PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2022-23

Wow! Is he really that old? I remember talking about him being a 14 year old who was coming up to the Bruins. :)

Back in the early days (around 1970) we used to take a yearly trip up to Montreal for some hockey and stay at the same hotel as the Bruins. You couldn't meet a better bunch of guys. They'd hang out in the lobby for what seemed like hours and shoot the breeze with us. Even among that special group Orr was another level of special. I feel blessed to have seen how great he was both on and off the ice.

It was also nice to see the Bs fans in attendance in Philthy for Pasta's 3/60/300 game last week... Don't know how much road-trip interaction between players & fans goes on nowadays, but one thing's still certain: Hockey players are the friendliest, most down-to-earth dudes of the 4 sports.

It was also nice to see the Bs fans in attendance in Philthy for Pasta's 3/60/300 game last week... Don't know how much road-trip interaction between players & fans goes on nowadays, but one thing's still certain: Hockey players are the friendliest, most down-to-earth dudes of the 4 sports.
Yep, the hockey players are easily the most approachable. The last time the Bruins won the cup they celebrated with a few of my friends at a restaurant in Boston that one of them owned. That was one call I was sorry that I missed when I heard them telling stories about drinking from the Stanley Cup.

Yep, the hockey players are easily the most approachable. The last time the Bruins won the cup they celebrated with a few of my friends at a restaurant in Boston that one of them owned. That was one call I was sorry that I missed when I heard them telling stories about drinking from the Stanley Cup.

Lets hope they get to do that again in about a month & a half, and that you're there with them this time.

Hitting Season about to commence.

Very curious what kind of leash Monty has on Marchand who has been a turnover machine and gets muscled off the puck with great ease.....while still committing far too many senseless penalties.
So much depth, plenty of options

Very curious what kind of leash Monty has on Marchand who has been a turnover machine and gets muscled off the puck with great ease.....while still committing far too many senseless penalties.

Yeah I noticed that during his goal-less drought (that Entire first line has gone in the tank the past couple of weeks), he's resorted to being Bad Brad again... And that stupid ****'s gonna cost us if he doesn't get it cleaned-up, Immediately.

Last edited:
Lets hope they get to do that again in about a month & a half, and that you're there with them this time.
Unfortunately, the coronavirus took out his booming business in just a few months so they'll have to find another place.

Marchand has been the Bs' leading playoff goal scorer in each of their last four seasons & scored in over half of the playoff tilts he's played in for the past three seasons. Everybody goes to 10 during the playoffs but he and Krecji always seem to turn it up to 11. He's 3rd among all Bruins forwards (1st among left wings) in +/-i . For a supposed "turnover machine" he must be incredibly fortunate the other team chooses to be extra incompetent at capitalizing when he coughs up the biscuit. Add in the depth this team boasts is most everywhere but left wing along with the B's outstanding penalty killing and Marchand would have to essentially melt down to the point of repeated stick swinging majors to see his time reduced due to penalties. In short, my guess is his leash is so long it's virtually nonexistent. YMMV

Last edited:
I remember having those exact same discussions about Johnny MacKenzie back in the day. Sometimes when the Bruins would get an advantage he'd make it even with a dumbass penalty. Everyone loved him though. Still do.

One time Pie annoyed Orland Kurtenbach of the Rangers when he kept sticking his gloves in front of OK's face as he was in the corner facing out and looking for someone to pass to in front. OK kept swing his head back and forth while Pie followed with his gloves and OK ended up taking a dumb penalty of his own when he got frustrated by it. It was hilarious seeing the smaller JM block his vision that way.
Fighting was more prevalent back in those days. Pie McKenzie would instigate the fight and Wayne Cashman would finish it.

I went to a fight and saw a hockey game.

The playoff thread is here:

Would be awesome if the Bruins won the cup and then the Pats shocked to world and won the NFL cup.

One cup at a time.

That was an ok regular season o_O

It won't mean a thing if they don't win 16 more games.

I think that 65 wins is pretty damn impressive and meaningful no matter what happens. If I had to bet, it will probably be a while before it is surpassed.

Of course if they don't push it into the postseason that would suck, but this has been a crazy regular season stretch and nothing can take it away.

No.

In hockey, same as basset-ball, the regular season ain't ****.

Sorry to hear that! Huge opportunity missed. It was a great season culminating in a game 82 win against the Canadiens. Even though the Bruins had already set the single season wins record, they still went to kick ass in Montreal. It was a lot of fun.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back