PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi Coming Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruschi coming back = best news I heard all day

Pace seems to only want to play in his "contract year". Pace is a one year wonder to me. Caveat emptor.

I suppose, if you don't take into account the coaching change and the change of position. I think it's far more likely to be the cause of his uptick. I doubt anyone gets THAT much better just because it's a contract year.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about this. My head tells me it's time to move on, my heart says otherwise (yes, I have one).

I have mixed feelings about this. My head tells me it's time to move on, my heart says otherwise (yes, I have one).

That's pretty much my feeling as well. I don't want to see much of Bruschi or Seau on the inside this season.

I suppose, if you don't take into account the coaching change and the change of position. I think it's far more likely to be the cause of his uptick. I doubt anyone gets THAT much better just because it's a contract year.

I dont doubt some people in some situations play better in contract years. But if the player is capable of playing at that level than it is on the coaches to get it out of them. Pace may or may not work here but I would never shy away from a guy because he played good in a contract year with a coach like BB.

Tell that to Asante Samuel during the 2006 NFL Season.

I'd rather sign them both, so Bruschi and Seau (if he returns) can be backups/role players.
I doubt the Patriots have that much money under the salary cap to sign all these players:

Randy Moss
Jabar Gaffney
Kelley Washington
Tedy Bruschi
Junior Seau
Victor Hobson
Mike Wright (second round tender)
Eight 2008 NFL Draft Picks

and Calvin "one year wonder" Pace.

Best news in several days!!!!!! Yea Tedy!!!!

2006 was Asante Samuel's contract year. Samuel was franchised this past season.

Good point, I totally forgot.

Regardless, I don't think Samuel's jump from 2005 to 2006 was nearly as marked as Pace's for any of his seasons.

I think it's much more likely that he was simply being misused by Green. He's exactly the type of versatile LB that BB likes. If I had to choose between Pace and Hobson, I'd choose Pace, but I'd prefer both. We shall see.

Last edited:
I doubt the Patriots have that much money under the salary cap to sign all these players:

Randy Moss
Jabar Gaffney
Kelley Washington
Tedy Bruschi
Junior Seau
Victor Hobson
Mike Wright (second round tender)
Eight 2008 NFL Draft Picks

and Calvin "one year wonder" Pace.

I'm not a cap guy, so I really have no idea. There are a few guys on that list, though, that I would sacrifice to get talent at LB.

well, then this may also show that we are bringing rookie ilbs in as well....

bruschi would be a perfect menton i believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes