PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi picking Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. This is pretty funny considering the Raiders defense is just as bad as ours.

Now you're making yourself look like comic

Pats D #32

Raiders D #28

Maybe ranked #32 which is worst in the league is somehow better than #28 ranked defense :rolleyes:

Defense wins Championships.

Always has and always will.

Ahem, correction "Sometimes has and sometimes will"

2000 Rams
2010 New Orleans Saints
2008 Colts
1996 Packers
2007 Patriots (should have won)

1984-1995, Outside of 2 SB's with winning team scoring 20 points, the other 10 SB's played the LOWEST # points scored by winning team was 37 points. :eek:

Last edited:
Now you're making yourself look like comic

Pats D #32

Raiders D #28

Maybe ranked #32 which is worst in the league is somehow better than #28 ranked defense :rolleyes:

they are about the same, who ever said the Pats D is better? and the Pats run stopping isn't even the problem, I really do not think Jason Campbell is going to go lights out either... a\

I don't care who Bruschi picks, I don't care what Bruschi thinks, I don't care what opinion Bruschi has about Ocho or any other topic..... Just don't care, Tedy

I believe he's motivating the team.
I admittedly have no idea, but maybe when he was with the team he would have worse to say to certain teammates who needed it than with the Oocho stuff.

they are about the same, who ever said the Pats D is better? and the Pats run stopping isn't even the problem, I really do not think Jason Campbell is going to go lights out either... a\

So by that assertion a team drafting #32 is also "about the same" as #28, since both would be "about the same SB champions", right ?

Hmmm, you likely thought the same about Henne and Rivers and Fitzpatrick. Run stopping is not a problem because opposing offenses know why bother running against this D when you can put a 7 spot on the Pats in 30 seconds by passing. OC simply tells the QB is get up to the LOS, look for where #32 is lined up, throw the ball in that direction to WR. Pretty straight forward gameplan and the opposing offenses are 3-3 so far executing that plan

I believe he's motivating the team.
I admittedly have no idea, but maybe when he was with the team he would have worse to say to certain teammates who needed it than with the Oocho stuff.

He's calling them out, and as a TV analyst he should. Why would he sugarcoat it just because he played for the Pats ?

Got no issues with his points...they are who they are, #32 worst ranked NFL defense, and he believes Pats D stopping Raiders O is more unlikely than Raiders D stopping Pats O, especially since Raiders can run the ball and can control the clock. It'll be put up or shut up time for Pats this Sunday.

Last edited:
Heres the bottom line about this game....

Chad Henne....yeah,he's not a great QB but he had Marshall and it was the first game of a shortened offseason, so you can say that passing game of 400 yards was a pass for the defense

Phillip Rivers is an Elite QB so some can say,yeah he does that to a lot of teams in throwing for 300+ so some give the defense another mulligan

Next was an upcoming QB in Fitzpatrick who seems to be on a hot streak and 300+ yards was not impossible

But if Jason freaking Campbell tosses for over 300 yards?? :eek:..it's going to be a long season.....Campbell is not a QB who should come even close to those numbers.

Heres the bottom line about this game....

Chad Henne....yeah,he's not a great QB but he had Marshall and it was the first game of a shortened offseason, so you can say that passing game of 400 yards was a pass for the defense

Phillip Rivers is an Elite QB so some can say,yeah he does that to a lot of teams in throwing for 300+ so some give the defense another mulligan

Next was an upcoming QB in Fitzpatrick who seems to be on a hot streak and 300+ yards was not impossible

But if Jason freaking Campbell tosses for over 300 yards?? :eek:..it's going to be a long season.....Campbell is not a QB who should come even close to those numbers.

He will throw over 300+ only reason why I think he will is because I'm pretty sure Belichick is going to force Campbell beat the pats while trying to stop DMC

He will throw over 300+ only reason why I think he will is because I'm pretty sure Belichick is going to force Campbell beat the pats while trying to stop DMC

Trying to stop DMC is one thing, and actually doing it is another. Sexy Rexy could not figure that out last week.

If Pats stack the line all Campbell will have to do is dump the ball off. Raiders RB's are pretty skilled receivers, and guy like Denarious Moore has insane speed. He toasted the Bills on passes and end around, and then killed the Jets on similar play. The TD catch against the Bills while being double covered on a not so good pass was ridiculous !
I'm sure Raiders will line Moore against McToasty.

Last edited:
After last week, it's not shocking that people would take a "prove it" approach to the Patriots defense.

That's it in a nutshell, so I disagree that Bruschi is mainly stirring up sh** for the media on this one.

This will a tougher road game than Buffalo and should be very close (so take the points!).

They will probably scheme to stop McFadden first and foremost (lots of 3-4 looks?) and force Campbell to beat them. The problem with that is that our secondary is shaky and Campbell has been playing well. Also, Albert has to be able to be effective playing in a three man front.

If BB doesn't unleash a brilliant (or different) defensive scheme, and the players aren't able to execute it, the D will get gashed again and and everything will again fall on Brady's shoulders.

That's it in a nutshell, so I disagree that Bruschi is mainly stirring up sh** for the media on this one.

This will a tougher road game than Buffalo and should be very close (so take the points!).

They will probably scheme to stop McFadden first and foremost (lots of 3-4 looks?) and force Campbell to beat them. The problem with that is that our secondary is shaky and Campbell has been playing well. Also, Albert has to be able to be effective playing in a three man front.

If BB doesn't unleash a brilliant (or different) defensive scheme, and the players aren't able to execute it, the D will get gashed again and and everything will again fall on Brady's shoulders.

The problem is that even IF Brady continues to play lights out, we can probably expect someone else to run the wrong route, fumble, make a costly mistake too. It's just unrealistic to think that the offense can play to such a high level every single week. What happens when they "only" score 21-24 points (see NYJ Playoff game)? There's no way that this defense is currently going to allow us to seriously compete right now. They can't stop or hold someone under 21 pts in my opinion. Yes, SD only scored 21, but thinking that the other team is going to move the ball up and down the field at will, only to turn it over 4 times is extremely unlikely. It's hard to determine if NE won that game against SD, or if SD simply lost it..If I were forced to pick one side or the other, I'd have to lean towards SD losing it by virtue of shooting themselves in the foot, although there are many 100% homers who will say that we simply forced them into mistakes. I don't firmly believe that.

At this early point in the year, it's almost like we could be 1-1-1 (with a "toss up" for the SD game...and even then, Brady and the offense have been playing a very high level of offensive proficiency. At this point, it's kind of difficult to predict exact what kind of team this is, and I expect that we will know very soon--particularly in the next week and a half at OAK and vs the NYJ.

If you say something stupid, enough times, you can always believe it.

Triumph of the dumb girls.

Too bad, it doesn't make it any more true.

I wonder if Oakland pitching a 5 TD's in 5 drives in Buffalo is what makes Tedy think their front four is so good.

I guess the way to get Tedy approval is to surrender 11 more points and 60 more yards to the same team in the same stadium.

No wonder we can lose a game where the QB pitches four INT's and a pick six and the defense gets blamed.

If anyone is an expert on stupid its definitely you.

You must fit right in with all those Steeler fans.

I don't think you can call this game a potential "shootout." That's where two QB's attack through the air scoring, matching each other TD for TD....until whoever has ball last wins out. I don't see Jason Campbell going toe to toe with Brady in this one. What could happen tho is McFadden and company running all day on our questionable D...and Campbell dinking and dunking enough to come away with a W.....

Back to OP topic.....guys, you can't expect all of our former players to be HOMERS on every game!! They are being paid to give their UNBIASED opinions on any given game. If not, they become just another Dan "Homer" Marino who is laughable as an analyst....."So Dan we have a Miami team going into Lambeau field against Rodgers and the Packers this cold December day, where the high temp is going to only reach about 19 below with a wind chill factor of -45 degrees and with a 99% chance of heavy snow and 30 mph winds....who do you like today Dan? Moron-ino: "I gotta go with the dolphins today"

I'm gonna pick the Raiders too. having shootouts every week, while exciting, does not inspire confidence.

why is no one talking about the Packers D? They straight up suck, yet people are still crowing the pack as repeat champs.

I don't think you can call this game a potential "shootout." That's where two QB's attack through the air scoring, matching each other TD for TD....until whoever has ball last wins out. I don't see Jason Campbell going toe to toe with Brady in this one. What could happen tho is McFadden and company running all day on our questionable D...and Campbell dinking and dunking enough to come away with a W.....

Back to OP topic.....guys, you can't expect all of our former players to be HOMERS on every game!! They are being paid to give their UNBIASED opinions on any given game. If not, they become just another Dan "Homer" Marino who is laughable as an analyst....."So Dan we have a Miami team going into Lambeau field against Rodgers and the Packers this cold December day, where the high temp is going to only reach about 19 below with a wind chill factor of -45 degrees and with a 99% chance of heavy snow and 30 mph winds....who do you like today Dan? Moron-ino: "I gotta go with the dolphins today"

Take MCfadden out . raiders Line UP Chaz Schilens/ DHB / D hagan and denarius moore outside with jacoby Ford in the slot. Kevin Boss at Te and d Mcfadden as single back.
Raiders don't need to run it as your not stopping that in the pasing game.

McFadden averaged 9.0 YPC against the Jets.

Even removing his longest carry (70 yards), he managed an amazing 5.6 YPC.

I can see a certain team getting gashed on Sunday. :(

If anyone is an expert on stupid its definitely you.

You must fit right in with all those Steeler fans.

I have become an expert on spotting stupid.

Much practice with you posting here.

You posting has allowed my to hone the craft.

The problem is that even IF Brady continues to play lights out, we can probably expect someone else to run the wrong route, fumble, make a costly mistake too. It's just unrealistic to think that the offense can play to such a high level every single week. What happens when they "only" score 21-24 points (see NYJ Playoff game)? There's no way that this defense is currently going to allow us to seriously compete right now. They can't stop or hold someone under 21 pts in my opinion. Yes, SD only scored 21, but thinking that the other team is going to move the ball up and down the field at will, only to turn it over 4 times is extremely unlikely. It's hard to determine if NE won that game against SD, or if SD simply lost it..If I were forced to pick one side or the other, I'd have to lean towards SD losing it by virtue of shooting themselves in the foot, although there are many 100% homers who will say that we simply forced them into mistakes. I don't firmly believe that.

At this early point in the year, it's almost like we could be 1-1-1 (with a "toss up" for the SD game...and even then, Brady and the offense have been playing a very high level of offensive proficiency. At this point, it's kind of difficult to predict exact what kind of team this is, and I expect that we will know very soon--particularly in the next week and a half at OAK and vs the NYJ.

:confused:

I thought I already explained San Diego to you.

"San Diego" happened again last week against KC.

When something happens week after week after week and you refuse to realize reality; you have another fundamental problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back