PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi picking Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant wait for this game the pats Oline has been great so far now they get a real test with Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly up the middle... GO PATS

I'm gonna pick the Raiders too. having shootouts every week, while exciting, does not inspire confidence.

You obviously don't know much about the Raiders. Campbell is a horrible QB and Stone Hands-Bey has great straight-line speed, but couldnt catch a cold if he was buck naked sitting on an iceberg.

They have poor LB's other than maybe McClain... and opposite of Routt will be a rookie with a sore leg... Either Chekwa or Van Dyke. If Van Dyke is healthy, he'll probably be the starter, because he's an Al Davis guy. I can see a few Tom Brady pump fakes totally taking advantage of the rooks.

The Patriots have been playing against teams with good QB's lately. This defense should bring the stats back down against Campbell. Just put the best corner on Moore all game long.

People/media will jump off the Raider bandwagon after this week. Trust me.

If you put these two offenses together, the starters would be:

Brady
McFadden
Hernandez
Gronkowski
Light
Mankins
Connolly/Satele
Waters
Vollmer
Welker
Ford

You got it, champ. 8 Patriots, 2 Raiders, and one that's up in the air.

The 3rd down back would be Woodhead.
The 3rd wide receiver would be Branch.

You ever watch Satele play? He sucks. He hardly ever blocks anyone and has difficulty getting to the 2nd level. He thinks standing in space is blocking... The only thing he is good at is giving the NT in front of him to one of his Guards.

Stefan Wisniewski is going to be a great Guard and Veldheer is a beast. Also, Ford is about the 3rd best WR the Raiders have... IMO. I'd much rather have Moore or Murphy.

let's hope that the great # 54 Tedy (i will never forget him as a TRUE patriot) is wrong this time...

Ha. This is pretty funny considering the Raiders defense is just as bad as ours.

The difference being with their running game they can go into the 4th with a lead and swallow that whole quarter up on the ground. Game ...set ...match.

However.... I look for the Pats to win by a TD

let's hope that the great # 54 Tedy (i will never forget him as a TRUE patriot) is wrong this time...

Yes, the possibility of being 2-2 going into the NYJets game does not sound too appealing to me. Particularly when you think of how we should have gone into the half up 28-7 last week, had it not been for the Brady/Woodhead tipped pass at the Bills' 10 yard line. That game really should have made them 3-0, which would mean a simple loss to the Raiders or Jets would not have been nearly as big of a deal. Let's hope that they bounce back and have a strong showing this week, in my opinion it's a bit more important than most likely think, OAK being an AFC conference team etc.

2-2 going into a tough game with the Jets would put a tremendous amount of pressure on everyone. Especially considering the potential and expectations of this yr's team. Sometimes its games like the Bills loss that start a bit of a spiral. That usually does not pertain to us, and I certainly don't want it to start now.

Besides, we have the potential to see the NYJ exposed, with their loss to OAK last week, their game vs BAL on Sunday, and then at NE the following week. It would be a great time to kick them while they're down. Or at least while they're weakened.

Last edited:
You obviously don't know much about the Raiders. Campbell is a horrible QB and Stone Hands-Bey has great straight-line speed, but couldnt catch a cold if he was buck naked sitting on an iceberg.

They have poor LB's other than maybe McClain... and opposite of Routt will be a rookie with a sore leg... Either Chekwa or Van Dyke. If Van Dyke is healthy, he'll probably be the starter, because he's an Al Davis guy. I can see a few Tom Brady pump fakes totally taking advantage of the rooks.

The Patriots have been playing against teams with good QB's lately. This defense should bring the stats back down against Campbell. Just put the best corner on Moore all game long.

People/media will jump off the Raider bandwagon after this week. Trust me.

You don't know what your talking about . Jason campbell is playing very well and more than capable of winning in a shootout(hes no tom Brady ) Campbell stats Qb rating 93.8 completed 54 attempted 82 pct 65.9 yards 584 194.7 7.1 avger per pass 3TD 1 interception(hail mary)

DHb is probably raiders sixth best WR. Hes going to start where he was drafted but when important downs come they will have there better Wr's in there. He going to bury the Cb that covering him in the running game. (making it easier for D Mcfadden to get outside)

MCclain has been hit or miss but him and K wimbley are pretty good LBs. Q Groves is the weak spot but even he has been playing supprising well(Probably been more consistant than McClain ) Still Raiders are playing a Passing team and You will see their big safeties
in their at LB(M Mitchell and Jerome Boyd) Not as much Groves this week.

Chekwa will get the start after his performance against the jets(look very impressive) Not having Hernandez to team with Gronkowski is a big blow to the patriots

Your not winning a shootout with just Gronk and Welker when raiders know your going to be passing it . I think raiders can match up pretty well with your other weapons.

Now you go to the other side your defense versus Raider offense your talking bigger mismatches.

So gook luck and don't forget to come back and discuss where you went wrong in you analysis. Thanks I needed the laugh.

Last edited:
Please stop with the silliness. Vollmer was an All-Pro at RT last year, just to point out one ridiculously obvious screw up on your list. Bush is not a 3rd down back, just to point out another. I could continue, but those two pretty much sum it up, I think.

Veldheer better than Light . Veldheer going to be one of the better Lt in this game while Light playing on borrow time. This guy has a work ethnic second to none.

You want a third down back Taiwan Jones blows anyone of your RBs away. The guy is even faster than Mcfadden(might be fastest raider) and he can run it and catch it very well. I hope Raiders break him out this week. BTW Thanks for that draft pick we used it on him. Here was his only game he played in preseason. Taiwan Jones - YouTube

Last edited:
Okay Come back sunday night and tell me what you think. You might not believe now but I bet your opinion alot diffrent sunday night.

So, how'd all those "weapons" work out for you?

So gook luck and don't forget to come back and discuss where you went wrong in you analysis. Thanks I needed the laugh.

Loooooozah.

So when does your team move to LA?

Last edited:
Bruschi will learn that contrarian is not always a good career move ... :p

Bruschi got what he wanted. The defense stepped up when Brady wasn't on top of his game. This game goes to the defense and the running game IMHO.

You don't know what your talking about . Jason campbell is playing very well and more than capable of winning in a shootout(hes no tom Brady ) Campbell stats Qb rating 93.8 completed 54 attempted 82 pct 65.9 yards 584 194.7 7.1 avger per pass 3TD 1 interception(hail mary)

DHb is probably raiders sixth best WR. Hes going to start where he was drafted but when important downs come they will have there better Wr's in there. He going to bury the Cb that covering him in the running game. (making it easier for D Mcfadden to get outside)

MCclain has been hit or miss but him and K wimbley are pretty good LBs. Q Groves is the weak spot but even he has been playing supprising well(Probably been more consistant than McClain ) Still Raiders are playing a Passing team and You will see their big safeties
in their at LB(M Mitchell and Jerome Boyd) Not as much Groves this week.

Chekwa will get the start after his performance against the jets(look very impressive) Not having Hernandez to team with Gronkowski is a big blow to the patriots

Your not winning a shootout with just Gronk and Welker when raiders know your going to be passing it . I think raiders can match up pretty well with your other weapons.

Now you go to the other side your defense versus Raider offense your talking bigger mismatches.

Okay back under your rock you go .... later.

Well done, Bru.
But the D is far from solid.
Here's hoping that you'll take a dump on the D again this week!

Bruschi got what he wanted. The defense stepped up when Brady wasn't on top of his game. This game goes to the defense and the running game IMHO.

The running game. Yes. Just because you have the best passer that ever, does not mean you must pass, pass, and throw. If the D is keyed for the pass, then mother-floggin' RUN it!!
Ridley > Brady, when called for. Truth.

Teddy has done it again. This guy is an unguided missile. I thought his rant about Ocho was just a linebacker beating up a fancy-pants WR but now I am starting to wonder--maybe Teddy just likes to stir things up. He was a hell-raising LB after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes