't. KC did. They weren't ready to move. KC was. Thinking readers can figure out just who was a serious bidder and who was a window shopper.
It's all common sense here...the team wanted to get SOMETHING in return for Cassel. THAT is a great move, although risky as if there are no buyers one is stuck with two large cap hits at QB. By making that trade..they got a solid pick and were able to free up money to sign free agents..players that may have been elsewhere if they had waited around to be greedy. Sometimes it is timing that is key and this was one of them. The balance of getting value and freeing up money was done with perfection. The real question is not if they could have gotten more in waiting, but what MORE they could have gotten (MORE than pick 34) versus what they got by making the quick deal..Taylor, Springs etc. THAT is what the real comparison should be. Denver waiyed as did Tampa and Detrot and maybe others. To Denver, it was more important signing Dawkins, Paxton and Gaffney than Cassel. THAT was where they were at. I think a lot of teams wanted to pass and play chicken and the early bird got the worm. Teams wanted to wait and see Cassel's value drop as the Pats panicked..instead they lost out as they missed what was more important..the timing.

Everyday that I don't have to listen to EEI is a godsend. Thank you XM radio, thank you so much for the NFL network. I get to hear about football everyday on my way to and from work and its is friggin the best.

The real question is not if they could have gotten more in waiting, but what MORE they could have gotten (MORE than pick 34) versus what they got by making the quick deal..Taylor, Springs etc. THAT is what the real comparison should be.

Excellent. Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back