PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi picking Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey kid brady i thought they where gonna outscore the bills and wat happened?:confused:Also the oakland raiders defensive line is good.Lets just see how much this team wants it after the bills meltdown!

In my book last year a great offense/good defense beat a good offense/great defense.

Thanks, you support my statement. :p

a good defense or great defense is better than Patriots defense and Raiders defense combined.

Last edited:
Hey kid brady i thought they where gonna outscore the bills and wat happened?:confused:Also the oakland raiders defensive line is good.Lets just see how much this team wants it after the bills meltdown!

I hope they do brother.

but as far as secondary goes, brady likes this

Personally, I don't care when Bruschi picks the Pats or picks against him. He is an analyst and probably doesn't have that much more insight than any other analyst when it comes to the Patriots.

Thanks, you support my statement. :p

a good defense or great defense is better than Patriots defense or Raiders combined.

Sure.

The correct answer is that every game is won by a combination of offense, defense, and special teams, and if you're not good in one area you have to make up for it elsewhere.

What we have now (best offense/worst defense/good special teams) probably isn't going to take us far into the playoffs. But with good special teams and the league's best offense, the Pats could definitely win the Super Bowl if we have a somewhat above average defense-which is exactly what the Colts and Saints proved.

The idea that defense is the only way to win is idiotic.

Last edited:
Which makes PatsFans.com such an outlier when compared to, say, any other fan forum for any team in any sport...ever.
Yeah, at least we're no worse than Jets fans. That's something, right?

Yeah, at least we're no worse than Jets fans. That's something, right?

No better or worse than any other team's fanbase (with the exception of most Florida teams).

Last edited:
I have. I also don't think it necessarily translates to compare homerism between teams that are constantly crap with teams that go to the playoffs every year. Eventually you'd expect reality to set in, unless they were Jets fans, of course.

If were were to go 5-11 this season, this place would start to resemble the Bellevue psych ward by around week eight.

Now you're moving the goalposts (understandably, since you were so absolutist in this earlier quote).

Which makes PatsFans.com such an outlier when compared to, say, any other fan forum for any team in any sport...ever.

But really, there are sites that are much more objective overall than this one. Some of it has to do with winning, no doubt, but not all of it.

Last edited:
I wanna see at least 120 yards from the wrs on the outside.Need to get more production from them!

Sure.

The correct answer is that every game is won by a combination of offense, defense, and special teams, and if you're not good in one area you have to make up for it elsewhere.

What we have now (best offense/worst defense/good special teams) probably isn't going to take us far into the playoffs. But with good special teams and the league's best offense, the Pats could definitely win the Super Bowl if we have a somewhat above average defense-which is exactly what the Colts and Saints proved.

The idea that defense is the only way to win is idiotic.

Ahhh, good point.

I agree fully as well. Makes sense to me.

Sure.

What we have now (best offense/worst defense/good special teams) probably isn't going to take us far into the playoffs. But with good special teams and the league's best offense, the Pats could definitely win the Super Bowl if we have a somewhat above average defense.

The correct answer is that if you look at Super Bowl XLV, Sunday in Buffalo, and the last two playoff losses; you have universal confirmation that turnovers and turnover differential are the most important determining factor in who wins.

The one universal truth throughout football history is the answer ignored while patsfans.com goes unicorn hunting.

The two teams are very close this year in YPG and PPG allowed. And both are near the bottom of the league. That isn't what I would call "good".

You have to go back to the steelers game last year when this defense played well.I hope they can play like that.

OT: Just a little tidbit I just read. Darius Butler could be starting for Carolina this weekend , because the starter isn't recovering quickly from a concussion.

Last edited:
I never take these "expert" predictions seriously. I also try to avoid watching ESPN when I can, although I am a big Mike Reiss fan. I generally like Bruschi, as he is one of the anlyists that does his home work. That said, it seems that ESPN is be mostly about creating controversies and debates. Maybe this generates ratings or fills airtime, but either way I find it annoying. I know some posters probably like ESPN, but I prefer the NFL Network. Just my two cents worth.

Doesnt make sense cause even with 4 picks the offense put up 31 points...if anything the Raiders have to outscore Brady. Each Patriot first drive has resulted in a Td so far in the season I expect that to continue

So where does Tedy come up with a dreadful, can't stop anyone secondary like Oakland's keeping us at 24 points?

Maybe Tedy can tweet the answer.

Long time of Raider possession leading to fewer drives?

Frankly, I don't think the numbers work out that way very often.

I think unfortunately,that Bruschi is correct but in my own opinion for several reasons....

1) Long Flight across country is never easy on a team

2) This may be considered by some to be a trap game with the Pats knowing that not only do they have a long flight back,but in less than 7 days they face the evil Jets

3) This team is overdue to put 2 losses in a row on the board under Brady...its rare but overdue

4) The defense can't stop any team unless you consider allowing 24 points and 600 Yards to the opponent as a good game :cool:

5) The Raiders are not the Raiders of 2004-2010 - This bunch looks pretty darn good

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes